The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Nov 20, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #739 of 2,481
Are there any full tech specs for these?

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #740 of 2,481
Just got on board with this campaign having backed the Explorer and I wish Echobox the best of luck with it.  Just wondering if you guys are planning on releasing a dock with usb or spdif out at some point?  I'm hoping to use the device as both portable and a source for a 2nd headphone system outputting to an offboard dac/amp.  Cheers.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #741 of 2,481
Are there any full tech specs for these?

Ask and ye shall reveive!

Explorer

Audio

DAC: Texas Instruments Burr Brown PCM 1792 - 24/192k capable, All PCM formats; native DSD support (in progress)
Power: Texas Instruments TPA6120A2 - 300mW/channel @ 32 ohms
Output Impedance: <1 Ohm @ 16 Ohms
Outputs: 3.5mm stereo, Coaxial

Nuts n Bolts

Processor: Rockchip RK3188 Quad Core Processor @ 1.6 gHz
Ram: 2GB DDR3
Memory: 64GB Internal, microSD slot
Battery: 3700 mAh Lithium-Ion
Screen: 3.5” LCD, 720p
Construction - Genuine wood (Maple, Mahogany, or Black Walnut); Machined Aluminum
Connectivity: MicroUSB, WiFi, Bluetooth, DLNA

Finder

Housings: Solid Titanium
Drivers: 9.2mm PEEK (polyether ether ketone) Dynamic Driver
Cable: SPC (Silver-plated copper)
Cable Style: Down or Over-Ear
Cable Length: 1.2m
Impedance: 22 Ohms
Sensitivity: 96dB/mW
Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 35 kHz
THD: <1%
Plug: 3.5mm stereo, Gold-plated
Accessories: Filter Tuning System (3 Tunings); S/M/L Silicone Tips, Double and Triple Flange Silicone Tips, Comply T400 Isolation Series Tips, Carry Case, Cable Cinch

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #743 of 2,481
Hi folks,

I just pledged to the $329 (player+headphones) deal based on the plug in Digital Audio Review..A bit bummed I couldn't choose the $249 with 6 months Tidal and $79 for the headphones together on a pledge, and then  Indiegogo double charged me for my initial pledge and I have to wait a few days for a refund..anyhow....I'll make do with 3 months Tidal FWIW..

A question, how do we choose what type of wood finish we want?

Look forward to 'hearing' and seeing my unit March 2016!

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #744 of 2,481
Hi folks,

I just pledged to the $329 (player+headphones) deal based on the plug in Digital Audio Review..A bit bummed I couldn't choose the $249 with 6 months Tidal and $79 for the headphones together on a pledge, and then  Indiegogo double charged me for my initial pledge and I have to wait a few days for a refund..anyhow....I'll make do with 3 months Tidal FWIW..

A question, how do we choose what type of wood finish we want?

Look forward to 'hearing' and seeing my unit March 2016!

They will be sending a survey out nearer the time to select the wood type. And where did you see March ? I thought it was April...

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #746 of 2,481
@Gilly87 I do not like your tone, because to me it sounds often arrogant and in a few cases maybe even insulting. However, I must say the product looks promising.
I am in dubio whether to pledge for the Explorer or not because on one side, the specifications look good. On the other side, I have not seen any (detailed) impressions of third parties, even if it's 'just' a pre-production model. As you said yourself before: the implementation of the components is what makes a DAP good or... less good.

If you happen to have an old, buggy pre-production model lying around that can give me an impression of the sound quality, and if I'm impressed, I might get the real deal and write a review here on Head-fi.

[EDIT]
Don't mind this comment. I was in a bad mood.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #747 of 2,481
  @Gilly87 I do not like your tone, because to me it sounds often arrogant and in a few cases maybe even insulting. However, I must say the product looks promising.
I am in dubio whether to pledge for the Explorer or not because on one side, the specifications look good. On the other side, I have not seen any (detailed) impressions of third parties, even if it's 'just' a pre-production model. As you said yourself before: the implementation of the components is what makes a DAP good or... less good.

If you happen to have an old, buggy pre-production model lying around that can give me an impression of the sound quality, and if I'm impressed, I might get the real deal and write a review here on Head-fi.

>.<
?
Examples where he sound arrogant or insulting pls.
There aren't any "detailed' impressions because it's not even released yet.
You also haven't written any other reviews on head-fi yet, so I don't see that happening.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #748 of 2,481

I'm quite sure they are just falling all over themselves to take advantage of your generous offer
rolleyes.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #749 of 2,481
Well I have taken the plunge and gone for both the explorer and the finder.

I for one really appreciate the updates and the interaction, it shows the company cares what it's potential customers think and want.

The fact that the additional storage issue has been addressed is testimony to what I just mentioned and is the reason I have backed the campaign. The streaming is of no real interest to me.

I already own a FIIO X5 and a Cayin N5 because I have a very large library of music and I travel around a lot. I am also pretty anal about taking it all with me just in case I want to listen to a particular track at a particular moment. So that extra is of great benefit to me.

I think the unit looks awesome and I like the wood finish.

From what I have been reading, it is also going to sound good too.

Looking forward to receiving it
And I am also glad that some of the money is being donated to the Seattle Music Partnership which is a great cause.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #750 of 2,481
  >.<
?
Examples where he sound arrogant or insulting pls.
There aren't any "detailed' impressions because it's not even released yet.
You also haven't written any other reviews on head-fi yet, so I don't see that happening.

Fair enough. I honestly don't expect it to happen.

As for quotes to support my opinion, I'll have a look again and update this comment later on.

I'm quite sure they are just falling all over themselves to take advantage of your generous offer
rolleyes.gif

I know that's not very realistic. I am not involved enough in the community for my message to have any importance.

[EDIT]
Not worth the reader's time either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back