The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #2,030 of 3,640

Quote:
It's not uncommon that the lettering will start to fade after a while...just handle it with care.

Actually, I think it is rather uncommon -- at least in the above case, which appears to be far more severe than simple "fading" over time. I suspect that most of us would go nuts if we ever saw that on any of our prized headphones. Although your "handle with care" advice, of course, goes without saying, the horse appears to be out of the barn on this one. It almost looks as if it were left out in the backyard for a couple weeks. Obviously just my opinion based on one photo, which may or may not present the condition accurately.

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #2,031 of 3,640

Headphones are used exclusively at home, according to distributor RMA is not possible ...but I'm 100% sure that I am not responsible for headphones condition.Color changes to dust and falls off  

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #2,032 of 3,640

Quote:

Headphones are used exclusively at home, according to distributor RMA is not possible ...but I'm 100% sure that I am not responsible for headphones condition.Color changes to dust and falls off  

Did they come in like that new?
If so, it's bad.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #2,034 of 3,640
With normal useage, meaning that if you touch the letterings from time to time, they will fade. 
I wouldn't worried about that too much.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #2,035 of 3,640
My 325i does the exact same thing. Only mine are 3 years old. I think you should complain about it directly to Grado. This is not good after only 4 months use and shows the bad product quality often seen from Grado.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #2,036 of 3,640
I've had mine for about 3 years too. I meant the lettering on the L/R blocks fade commonly over time if touched often. The lettering on my outer cups are still in tact except for one side which was due to my fault. For 4 months, that does not appear to be normal if used exclusively in the household. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2,040 of 3,640
I do have a black one. The one in the picture is actually a dark brown color which you can't really tell unless in direct light. I also had a camel one that I used for the RS1i that I've now sold. I think the black one matches the goldie Magnum the best though. Dark brown might match better if you have the silver SR325is'. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back