The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Sep 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #661 of 2,481
I think it's more likely that the Explorer is aimed at people (like me) who want to use streaming services AND local storage together.
I currently use Spotify, Tidal and a micro sd card in my phone to satisfy my needs, but audio quality is somewhat lacking in comparison to a dedicated DAP.

Devices that offer all of the above are like rocking horse sh1t, so I definitely welcome the Explorer and any other kit which shares its bag of tricks.

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #662 of 2,481
Nope. We added the SD slot (one of my top priorities on joining the company, which you'll see if you read back in the thread), and are in no way financially tied to TIDAL.

If that was the goal, and we had that kind of backing, we would've just passed on the SD and added a wireless radio - would've made a lot more sense, no? :wink:

Ah, this device looks like it's aimed at selling Tidal. Now the initial resistance to expandable storage and inexplicable talking-up of streaming as though it's the future of music makes sense!

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #664 of 2,481
Hi!

Are you guys going to be attending the upcoming Autumn Tokyo Headphone Festival? The Finder X1 had stuck to mind ever since I first tried them and I can't wait them to give them another go.

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #665 of 2,481
  Hi!

Are you guys going to be attending the upcoming Autumn Tokyo Headphone Festival? The Finder X1 had stuck to mind ever since I first tried them and I can't wait them to give them another go.

Yeah! We'll be at Fujiya Avic next month, as well as E-Earphones' event in December ^_^

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #668 of 2,481
Wishing I was going doesn't count does it
frown.gif
?

You're probably mad busy with travel plans now.....but.... how're the launch plans holding up?

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #673 of 2,481
Looking like Explorer will probably drop in January. It's a hell of a season for manufacturing, as I'm sure you can imagine -___-;

Well, I reckon my cellphone & DAC/AMP will serve until then :)
Good luck with the manufacturing.
I've been experimenting with TIDAL since just before Canjam London, and am really quite impressed with the sound quality (especially though the 'big rig' at home), but I'm still struggling to get successful results using Soundiiz (beta) to transfer my playlists over from Spotify.
It doesn't seem to like my 3000 track 'favourites' playlist :frowning2:
I'll keep working on it though.

I'm keen to hear what RMAF attendees thought of the Explorer DAP (which I heard in London)

I'm wondering if others were as pleasently surprised as I was by the sound.

I did find the slightly limited volume detents denied me the very fine control which I prefer, are there any plans to offer finer control on production models? ( not a deal breaker for me by any means, but it would be nice).
I did love the look and feel of the knob though.

So, who's heard any Echobox gear at RMAF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back