The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
May 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #1,231 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by aysabtu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've now bought a Firestone LCiii tube headamp. Now they're playing music

how does it sound with a LCiii, cause i was thinking of picking one up and trying out a pair of 325is

May 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #1,232 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by rRav3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does it sound with a LCiii, cause i was thinking of picking one up and trying out a pair of 325is

Much more musical and engaging. The DAC1 w/the Grados was quick at inducing listening fatigue. Using a minimalistic preamp in between for selecting input, I can now change between feeding the LCiii with the analogue outputs of a SD Transporter or the outputs of an DAC AH (with the 150 ohms + passive mods). Right now I'm listening to the newly released Ani Difranco bootleg #11 with the latter source
happy_face1.gif
. In the future I'm probably using the Grados for more than late-evening listening.

May 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #1,235 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i run my grado's through a Little Dot MKIII. it's 1/2 the price of the LC3.

dam now i have another one to look into ... you seem to be answering all my q's at the mo

May 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #1,236 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i run my grado's through a Little Dot MKIII. it's 1/2 the price of the LC3.

Me too - it sounds really nice, especially with some upgraded driver tubes!

May 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #1,237 of 3,640
Just joining in - I recently added the 325is to my collection (#898) and remain incredibly impressed and thrilled at my choice. I have HD595s and although I have not listed to them since I expect I will enjoy each as a compliment to each other. I have about 50 hours on these and really was and am impressed with their detail. A lot of the advice indicated to me that the 225s would be a better choice (people said the 325s featured screaming highs) but ultimately when I found a shop and spent a good hour listening to each...well, my ears didn't lie. I love these cans and can't wait for the time each day where I can really listen to them.

May 23, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #1,238 of 3,640
I just got mine. The serial number is 6361. It is not brand new but the seller said there was only 1 hour on it.

I have not received my amp yet. But just plugged into iPod classic or iMac, it already sounds awesome. I have not noticed any "screaming highs", but did notice sometimes the highs are not quite smooth. I assume it will improve after burn-in.

May 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #1,240 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by phytonix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not noticed any "screaming highs", but did notice sometimes the highs are not quite smooth. I assume it will improve after burn-in.

In my case, it was amping that fixed that right up
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #1,241 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my case, it was amping that fixed that right up
biggrin.gif

x2. With proper amping (a good source and good cables don't hurt, either), the extended highs from the 325i can be silky, transparent and incredibly detailed.

May 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,242 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. With proper amping (a good source and good cables don't hurt, either), the extended highs from the 325i can be silky, transparent and incredibly detailed.

x2 on the source. These can be picky phones.
o2smile.gif

May 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #1,244 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am dropping out of the owner's club as my SR325is headphones are now up for sale. I just upgraded to the RS1s.

i suggest you give the 325i's a little more time. a lot of it has to do with proper amping to take away the shrillness and screeching highs. you should also try the hd414 pads. i like my 325i's as much as i do with the rs1's. it may not be as refined but it does provide a different flavor.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back