The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Oct 13, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #676 of 2,481
  That's good news
smile.gif

What would the steps on the (small screen) one I heard at Canjam London have been?

4 dB, I believe.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #678 of 2,481
4 dB, I believe.

In that case 2db per step sounds very promising.

Regarding the shape, if you look back at the early posts in this thread you'll see that I was very sceptical about the flask design, and advised against it.
The concepr seemed slightly tacky to me.

Having seen the revised model in the flesh, with the wood shell, I'm a lot more positive about the design, and 'in hand' it doesn't look or feel as though it's trying to ape a hip flask.
More like it has simply concieved to be more pocket friendly.
The engraved wood is VERY nice, and the volume knob is a real pleasure to use (and it sounds as though my criticism of the coarse steps has been addressed).
My overall impression of the DAP was a classy piece of kit, not the Harley Davidson belt buckle school of design which I feared.

My favourite DAP's (looks wise anyway) are the iBasso ones.
I like the 'pro-sumer' look they manage.
But the Explorer now ranks right up there with them IMO.
Certainly much better than many others, even summit-fi DAPS like the AK's of this world (sorry, but the 240 especially is ugly in extremis, even if it sounds wonderful).

I now hope more DAP's appear with unusual designs and materials.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #686 of 2,481
Hey guys. For the past few days our team have been working around the clock here in Los Angeles on our indiegogo campaign. We should know the exact lunch date in a a few days. So stay in tune. As you all know our titanium housing ear buds are very study, some might even say they are indestructible. So we did a LA traffic experiment, we taped the Finder X1 on the street and have it run over by multiple cars, include a UPS truck and a police car. Enjoy! If you have any question feel free to leave comment below and be sure to subscribe to our channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4c_MarYFk

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #689 of 2,481
  Hey guys. For the past few days our team have been working around the clock here in Los Angeles on our indiegogo campaign. We should know the exact lunch date in a a few days. So stay in tune. As you all know our titanium housing ear buds are very study, some might even say they are indestructible. So we did a LA traffic experiment, we taped the Finder X1 on the street and have it run over by multiple cars, include a UPS truck and a police car. Enjoy! If you have any question feel free to leave comment below and be sure to subscribe to our channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4c_MarYFk

Will there be any reviews by reputable IEM reviewers before the Indiegogo campaign? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back