The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #2,206 of 3,640
The chromies look great in Steve's images.  I wouldn't be disappointed if I owned a pair. Still, the brushed aluminum remains extra sexy.

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2,207 of 3,640

Quote:
The chromies look great in Steve's images.  I wouldn't be disappointed if I owned a pair. Still, the brushed aluminum remains extra sexy.

what am I supposed to be looking at again (distracted)

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #2,208 of 3,640

One of my many reasons picking up a pair is I hear female vocals are amazing with these.  Most recently I was blown away by fairly new talents of Christina Perri.  She's been making quite a few tv appearances recently and has a small cd out with like 5 songs, which I do like, but you should really check out her cover stuff on youtube.  I never like covers but these are amazing.  One of the few artist that sound better out of the studio me thinks.  Her style is little bit drawn out which might be too much for some. 

Anywho seeing Norah just reminded me I gotta find my copy somewhere before my headphone arrives.

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #2,209 of 3,640

Quote:
One of my many reasons picking up a pair is I hear female vocals are amazing with these.  Most recently I was blown away by fairly new talents of Christina Perri.  She's been making quite a few tv appearances recently and has a small cd out with like 5 songs, which I do like, but you should really check out her cover stuff on youtube.  I never like covers but these are amazing.  One of the few artist that sound better out of the studio me thinks.  Her style is little bit drawn out which might be too much for some.   
Anywho seeing Norah just reminded me I gotta find my copy somewhere before my headphone arrives.

Thanks for the heads up.  Will have to check out Christina Perri. 

And yet another female jazz vocalist guaranteed to give you an eargasm.  Your 325 and your ears will thank you. 
o2smile.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #2,211 of 3,640
I think the Little Dot 1+ (probably other Little Dots as well) does extremely well with the Grados. IMO they really benefit from tubes...helps calm the top end just enough.

Quote:
Guys, any specific amp that will make the Grados even better?

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #2,212 of 3,640

Quote:
Guys, any specific amp that will make the Grados even better?

I gave up on pursuing dedicated headphone amps.  Don't need it.  All my stereo components are consolidated in one spot at my listening area, so I just plug my cans into my Yamaha receiver.  Sounds great. 

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #2,216 of 3,640

Quote:
Grado 325 is.  I know the i = improved. What is the s =?  Supreme, silver, improved x2 so instead of ii is?

SR325i is the gold version that came after the silver SR325. Later on all Grados were upgraded to the "i" version and gold SR325i became the silver SR325is. And yes, SR325is is supposed to be an improved version.

From the first gen black 325 to the silver 325is:

Black SR325:

Black SR325 with HP1000 drivers:

Silver SR325:

SR325i

SR325is

Chrome's next....

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #2,217 of 3,640

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
stick with your goldies...the chromies look fine, but the gold is god in opinion (note, I own the chromies)

Yeah I was initially very smitten with them.  Hopefully they look just as good when I have them on hand.  And no I am not all looks, I am also hoping I will personally like their sound signature.  Still look is important too
tongue_smile.gif

i would still go for the gold over the chromies as nice as they look in my eyes

may i second that....:)

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #2,218 of 3,640

Quote:
Quote:
Grado 325 is.  I know the i = improved. What is the s =?  Supreme, silver, improved x2 so instead of ii is?

SR325i is the gold version that came after the silver SR325. Later on all Grados were upgraded to the "i" version and gold SR325i became the silver SR325is. And yes, SR325is is supposed to be an improved version.

That much I understand but does the s = short hand for something.  Like i = improved.  Or maybe it means nothing, just something to differ with 325i.  It just feels like 325is the s should mean something.

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #2,219 of 3,640

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That much I understand but does the s = short hand for something.  Like i = improved.  Or maybe it means nothing, just something to differ with 325i.  It just feels like 325is the s should mean something.

Grado upgraded their whole product line to the "i" versions when 325 already had "i" attached to it, "s" was added to show that improvement have been made to the model. I think"s" means "special edition"
Please check Zanth's interview with John Grado thread about that.

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #2,220 of 3,640

Quote:

I see what you're saying.  Sort of like how BMW vehicle models are identified. You have your 1,3,5,6,7, M series, which each subsequent number or letter representing the type of engine, chassis, or other special feature.  Let's take a the BMW 325i for example.  The model number breaks down like this:

325i
3 = 3 series
25 = 2.5 liter
i = in-line 

or 325cic
c = coupe
i = in-line
c = convertable

Anyway, to answer your question, I would send an email to Grado directly and ask what the "s" designation means.  They are very responsive and have always answers my inquiries in a timely manner.  I'm curious to know too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back