The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #1,681 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by St3ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a little dot I+ with mine, and it made a big difference compared to the headphone out of my dac (apogee duet). Clarity, detail and warmth were hugely improved for me. The I+ allows for lots of tweaking of sound too via tube/opamp rolling. There is a very informative thread about tube/opamp rolling the I+, and some tubes really warm up the detailed sound of the 325is. A worthy purchase in my opinion, but it also depends on what you feed it - what is your source?

Interesting, sounds like I'll def be making a purchase for the I+ ... I am using my computer at work as the source.. My old headphones were Bose QC3 and after a year and a half they've developed this horrible crackling noise and i have to constantly play with the cans to get it to go away (they're not blown). Also the cheap ass thin wiring that goes into the can is severing and the copper wires are fraying, YAY for overpriced crap, oh well. Live and learn.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,682 of 3,640
I have been doing some more breaking in of my new SR325is. I have been running my CD player on repeat with both a CD from a Tower of Power related band, the Strokeland Superband (includes some guests and former members such as Lenny Pickett and Huey Lewis) called "Kick it UP a Step!" as well as "How the West Was Won", an album from the Prague Philharmonic of Western themes. I have been doing this over the last 48 hours.

I have noticed that the top end continues to relax, an area where I really wanted the headphones to improve. I am hearing more of the burnished aspects to brass, rather than the top metal aspect to the notes dominating. There is a passage where a trumpet and a flute are in unison, and again, where the metal aspect to their notes almost blurred the two instruments, they are now occurring as distinct instruments in the hall.

I would encourage those who feel that the top end is too shrill or bright to use some dynamic, well-recorded big band or brass heavy music, and/or dynamic orchestral music with a lot of top end to burn in the headphones. Put the music on your CD player and set to play continuously for a couple of days, and then relisten to the same music after that period.
dt880smile.png

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #1,684 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where to find my serial number on the new SR325is,I have looked on the black plastic.

On the box.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #1,686 of 3,640
You can also find it underneath the cushions - handengraved into the metal.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #1,687 of 3,640
Quote:

Would that be the number written on the back of the box with a pen.

It would be.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #1,688 of 3,640
Finally,finally ,got my pair,yipee.

My registration number is

Kunal Raiker #1580

The story started with me browsing the internet on ther weekend getting bored.
I thought to search for headphones and grado came up, hmm.

I said to myself no harm in giving the store a call to get some details, what I asked them was- do you have any nice headphones for about $100.00 mind you this audiophile store is in Melbourne so the price for SR 80i was $150.00, they straight said, if you want something decent you have to get SR 80i.

That began the quest, after spending millions of hours here on head-fi and buying all the gear listed in my signature after this phone call to the audiophile store,I finally got the headphones yesterday-the ones that this whole story started with,anyway the reason for this long delay in getting these beauties was cause I had to get my cousin buy them for me from US and he came down under recently,so now is when I layed my hands on them.Ok quickly time for some pictures.

IMG00177-20100116-1718.jpg

IMG00176-20100116-1717.jpg

IMG00174-20100116-1717.jpg

I have put only about 7 hours on them yet, so no listening impressions to post, but sounds way different then my Sennheiser's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #1,689 of 3,640
They are beautiful indeed! And welcome in the club. I am sure your iBasso D4 will be great with the SR325is.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #1,691 of 3,640
I have been listening to them for a while this morning, obviously they sound excellent as known, but right now listening to a Mike Oldfield track, I really know this one as I used to loop this cd a lot on my speaker system.

what to say, there is so much more detail in this track, amazing amount of soundstage, so clean detail, the instruments are separate.

the guitar sound as someone is playing it next to my ear,you can almost feel the guitar, the sudden treble gives you the high shrills.

I will have to agree that you need really nice tracks to actually enjoy what these headphones are capable of.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #1,692 of 3,640
It has been a week now, and I can say that haven't been able to do justice to them,had guests visiting ,would be rude siting home with headphone.

My wife watched a movie yesterday afternoon while I was asleep,she said the Grados were really awesome with movies too.
I'am glad she enjoyed them connected straight to my Onkyo receiver.

I'am listening to Queen's Greatest Hits right now,heard the track-We will rock you, a million times through college and everything, but I never knew that the starting beat is really a lot of people clapping their hands.
These headphone have scary clarity
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #1,693 of 3,640
Quote:

These headphone have scary clarity
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed. Mids detail like crazy. Congrats on a fine purchase. Reminds me of when mine were new...not out of the box yet.

2663733480044175878S425x425Q85.jpg

beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #1,694 of 3,640
I was feeling since my Grado number is 1580 and not in 5000's and 6000's ,why is that the case.

Also I haven't been added, can the owner of the thread please to the list on the first page can the owner of the thread please do the honors
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #1,695 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Mids detail like crazy. Congrats on a fine purchase. Reminds me of when mine were new...not out of the box yet.

2663733480044175878S425x425Q85.jpg

beerchug.gif

Mate I'am a little confused from your post, are those the goldies, and why haven't you unpacked them or is that a pic from an earlier date when you got them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back