The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Dec 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #2,431 of 2,481
Ola, as the Explorer does not have access to the Google Play store, you will need to "side load", aka update yourself, any new app updates. Luckily, we have a nice page setup on our website with all of the files you will need :)

https://echoboxaudio.com/pages/downloads

On that link, you will find the .APK update files for USB Audio Player Pro and TIDAL, as well as an official software update for the Explorer.

In order to install the .APK files, simply download them to your computer, connect your Explorer to your computer, "drag and drop" the files to the "downloads" folder of the Explorer, then locate them on the Explorer itself and click to open & install. If you have any questions, contact us at support@eboxaudio.com

For the software update file, there is a complete set of instructions listed on the site.

This software update should help take care of a good amount of your "click" noises, however there will still be a "click" when you change tracks. This is caused by a physical relay switch within the Explorer communicating between the DAC and AMP chipsets, and is perfectly normal :)

Hi. I was going to buy today Explorer, but reading this makes me feel very uncomfortable ! I have few daps in my possession an none of them produce any "click" while changing tracks, I am not sure how perfectly normal that thing is.

cheers

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #2,432 of 2,481
Not sure if it's been posted before, but I found some screen protectors that fit the Explorer almost perfectly. I found that the screen scratches fairly easily and has no or minimal oleophobic coating. You will need to trim the corners on these protectors, but It's $1.80 for 10 and they have a much slicker feel. You can have a look at the listing here, I ordered the 4" clear model. And here's a photo of the protector installed on the player:

fpfUYON.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG9378~2.jpg
    IMAG9378~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,433 of 2,481
Hi. Can anyone compare with Cowon Plenue P1 please?

I'm very close to click BYU )) It has almost everything I miss in P1: power, line out, streaming capabilities.
The only concern here is quality - P1 made in Korea and it is a superb quality player without bugs.

One more question.
How does Tidal work in this DAP? Directly goes through the DAC bypassing Android? No?

P.S. Order was placed))

P.P.S. DHL Express have problems with shipping to Russia((
Checking with EB if they can ship with USPS.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,437 of 2,481
DEALER ANNOUNCEMENT:

Jason Lord & The Source AV Design Group in Southern California are no longer an authorized dealer of Echobox Products. Any product purchased from Jason or The Source will not be serviced with a warranty, and should be purchased at your own risk. For any questions, please contact support@eboxaudio.com

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #2,440 of 2,481
Hi guys! Was somebody able to use buttons on any wired headset for start/pause function? It's working with wireless one, but non of wired. Tried every android software for that worth absolutely no luck. It's it hardware flaw?

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #2,443 of 2,481
Good morning,

I hope someone can help me. When I try to play 24-bit “Studio” wave files, I keep getting a message that says ALSA (or ASLA, I’m away from my Explorer right now) Failed. I have rebooted my Explorer several times, but nothing has worked. Is there an alternative to the Uapp that comes with the Explorer? I have tried to go to the Downloads page on the new Echobox Audio website, but the link is still for the old echobox.com site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #2,444 of 2,481
Sorry, can't help you with your issue, but honestly the reliability of the Explorer is on the whole pretty terrible. Mine has been sat on my desk doing nothing for 12 months as I've all but given up on it. If my unit is typical, it really wasn't/isn't a viable product imho. A pity, because it actually sounds pretty good.

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #2,445 of 2,481
Good morning,

I hope someone can help me. When I try to play 24-bit “Studio” wave files, I keep getting a message that says ALSA (or ASLA, I’m away from my Explorer right now) Failed. I have rebooted my Explorer several times, but nothing has worked. Is there an alternative to the Uapp that comes with the Explorer? I have tried to go to the Downloads page on the new Echobox Audio website, but the link is still for the old echobox.com site.

Thanks in advance for your help.
You can install any player via apk, as alternative. I would recommend HibyMusic - it gave me best sound and best usage experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back