The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #706 of 2,481
Is this the larger-screened variant? And do you have run times to go with that 3700 mAh battery rating? (Of course, you already have my pledge, but still...) I think people would probably like knowing how long the Explorer can play from internal media, and also from streaming (I assume the latter is somewhat shorter). 

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #707 of 2,481
  Is this the larger-screened variant? And do you have run times to go with that 3700 mAh battery rating? (Of course, you already have my pledge, but still...) I think people would probably like knowing how long the Explorer can play from internal media, and also from streaming (I assume the latter is somewhat shorter). 

For sure!

This is the larger, 3.5 inch screen variant.

For 3700 mAh, you'll get 6-8 hours streaming, and roughly 12 hours of local playback.

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #708 of 2,481
Well they were on our site, but we took them down to dedicate the page to our IGG campaign.

Here's the basic rundown:

DAC: TI Burr Brown PCM1792, 24/192k capable on all PCM formats (DSD 256/512 support will come in a firmware update early next year)
Power: 300mW/channel @ 32ohms
Battery: 3700 mAh
OS: Stock Android 4.2 with optional custom audio-centric UI
Storage: 64GB Onboard w/ mSD up to 128GB

Construction is all genuine, solid hardwood (mahogany, black walnut, and maple) and machined aluminum.

Anything else you care to know - just ask! ^_^

Cool man, thanks for all your help!

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #710 of 2,481

Well they were on our site, but we took them down to dedicate the page to our IGG campaign.

Here's the basic rundown:

DAC: TI Burr Brown PCM1792, 24/192k capable on all PCM formats (DSD 256/512 support will come in a firmware update early next year)
Power: 300mW/channel @ 32ohms
Battery: 3700 mAh
OS: Stock Android 4.2 with optional custom audio-centric UI
Storage: 64GB Onboard w/ mSD up to 128GB

Construction is all genuine, solid hardwood (mahogany, black walnut, and maple) and machined aluminum.

Anything else you care to know - just ask! ^_^

Hi! If its possible, could you disclose the specs regarding the SoC and RAM?

Cheers,
Tobias

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #713 of 2,481
Hi George, some questions for you if you don't mind!

Does the Echobox have line out? will we be able to install alternative streaming services apart from Tidal? And most importantly will we get to choose the type of wood for the Explorer??:p

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #715 of 2,481
  Well I have backed an explorer and a finder .... hopefully I will have better luck with this Indigogo than with the Geek Wave one...

Exactly the same Feelings and thoughts...

I do not believe that the fiasco with the Geek Verb can be repeated by someone who acts carefully - still I do hope that Echoboy have made their homework on both products well enough!

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #716 of 2,481
  I am def needing to sell something to get in on this. 

What is the difference between first edition explorer and regular explorer ?

Custom engraving!! You can get your initials or signature, or, possibly, a picture - we're still working that out though x_x

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #717 of 2,481
Hi George, some questions for you if you don't mind!

Does the Echobox have line out? will we be able to install alternative streaming services apart from Tidal? And most importantly will we get to choose the type of wood for the Explorer??
tongue.gif

Yes! It's got a coaxial out.

It comes preinstalled with TIDAL, Spotify, and Pandora. You can install any Android-compatible streaming service if you are using it as a stock Android device, but it won't integrate with the player's UI.

Three options for the wood - Black Walnut (dark-chocoately brown), Maple (very light creamy yellow-brown), and, my favorite, Mahogany (deep red/brown). When we're ready to start production, we'll send out a form so you can choose your grain. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #718 of 2,481
  Exactly the same Feelings and thoughts...

I do not believe that the fiasco with the Geek Verb can be repeated by someone who acts carefully - still I do hope that Echoboy have made their homework on both products well enough!

Absolutely! We've had our suppliers locked in for months, and already have a fulfillment chain in place. As long as our suppliers and OEMs deliver as promised (which I have ensured personally as much as humanly possible without moving to Shenzhen), and nothing burns to the ground, everything with be on schedule!

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #719 of 2,481
  Well I have backed an explorer and a finder .... hopefully I will have better luck with this Indigogo than with the Geek Wave one...

Let me ask you this: was the Geek Wave campaign run by a 5-year Head-Fier who has a long history of giving good advice, writing informative reviews, and being a reliable trader?

Might sound cheesy, but that's who I am. I've never let a single trade go bad, and whenever anyone has been less than happy with my trades, I've made it right - you can ask anyone who's ever bought from or sold to me whether I'm good for my word, and they'll all tell you the same thing. And beyond what you can see here on the forums, I've got people who come to me via PM or email regularly for purchase advice on headphones and other tech gear, and I give my knowledge freely it because I'm passionate about finding stuff that works, and supporting companies that are doing good things and making good products.

The same thing that kept me honest and loyal in my trades is still at play here: my career and reputation, and my desire to make good gear. I can't recall ever seeing the founder of Light Harmonic out and about, but me, I don't hide behind my computer screen - I've been at almost every single CanJam this year, even London! If you're on the west coast, you can come see me at CES or SoCal. I've also had a long history of being VERY real about gear and my opinion of it - I actually got banned for going ape**** on an IEM company and putting them on blast publicly a few years back because they were making stuff of absolutely despicable quality and selling it for multiple hundreds of dollars as a high-end product. Ask anyone on Head-Fi who knows me, and they will tell you I don't deal in bullsh*t.

I'm involved and invested in Head-Fi as a community, and if anything gets screwed up in this campaign, it all falls back on me, and this is the one shot I have at making it in this industry; I don't have tons of money or connections in high places to fall back on. My ENTIRE reputation in the industry hinges on this campaign. For me, this campaign is do or die. If I screw something up or don't make this work, I either go back to working for T-Mobile in sales, or, if I'm lucky, become a grunt at some other startup. I don't have an exit strategy or backup plan - this is it right here.

I am all in on Echobox and the Explorer. So I don't plan on letting ANYTHING go sour, even if I have to fly to China for a month to oversee production.

It's up to you who you trust with your money, but compared to any other crowdfunded audio product out there, I'd say I'm the strong bet 
cool.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #720 of 2,481

Yes! It's got a coaxial out.

It comes preinstalled with TIDAL, Spotify, and Pandora. You can install any Android-compatible streaming service if you are using it as a stock Android device, but it won't integrate with the player's UI.

Three options for the wood - Black Walnut (dark-chocoately brown), Maple (very light creamy yellow-brown), and, my favorite, Mahogany (deep red/brown). When we're ready to start production, we'll send out a form so you can choose your grain. 
biggrin.gif

Good,great and fantastic!

Looking forward to see what you all have cooked up guys! I couldn't resist after the comments on the Finder and the prices on Indiegogo! Best of luck with the campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back