The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #721 of 2,481

Good,great and fantastic!

Looking forward to see what you all have cooked up guys! I couldn't resist after the comments on the Finder and the prices on Indiegogo! Best of luck with the campaign.

Thanks dude! I really appreciate your support :)  Working for an audio company has been a dream for me since I started getting into audio gear here on Head-Fi five years ago, and you and everyone else who has contributed are LITERALLY making my dreams come true!

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #723 of 2,481
So does this unit have bass boost? What will be the retail after the campaign is over?

Are you asking about the Finder or Explorer?

The Finder is a v-shaped sound, so I guess it has a bit of a bass boost, but it's not huge.

The Explorer does not have a hardware bass boost, but there is an EQ built into our UI.

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #724 of 2,481

Let me ask you this: was the Geek Wave campaign run by a 5-year Head-Fier who has a long history of giving good advice, writing informative reviews, and being a reliable trader?

Might sound cheesy, but that's who I am. I've never let a single trade go bad, and whenever anyone has been less than happy with my trades, I've made it right - you can ask anyone who's ever bought from or sold to me whether I'm good for my word, and they'll all tell you the same thing. And beyond what you can see here on the forums, I've got people who come to me via PM or email regularly for purchase advice on headphones and other tech gear, and I give my knowledge freely it because I'm passionate about finding stuff that works, and supporting companies that are doing good things and making good products.

The same thing that kept me honest and loyal in my trades is still at play here: my career and reputation, and my desire to make good gear. I can't recall ever seeing the founder of Light Harmonic out and about, but me, I don't hide behind my computer screen - I've been at almost every single CanJam this year, even London! If you're on the west coast, you can come see me at CES or SoCal. I've also had a long history of being VERY real about gear and my opinion of it - I actually got banned for going ape**** on an IEM company and putting them on blast publicly a few years back because they were making stuff of absolutely despicable quality and selling it for multiple hundreds of dollars as a high-end product. Ask anyone on Head-Fi who knows me, and they will tell you I don't deal in bullsh*t.

I'm involved and invested in Head-Fi as a community, and if anything gets screwed up in this campaign, it all falls back on me, and this is the one shot I have at making it in this industry; I don't have tons of money or connections in high places to fall back on. My ENTIRE reputation in the industry hinges on this campaign. For me, this campaign is do or die. If I screw something up or don't make this work, I either go back to working for T-Mobile in sales, or, if I'm lucky, become a grunt at some other startup. I don't have an exit strategy or backup plan - this is it right here.

I am all in on Echobox and the Explorer. So I don't plan on letting ANYTHING go sour, even if I have to fly to China for a month to oversee production.

It's up to you who you trust with your money, but compared to any other crowdfunded audio product out there, I'd say I'm the strong bet 
cool.gif

Sorry, meant absolutely no offense, the GW fiasco had pretty much put me completely off crowdfunding. My comment should have been I expect to have better luck with Echobox than with LH, I did not mean to put you on the same boat with LH. Again apologies!

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #725 of 2,481
  Sorry, meant absolutely no offense, the GW fiasco had pretty much put me completely off crowdfunding. My comment should have been I expect to have better luck with Echobox than with LH, I did not mean to put you on the same boat with LH. Again apologies!

No dude no worries at all! I'm sorry if that came off as defensive 
confused.gif
frown.gif
 The internet has a weird way of disconnecting what we say from how we say it...

It's actually something I've been wanting to get off my chest - I actually tried everything I could to not have to crowdfund the Explorer, because I feel like crowdfunding has gotten such a bad rep in the audio world, but it's become clear within the last few months that we really had to make a move soon. We've been pushing production back, trying to make things work with as few people as possible to avoid expenses, but lawyers and accountants and consultants and all the other back-end parts of getting a company off the ground are devouring our budget faster than we can keep up, and we have to make a push now to really make it happen at the scale we want to see it happen at. I think I could find the funding, but I don't want to go giving chunks of our company away to random people who want a piece of our action - we have a really awesome team and I want to make this work with our vision in tact. I also know people have been trying our gear at shows and some people are really excited to see our stuff, and I want them to be able to get our gear without lose enthusiasm or forgetting who we are.

Totally didn't take it personally dude :) You don't know me, I don't know you - but I want to get to know the whole community here even more than I already have, because I want people who care about the quality of the things they buy to feel like they can reach me, and trust that they're getting what they're paying for. I've been on the other side of that equation, and I know how much it sucks to feel powerless the second I fork over my money for an expensive piece of gear that is so important to me.

I don't want people to have that feeling - that's a big part of why I got into this business! I love audio, but I also think companies in general need to step our game up when it comes to listening to customers - both about the products they want, and how they feel when they get them.

I'm going to be here, and my other guys on the team have signed up and are getting familiar with the place - we plan on using Head-Fi as a really key way of interacting with our customers, because doing everything on a community level is just so much more personal, and in the long run so much more effective, when it comes to genuinely trying to make the products that people really want. and making sure they are happy with it.

I started here, and I'm staying here! Head-Fi forever 
cool.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #727 of 2,481
Are you asking about the Finder or Explorer?

The Finder is a v-shaped sound, so I guess it has a bit of a bass boost, but it's not huge.

The Explorer does not have a hardware bass boost, but there is an EQ built into our UI.

Thanks a lot. I was asking about the explore. Also what is the MSRP of the Explorer after the campaign going to be? The campaign lists no MSRP. If my item doest sell in time( 30 days) I will literally miss the campaign and want this item really bad. So I wanna know how much I may lose out if I miss it.
The featured campaign is 299 for first edition Explorer and finder.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #729 of 2,481
Thanks a lot. I was asking about the explore. Also what is the MSRP of the Explorer after the campaign going to be? The campaign lists no MSRP. If my item doest sell in time( 30 days) I will literally miss the campaign and want this item really bad. So I wanna know how much I may lose out if I miss it.
The featured campaign is 299 for first edition Explorer and finder.

MSRP for the Explorer will be $449 or $499 depending on how well the campaign goes - if we really start to move volume to the point where we can support the lower margins at $449, that's what I want to see.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #730 of 2,481
  MSRP for the Explorer will be $449 or $499 depending on how well the campaign goes - if we really start to move volume to the point where we can support the lower margins at $449, that's what I want to see.

Thanks for the response!

shucks I missed the 299 for dap and finder. 
frown.gif
 oh well. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #732 of 2,481
  Thanks for the response!

shucks I missed the 299 for dap and finder. 
frown.gif
 oh well. 

Hey $369 is still pretty legit for a $500 DAP and $200 earphones, plus $60 of free TIDAL - less than half price! O_O

...and a free T-shirt...and extra perks too if we hit our stretch goals, which we have yet to reveal... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #734 of 2,481
I couldn't resist the $299 package! 
Gill, I'm so glad you guys put out the campaign at this time. I almost backed the Seiun, but was waiting because I had doubts...
But when Echobox's came up, I ditched that immediately and grabbed the Explorer + Finder.
Looking forward to great things from this ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back