The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Dec 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #751 of 2,481
@Gilly87
 I do not like your tone, because to me it sounds often arrogant and in a few cases maybe even insulting. However, I must say the product looks promising.
I am in dubio whether to pledge for the Explorer or not because on one side, the specifications look good. On the other side, I have not seen any (detailed) impressions of third parties, even if it's 'just' a pre-production model. As you said yourself before: the implementation of the components is what makes a DAP good or... less good.

If you happen to have an old, buggy pre-production model lying around that can give me an impression of the sound quality, and if I'm impressed, I might get the real deal and write a review here on Head-fi.

Hi there, nice to meet you...?

As a company rep, I'm not allowed to give impressions of my own product, per Head-Fi rules (probably a good rule, too).

I've offered a local LA Head-Fier an extended audition, but he hasn't picked up his sample yet. If I don't hear something from him, I may open up the offer to any LA/SoCal Head-Fier who has a good trading record and a few written reviews :)

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #752 of 2,481
  Fair enough. I honestly don't expect it to happen.

As for quotes to support my opinion, I'll have a look again and update this comment later on.

I know that's not very realistic. I am not involved enough in the community for my message to have any importance.

#1 - you need to read up on and understand the whole Kickstarter value proposition
#2 - clearly they have a style more akin to Schiit than A&K which will not be to everyone's taste
#3 - You are coming across as the very thing you're accusing them of, rude (and passive aggressive, see #4)
#4 - They seem quite responsive to all inquires of substance regardless of poster's ''status''

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #753 of 2,481
Yeah, ok What? Where did that come come? Pot calling the kettle black there.

This isn't the product you are looking for. Move along, move along.

Sweet we made it to the first stretch GOAL!!!

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #754 of 2,481
  #1 - you need to read up on and understand the whole Kickstarter value proposition
#2 - clearly they have a style more akin to Schiit than A&K which will not be to everyone's taste
#3 - You are coming across as the very thing you're accusing them of, rude (and passive aggressive, see #4)
#4 - They seem quite responsive to all inquires of substance regardless of poster's ''status''

Looking back at my own comment, I must agree with you. I think I just got out of bed on the wrong side today. It's very true they have been very responsive and that they do make changes to comply to the wishes of their (potential) clients.

After reading a few pages, I made my own image of one person working on this project, but it is not something I should have presented in such a way. It's also not relevant to the topic here. Excuse me for unnecessarily bringing up this personal view. 

Quote:

Hi there, nice to meet you...?

As a company rep, I'm not allowed to give impressions of my own product, per Head-Fi rules (probably a good rule, too).

I've offered a local LA Head-Fier an extended audition, but he hasn't picked up his sample yet. If I don't hear something from him, I may open up the offer to any LA/SoCal Head-Fier who has a good trading record and a few written reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

Hello Gilly87,
As you might have read above, I realize my previous comments were unnecessary and unfriendly. Excuse me for this. Thank you for your polite reply despite my arrogant tone.
I look forward to any reviews on this product.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #755 of 2,481
  Hello Gilly87,
As you might have read above, I realize my previous comments were unnecessary and unfriendly. Excuse me for this. Thank you for your polite reply despite my arrogant tone.
I look forward to any reviews on this product.

+1 Sending some coffee and comfy slippers your way (seriously though kudos for addressing, that takes character)
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #757 of 2,481
WOW, your comments earlier REALLY surprised and puzzled me Beyakusenn, as my impression of George has always been diametrically opposed to the opinion you posted.

I'm glad you apologised, it's never easy to do so , but it definitely helps preserve a good atmosphere.

BTW, I can't offer detailed impressions of the Explorer as I've only heard it at Canjam, which is obviously time limited (and noisy), but what I heard impressed me.
I listened via Echobox's own Senn' HD 600's, and my own CIEM's and both were driven with authority (I'm a bit of a borderline basshead, so this matters to me quite a lot), but exhibited nicely detailed higher frequencies too.
Mids were nicely presented, and not recessed (which I look out for, as I also really enjoy rich but clear voice presentation).
I can't wait to try the Explorer with planar's, as I suspect this might be a great combo' (and I really like planars!).
My main use will be on the move with my CIEM's though, so I was especially happy that they seemed to get on well together.
The Explorer felt very good in the hand, partially because of the wood body, but also because it was smaller than I was expecting.
The volume knob was great, nice positive detents, my only criticism was that there weren't quite enough volume steps to allow truly fine control, but this has apparently been addressed.
The power button being on top of the volume knob keeps things minimal on the button count too, and feels positive and very intuitive (once you know where it is!)
Sorry I can't offer a more detailed account yet, but rest assured that as soon as I get mine and have had a proper listen, I'll be back here to let people know what I think :)

The dock looks awesome, and is a welcome surprise.
I'm hoping that Echobox are considering fancy custom wood model options as a stretch goal, the indigogo offer is so good that I feel I can afford to spend some more to go REALLY high end! (I must confess that the options already offered are really nice though).

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #758 of 2,481
+1 Sending some coffee and comfy slippers your way (seriously though kudos for addressing, that takes character)
beerchug.gif

Thank you for the message. I shouldn't have made the initial comment anyway, so recognizing my mistakes and apologizing is the only right thing to do.

No sweat dude - these things happen 
etysmile.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what made me post such shortsighted and misplaced remarks. All that's left is to learn from my mistakes.

WOW, your comments earlier REALLY surprised and puzzled me Beyakusenn, as my impression of George has always been diametrically opposed to the opinion you posted.

I'm glad you apologised, it's never easy to do so , but it definitely helps preserve a good atmosphere.

BTW, I can't offer detailed impressions of the Explorer as I've only heard it at Canjam, which is obviously time limited (and noisy), but what I heard impressed me.
I listened via Echobox's own Senn' HD 600's, and my own CIEM's and both were driven with authority (I'm a bit of a borderline basshead, so this matters to me quite a lot), but exhibited nicely detailed higher frequencies too.
Mids were nicely presented, and not recessed (which I look out for, as I also really enjoy rich but clear voice presentation).
I can't wait to try the Explorer with planar's, as I suspect this might be a great combo' (and I really like planars!).
My main use will be on the move with my CIEM's though, so I was especially happy that they seemed to get on well together.
The Explorer felt very good in the hand, partially because of the wood body, but also because it was smaller than I was expecting.
The volume knob was great, nice positive detents, my only criticism was that there weren't quite enough volume steps to allow truly fine control, but this has apparently been addressed.
The power button being on top of the volume knob keeps things minimal on the button count too, and feels positive and very intuitive (once you know where it is!)
Sorry I can't offer a more detailed account yet, but rest assured that as soon as I get mine and have had a proper listen, I'll be back here to let people know what I think :)

The dock looks awesome, and is a welcome surprise.
I'm hoping that Echobox are considering fancy custom wood model options as a stretch goal, the indigogo offer is so good that I feel I can afford to spend some more to go REALLY high end! (I must confess that the options already offered are really nice though).

Thanks for your early impressions. I'll take them into consideration.
The size factor was something I was a bit worried about. I don't like portable devices to be bulky. It's usability with CIEMs is also something I was interested about.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #762 of 2,481

Well a friend of mine and I are going, it would be good to have a listen to the Explorer and meet you all!

I've heard it's a pretty sweet show. It'll be a pretty busy time for us, so I'll be there if I can, but can't make promises...#startuplife

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #763 of 2,481
@Beyakusenn Sam said the approximate size is 4.5 inches tall, 2 inches wide and 1 inch deep.

@Gilly87 come for CanJam Singapore ^_^ by the way, if I backed the $299 package as a backer out of the States/Canada will I receive the Finders by 21 Dec or Jan?

I'm really happy with how the campaign has been run so far, the team is enthusiastic, helpful and all-round awesome. I was wary about crowdfunding but the team gives me good vibes with the way they've gone all out to interact with their backers and answer all our questions. Can't wait for my Finder & Explorer! Hope people snap up all of the remaining limited packages soon, they deserve it 100%.

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #764 of 2,481
@Beyakusenn
 Sam said the approximate size is [COLOR=444444]4.5 inches tall, 2 inches wide and 1 inch deep.[/COLOR]

@Gilly87
 come for CanJam Singapore ^_^ by the way, if I backed the $299 package as a backer out of the States/Canada will I receive the Finders by 21 Dec or Jan?

I'm really happy with how the campaign has been run so far, the team is enthusiastic, helpful and all-round awesome. I was wary about crowdfunding but the team gives me good vibes with the way they've gone all out to interact with their backers and answer all our questions. Can't wait for my Finder & Explorer! Hope people snap up all of the remaining limited packages soon, they deserve it 100%.

I agree it has been a great campaign and really well handled. They have obviously taken what posters have said here very seriously and catered for their needs. What else could we ask for.

Very impressive.

Hopefully I wil get a chance to sa.e the player in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back