The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 23, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #3,121 of 3,640
Nice, you'll save yourself a few dollars. I'm not surprised that they don't sound too bright, you may have gotten a pair like I have, which are not bright/harsh in anyway what so ever, which is really nice, especially if you want to turn up the volume a bit more, this is the reason I will never part with my 325is's, they have a very overall balanced tone to them compared to the rest of my Grados, and I enjoy all their differences. Enjoy!
No they ain't overly bright. They are really forward specially the mids but I like that. The guitars sound great. Sure there has been a couple tunes a little brightish..but think it's just the recording or download..they sound really ballanced and pretty detailed specially for the price of these. You can't go wrong..I was worried about my amp but it drives them beautifully and with ease..

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #3,122 of 3,640
No they ain't overly bright. They are really forward specially the mids but I like that. The guitars sound great. Sure there has been a couple tunes a little brightish..but think it's just the recording or download..they sound really ballanced and pretty detailed specially for the price of these. You can't go wrong..I was worried about my amp but it drives them beautifully and with ease..

I agree with what you say about the recordings, some can be bright, but otherwise these headphones are not bright IMO. Also forgot to mention before, out of all my Grados these are the heaviest and IMO the most comfortable. I know this sounds strange but...

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #3,123 of 3,640
I agree with what you say about the recordings, some can be bright, but otherwise these headphones are not bright IMO. Also forgot to mention before, out of all my Grados these are the heaviest and IMO the most comfortable. I know this sounds strange but...

I don't think that sounds strange. They are very heavy and Grado is not known for comfort. There are a few tweaks you can do to help with this however: gently bending the headband, and softening the L Kush pads overtime certainly makes them easier on the ears.

Tonight's setup includes my 325is. LD1+ with newly installed OPA2227 and Voskhods. Pink Floyd never sounded more pink!

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3,124 of 3,640
I don't think that sounds strange. They are very heavy and Grado is not known for comfort. There are a few tweaks you can do to help with this however: gently bending the headband, and softening the L Kush pads overtime certainly makes them easier on the ears.

Tonight's setup includes my 325is. LD1+ with newly installed OPA2227 and Voskhods. Pink Floyd never sounded more pink!

Yes I know, I was saying that even though they are the heaviest (besides the PS1K) they are the most comfortable out of all of my Grados. Enjoy!

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #3,125 of 3,640
  Yes I know, I was saying that even though they are the heaviest (besides the PS1K) they are the most comfortable out of all of my Grados. Enjoy!

Well, I'm a few beers in so my reading comprehension isn't top notch anymore!

Ha, and you too!

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,126 of 3,640
  Well, I'm a few beers in so my reading comprehension isn't top notch anymore!

Ha, and you too!

beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #3,127 of 3,640

I've settled on the exact same combination as my favourite with the 325is :)

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #3,128 of 3,640
  serial # 15743  .. ok im now a grado fan.lol these are great holy crap  lol the detail is remarkable on these,,only been listening for a hour or so,,gotta a feeling i might be up pretty late tonight lol i was thinking my amp..continental v3 was going to be too bright,,but turns out it makes these sound really remarkable actually,,im very happy with this combo,,like everyone has said these aint overly comfy but really i dont find them that bad,,,absoulutly loving dream theatre through these :)

That is great, that you won't have to invest in an amp.

The only comfort issues I ever had finally went away after washing the pads.

I think you are gonna be very happy with the 325.....just put on the music, smile and enjoy it.

One of the best things about Grado headphones for me is that I never analyze the music, I just enjoy the music.   

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #3,129 of 3,640
That is great, that you won't have to invest in an amp.

The only comfort issues I ever had finally went away after washing the pads.

I think you are gonna be very happy with the 325.....just put on the music, smile and enjoy it.

One of the best things about Grado headphones for me is that I never analyze the music, I just enjoy the music.   
Thanks. :) and your rite about they never analyze the music. Cause pretty much everything sounds good with them ..

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,133 of 3,640
  Nice! 

This evening it's Miles Davis and Biggie Smalls FTW!

Agree with that, jazz is really really good on the 325's. All you hear is what great rock headphones they are but IMO they sound great on everything except large classical recordings, but they even sound good on small (quartet sized) classical. I have found that the harshness is ALWAYS the source, they never sound that way on a good recording. Least mine don't, and ditto with my 225i's too.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #3,134 of 3,640

Agree with that, jazz is really really good on the 325's. All you hear is what great rock headphones they are but IMO they sound great on everything except large classical recordings, but they even sound good on small (quartet sized) classical. I have found that the harshness is ALWAYS the source, they never sound that way on a good recording. Least mine don't, and ditto with my 225i's too.

My 325is's don't sound harsh in anyway at all either, and are awesome with jazz!

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #3,135 of 3,640
My 325is's don't sound harsh in anyway at all either, and are awesome with jazz!

Agreed with both. Does the 325 exude energy? Yes, plenty, but is it harsh and unlistenable? No at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back