The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jun 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #3,286 of 3,640
Grats!!!

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,287 of 3,640
325is. #1241

Welcome to the club...

Just as a piece of advice...don't sell your pair...you will regret it later...
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #3,288 of 3,640
Listening to the 325is on my new Lyr 2 headphone amp. Can't get past the Goldberg Variations at the moment, though I plan on playing some rock soon. The Lyr2 was delivered to work, and I did give Heart's Dreamboat Annie a listen, along with the new LZ on my work setup. 

Came close to buy some RS1s that are sitting at an audio store just a block away from work, must resist the urge. Frankly, I don't know if I want to replace these headphones, i enjoy them so much.  Anyone have the RS1s as well as the 325is?

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,289 of 3,640
  Listening to the 325is on my new Lyr 2 headphone amp. Can't get past the Goldberg Variations at the moment, though I plan on playing some rock soon. The Lyr2 was delivered to work, and I did give Heart's Dreamboat Annie a listen, along with the new LZ on my work setup. 

Came close to buy some RS1s that are sitting at an audio store just a block away from work, must resist the urge. Frankly, I don't know if I want to replace these headphones, i enjoy them so much.  Anyone have the RS1s as well as the 325is?

Congratulations on the new amp.
I own both the 325is/RS1i's, and they are both excellent headphones IMO.
Can't tell you they're better than the 325is, because you ears are different than mine, but I can say the RS1i' get way more head time than the 325is's. They both have their own great sound!
But being that you are right down the block from them, I  would at listen to them if I had the chance and see from there if you prefer them over the 325is while you have the opportunity. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3,290 of 3,640
  Never sell the 325s... You'll just wind up rebuying them some months later. I'm on my 4th pair. 
biggrin.gif

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but after selling my pair to fund an HE500, I think I miss them more than I missed the HE500.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #3,292 of 3,640
Agree, one of my drivers died in my old 325's 2 weeks ago and I've just quickly snapped up some late 125's cheap but I miss my 325's with anything a little heavy. My skull seems to thank me for wearing lighter can's though!

I'm going to try putting the 125 drivers in the old gold cups and see if there's any difference, started to prep the cups with a de-button and a new coat of mesh paint this weekend. Fingers crossed I get some of that mid range back - If not its some magnums or if I come into some money some RS1's - Heard them at the NZ meet and was really shocked by how good they sounded to me.

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #3,294 of 3,640
I bought a pair of almost new SR325is about a month ago, mostly out of curiosity. The seller claimed the cans had only a couple of hours on them, and I have no reason to think otherwise. Sadly these are not the new e version.

I wanted to hear for myself what was the bright and the infamous piercing treble everybody seems to hate, but I have failed to find it yet. What I've found so far is a sweet; very sweet reproduction of female vocals (Diana Krall, Rebecca Pidgeon, Norah Jones, Heart, Tarja Turunen, etc), lifelike guitars and drums, and pretty much the best classic rock cans I've ever had.

These are definitely keepers! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway; just checking in, and waiting for impressions on the SR325e.
S/N: 17413
Amp used: JDS Labs 02 (1x gain setting) 

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,295 of 3,640
  I bought a pair of almost new SR325is about a month ago, mostly out of curiosity. The seller claimed the cans had only a couple of hours on them, and I have no reason to think otherwise. Sadly these are not the new e version.

I wanted to hear for myself what was the bright and the infamous piercing treble everybody seems to hate, but I have failed to find it yet. What I've found so far is a sweet; very sweet reproduction of female vocals (Diana Krall, Rebecca Pidgeon, Norah Jones, Heart, Tarja Turunen, etc), lifelike guitars and drums, and pretty much the best classic rock cans I've ever had.

These are definitely keepers! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway; just checking in, and waiting for impressions on the SR325e.
S/N: 17413
Amp used: JDS Labs 02 (1x gain setting) 

Congrats and yeah....the 325 is an incredible headphone.

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #3,298 of 3,640
Agree, one of my drivers died in my old 325's 2 weeks ago and I've just quickly snapped up some late 125's cheap but I miss my 325's with anything a little heavy. My skull seems to thank me for wearing lighter can's

Send them to Grado for repair. Had same with a pair of SR 80's recently. 2 weeks later back from Grado better than new

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back