The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 29, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #646 of 3,640
After much consideration - I think I might keep them after all.
Nothing does old school metallica like these cans
biggrin.gif

Comfort? -Bah!

Apr 30, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #647 of 3,640
Finally it arrived, number 7624! I'm extremely amazed at these babies. The sound quality is just perfect (imho) and the big surprise was that they are rather comfortable to wear
biggrin.gif
I must have a small head (its slightly bigger than a peanut), the bowls feel fine, and I don't have to adjust the headband, they don't fall off
biggrin.gif
Offcourse now the burn in begins. Pink noise @ night, good music during the day!

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #648 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the big surprise was that they are rather comfortable to wear
biggrin.gif
I must have a small head (its slightly bigger than a peanut), the bowls feel fine, and I don't have to adjust the headband, they don't fall off
biggrin.gif
Offcourse now the burn in begins.

I know, that was my biggest surprise when I got mine. Can't believe why everyone keep complaining about bad comfort. I usually take them off because my ears get sweaty, but I can wear them for hours.

May 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #650 of 3,640
My first pair of Grado's, and probably my first real audiophile pair of headphones.

SR325i #5689

I don't have the adapter yet so I can't listen, but I was wondering if it mattered much whether I got the Grado adapter (with the 8" cable for dissipation of the load) or just another high quality adapter. Any thoughts?

My first pair of headphones that blew me away were my Sony MDR-7506 (years ago in college), and now I am ready to take the next step!

May 4, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #651 of 3,640
That shouldn't matter. Congratulations everybody on some of the best headphones ever. I'm thinking of woodying my 325i's (Welcome to HeadCoverage.com!). There is currently a thread going on about woodying grados, and it seems to really make the sound better, just a suggestion, I don't have experience myself yet. Enjoy your Grados!

May 9, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #653 of 3,640
Congrats!

May 11, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #654 of 3,640
Now why'd u have to bathe your 325i, adanac? Tsk tsk tsk
Congrats to all the new owners.
I've been enjoying these for quite some time now but sadly, the right channel is cutting out on me, I think it's that grado Y-split problem. It still works with some fussing around with the cable.
Anyways, I'm hoping that next week the RS2 I bought arrives. Then I'll be comparing the two.
And so I've come to ask, should I send my 325i for recabling? If yes, where (headphile, APS)? Or just fix the stock cable?

May 23, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #657 of 3,640
Tell me your experiences, I was blown away when I listened to some Creedence Clearwater Revival on these.

May 23, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #658 of 3,640
Just picked up a pair of 325i's - wow, what a terrific sound. I disagree with those who believe the 225s offer more, having recently owned a pair of 225s. The 325i's are clearly superior.

One question - I'm currently using my Cambridge Azur 540A for output, which in turn is hooked up to a modded (high quality opamps) Auzentech Prelude. Would you say this is adequate, or would I benefit from a headphone amp?

I'd really like to mod my Cambridge Azur, but don't have the technical knowhow (or a sufficiently steady hand!).

May 23, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #660 of 3,640
Yeah alot of people prefer tubes with them, I haven't tried them with my LD amp yet, but will do so tonight. I also have woodencups coming my way, should be here next week or something
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back