The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Aug 26, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #1,997 of 3,640

Thank you very much ! i am so glad that you like my fotos
Thank you very much ! i am so glad that you like my fotos
Thank you very much ! i am so glad that you like my foto. I totaly fall in love with these headphones.

Nice smile : 
o2smile.gif
.:)
I totaly fall in love with these headphones.

I totaly fall in love with these headphones.

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #2,001 of 3,640
I feel like I am hearing some songs for the first time.  I notice details in songs that I never heard before.  I just need a better source.  I am using an iPad, and I have to turn it up quite a bit.  I am currently trying to decide which amp/dac to buy.  Since my wallet is a little light right now, I am looking at the FiiO e7.  That should give the 325's a little bump!

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #2,002 of 3,640

Quote:
I feel like I am hearing some songs for the first time.  I notice details in songs that I never heard before.  I just need a better source.  I am using an iPad, and I have to turn it up quite a bit.  I am currently trying to decide which amp/dac to buy.  Since my wallet is a little light right now, I am looking at the FiiO e7.  That should give the 325's a little bump!

Hmm.... to be honest - forget about the FiiO. I had the e3, e5 and heard e7 and if I was you I would rather go with no amp than use those for the SR325. Save the money and maybe in the future you can save up for an iQube - which is excellent with SR325 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #2,005 of 3,640
If you want to pay the extra price the iBasso D10 is a great choice. With the right OPamps it can sound great with SR325. Earlier in this thread we discussed the D10 and we found a great OPamp setup for the best SR325-synergy. I might be able to find it if you like. The stock OPamp setting has a thin veil in the sound in SR325. But it is not present when using other OPamps. The OPamp options is also what makes the D10 a great choice. 

What is the price of FiiO e7 by the way - I only heard it at a meet?? It might be good value for the money if it is cheap? 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #2,007 of 3,640

Quote:
FiiO e7 cost here(slovakia) 80€ and for that price is good :)

OK - that is a great price. For that matter I did not want to discourage you to buy it. :)
I just say that SR325 is a High End headphone and they do sound better when using a good amplifier. But listening to FiiO e7 at a meet it did not impress me. I thought the fairly easy driven SR325 sounds great directly from an iPod and I would rather live without amp. Using the DAC you will get much better result from a D10 - which also provides optical, coax and USB. 

The FiiO e3 and e5 I bought but ended up never using them - in fact I gave them away at the meet. So the bottom line is if you want my recommendation (I guess that is why we have a forum like this) I will not hesitate recommending the iBasso D10 or maybe D4. Enjoy the music 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #2,009 of 3,640
Too bad about the SQ of the E7, it has a nice feature set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back