The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Nov 22, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #316 of 752
I just got my new turntable today 
biggrin.gif
 and it is working pretty fine with the e9, but I seriously hope that the e9 came with a source switch between usb and line in. 
Does anybody have a way around this without unplugging cables all the time.
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #317 of 752
The line-in jack in the back of the E9 has a hardware switch built into it that overrides the USB input. So unfortunately there is no easy work around.  That would be a great feature request.

Jack

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #318 of 752
Well a few people might see if they can "fix" that themselves (I might, really. It'd be a fun weekend project, especially as I was planning on adding a turntable to my setup)

Quote:
The line-in jack in the back of the E9 has a hardware switch built into it that overrides the USB input. So unfortunately there is no easy work around.  That would be a great feature request.

Jack

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #319 of 752
Quick question. I'm in the market for a DAC and amp. I see the E9 has a USB input, however is it still just a headphone amp and no DAC? Would I need the E7 to complete the DAC&amp combo? Thanks

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #320 of 752

Yes, the E9 is simply a headphone amp.  If you want the dac/amp combo then you would need an E7 (or other DAC) in addition to the E9.
Quote:
Quick question. I'm in the market for a DAC and amp. I see the E9 has a USB input, however is it still just a headphone amp and no DAC? Would I need the E7 to complete the DAC&amp combo? Thanks

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #321 of 752

Thanks. I just have one more quick question because I'm a little confused. I was looking at pictures of the E7 and I see that the USB port is on the bottom where it can dock into the E9. So how does the E7 DAC get connected to a laptop via USB if it's docked to the E9? 
Quote:
Yes, the E9 is simply a headphone amp.  If you want the dac/amp combo then you would need an E7 (or other DAC) in addition to the E9.
Quote:

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #322 of 752
Quote:
Thanks. I just have one more quick question because I'm a little confused. I was looking at pictures of the E7 and I see that the USB port is on the bottom where it can dock into the E9. So how does the E7 DAC get connected to a laptop via USB if it's docked to the E9?

The E9's dock is connected to the USB port in the back.

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #325 of 752
biggrin.gif

I started new Facebook Fan page for E9 look for it and press Like

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #326 of 752
I think you'll like the pairing with the K501

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #327 of 752
Hi all, from what I've read the E9/7 will be great for my music and HD650s, but I was wondering how viable the E7&9 combo would be for some movies and some light gaming? My Xonar STX just stopped working, so I'll need a replacement if I can't get it repaired. Since I have two computers and an Ipod, the ability to use the E7 with my 2nd computer and Ipod is quite useful and nice. I'd say my usage is about 60% music/25% movies/15% games. The STX worked well.. but I figured I might as well try something new if I have to replace. Thanks!

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #328 of 752
The E7/E9 works fine for gaming/movies. If your soundcard just died, the E7 will take over with no issues, though you won't get that virtual surround that your soundcard is acapable of.

BTW guys:

Finally got that Rubbermaid hose hook stand. :wink:

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #330 of 752
Yeah. Whenever I game (usually on Mon-Tue), I take my E9 to the gaming area, and do this....

Mixamp---> 3.5mm cable ---> E9's Line In ---> DT990

Works like a charm.

I'd buy a second power plug for my E9 for when I move them from my computer desk to my TV area.

James or Jack, do you guys sell the power cable alone? I'm interested in a spare. That or I'd just get one on my own, though I wanna make sure it's safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back