The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 6, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #1,082 of 3,640
my box still had the grado sr40's listed as "available".

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #1,083 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooohhh a club... can i join?
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc1811.jpg

My pair definitely don't look as shiny as yours. They have this 'waterspot' look as well... not very happy here seeing the quality in the finish jump like this on a pair of CND$375 headphones.

Maybe it's just the camera/light/angle but the pads look darker also.

Mar 6, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #1,084 of 3,640
I have the gold ones. This is my second or third pair. I should have never sold them. These, along with the hd600 are the best bargains in the hobby imo.

Anyone know where I can get the vwap pads(yellow sennheiser pads)? I had them a long, long time ago. The bowls sound great, but they drive my ears f'ing crazy after an hour.

*edit* nevermind, ordered them from sennheiser. Didn't know they still made the hd414.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #1,085 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by cscott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My box had the 's'.

I think they started to but i saw pictures of the boxes of other models without the 's' during their stealth transition.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #1,087 of 3,640
never tried the pico or ray samuels. i have a C&C XO though from headb.com and they sounded pretty good running from my ipod. very detailed but a little edgy. but that's probably because of my source.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #1,088 of 3,640
Hi All,

I've just joined the thread. I am very new to this hobby also, and going by the amount of support for the Grado sr325i phones here, I am glad I chose them. Mine are the silver version and came in an sr325i box with no 's' at the end. The serial number#457 on the back of the box and etched the base of the bowls plastic ring. I've been listening to them for only 5 hours, and am starting to appreciating the amount of detail in both the bass, mids, highs especially for some of the Dire Straits songs. Mind you, this is my first audiophile headphone, so not much comparison to go by other than a massive jump from what I am used to listening to (muffled bass and never detailed enough for mids and highs). Although, I am happy with my phones, I do find the quality of workmanship of the parts a little unfinished to say the least. One of the bowl pads on my phones is also warped, which is a big deal, but will try and get the pads replaced as it doesn't fit perfectly. I am also awaiting a headamp pico amplifier to use alongside the sr325i. I haven't seen much talk of portable amplifiers used with these headphones and was wondering if anyone has tried the pico or the ray samuels amplifiers with positive results.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #1,089 of 3,640
I wouldn't worry about the warped pads. They tend to remember the last position they were in, but give it some time and it'll return to its normal shape. It always happens to me when I store them, the cable ends up making an indent in the pad but returns later on.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #1,091 of 3,640
I've owned the 325i's for about 3-4 months now and as much as I love them I can't help but feel that I have horrible timing and should have waited until the upgraded versions came out. Of course how was I to know? Last week my new headphone amp arrived (Firestone Cute Beyond with Supplier power supply) and I was so jazzed and there I was listening to my new setup and reading online stuff about my headphones and there it was.....Grado has upgraded the 325i and several other models. What a buzz kill! My new combo of Grado 325i and Cute Beyond sounds wonderful to me but it still stings a bit to know that my model headphone has been replaced/upgraded just a few months after buying it.
The gentleman at Goodcans.com was telling me that the G-Cush (pads for the GS1000) makes the 325i sound great with a larger sound.... I was worried that they wouldn't sound as full). Have many of you tried the larger G-Cush pads with the 325i's? I tried finding an answer to this with the search function but without much luck....I've seen the pads called so many things that maybe I didn't put in the most common name for them. I would greatly appreciate your feedback if you have tried them with the bigger pads.
Man I hate this time change!

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #1,093 of 3,640
i have the most shakiest hands (and the worst battery munching camera) in the world. plus a horribly dark room (had to edit the exposure in photoshop for the first one)

hate photos...

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #1,094 of 3,640
SR325is #568 checking in!
L3000.gif

These are by far the best cans I've ever heard. Yes, they're even much better than my SR225, which are some really awesome cans...and they absolutely trounce my HD595.

They sound SO good that I'm building a new system around them. I've got a Little Dot I+ on the way, and I've also got a purchase in the works for a Keces DA-151 Mk2 DAC.

This new system is going to sound SWEET!
beyersmile.png

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #1,095 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SR325is #568 checking in!
L3000.gif

These are by far the best cans I've ever heard. Yes, they're even much better than my SR225, which are some really awesome cans...and they absolutely trounce my HD595.

They sound SO good that I'm building a new system around them. I've got a Little Dot I+ on the way, and I've also got a purchase in the works for a Keces DA-151 Mk2 DAC.

This new system is going to sound SWEET!
beyersmile.png

Ooh nice.. I very much like the synergy between the 325i's and LDI+. If you use the stock tubes, i'd recommend a rather transparent source. If you're getting some Sylvania Gold 408A's for them, a more "analogue" sounding cdp or a dac might be worth looking into..

I just love the synergy between LDI+ with LT1364/Sylvania Goldbrand 408A's fed from JVC XL-Z411, and the sr325i's.. Ooh.. The cdp lacks a little detail but sounds very much like you were listening to vinyl. Not very flat either but it's just sweet to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back