The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 1, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #23,176 of 23,560
I have the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR Standard on my U12T ...and I think they provide the perfect seal and optimal sound staging, bass, mids, and treble. Being that the Volur has the same physical shape ...I would think you could give them a try on Amazon.
I use the SednaEarfit Max Standard on the U12T and they are indeed excellent. But whoa... what is up with this ASMR version? Have you compared them to the Standard non-ASMR version? I haven't seen them before, perhaps they are new? It looks like the part that covers the stem on the earpiece is black and perhaps fewer, but larger, holes in the filter? In any case I'll be at e-earphone today and if it's open and they're in stock, may have to pick them up. Very interesting.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #23,177 of 23,560
does anyone have any recommendation on eartips for Volur?
I favorite is the stock wide-bore silicone ear tips for comfort (no pressure on my ear canal and even a shallow fit can achieve great seal). The sound also seems more "direct". Maybe because it's flush the nozzle so the sound doesn't change as much compared to other ear tips that protrude a bit beyond the nozzle (even a millimeter).

I also like the Acoustune AET07. Comfort is also good, but there's a slight outward pressure on my ear canal. The treble is smoother and soundstage a bit wider compared to the stock wide-bore silicone.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #23,178 of 23,560
I favorite is the stock wide-bore silicone ear tips for comfort (no pressure on my ear canal and even a shallow fit can achieve great seal). The sound also seems more "direct". Maybe because it's flush the nozzle so the sound doesn't change as much compared to other ear tips that protrude a bit beyond the nozzle (even a millimeter).

I also like the Acoustune AET07. Comfort is also good, but there's a slight outward pressure on my ear canal. The treble is smoother and soundstage a bit wider compared to the stock wide-bore silicone.

After some extensive tip rolling, I also ended up with Acoustune AET07, the main difference with other contenders being the highs were ever so slightly smoother.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #23,179 of 23,560
Hey @mattv and @64Audio

I have sent 2 emails to support@64audio.com
The first one on December 29th, 2023 and a follow up email, explaining my issue further, on December 31st, 2023.

The issue with my Volür is that the left channel plays louder than the right channel. I have tested this with Audio tests and with music, with the stock cable and tips and other cables and other tips. I am now certain that there is an issue with my pair.

When should I expect a response?

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #23,180 of 23,560
Hey @mattv and @64Audio

The first one on December 29th, 2023 and a follow up email, explaining my issue further, on December 31st, 2023.

The issue with my Volür is that the left channel plays louder than the right channel. I have tested this with Audio tests and with music, with the stock cable and tips and other cables and other tips. I am now certain that there is an issue with my pair.

I would assume today. It was a long holiday weekend. Offices were closed.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #23,181 of 23,560
Hey @mattv and @64Audio

Have you also contacted the dealer? I think you only got these a week or so ago, hopefully they will just exchange them for a new pair.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #23,182 of 23,560
Have you also contacted the dealer? I think you only got these a week or so ago, hopefully they will just exchange them for a new pair.
No, I have not contacted https://www.hifonix.co.uk/ yet. I am waiting for an official response from the manufacturer. Besides, it was Holiday in the UK, too.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #23,183 of 23,560
Hey @mattv and @64Audio

Hi Nick, we did have a holiday this weekend where the whole building was at home with their families and offices were closed. We should be getting back to folks today. Can you dm us with your email address so we can search for your email quicker.

One thing to note, since we respond oldest-to-newest, if you send a follow-up email within the same thread it bumps you up in the cue and will likely delay a response even further.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jan 2, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #23,184 of 23,560
Hi Nick, we did have a holiday this weekend where the whole building was at home with their families and offices were closed. We should be getting back to folks today. Can you dm us with your email address so we can search for your email quicker.

One thing to note, since we respond oldest-to-newest, if you send a follow-up email within the same thread it bumps you up in the cue and will likely delay a response even further.
Hello, thank you for your reply.

I've just sent you a private message.

I do not know your processes and I cannot know the real issue with my Volür but I'd like to let you know that the best and most convenient outcome for me would be to receive a brand new Volür from Hifonix UK, as soon as possible and also, after examining my current set, to update me re: what was the matter, the issue, with it.

Of course, you have your own processes, I am just telling you what I would consider the best outcome.

Thank you

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #23,187 of 23,560
MKBHD gave a shout out to the Volür as one of his top 3 favorite “tech” of 2023 👀
nice. and he named the Pixel 8 as the phone of the year. this guy is really getting his crap together! Good stuff MkBHD!

It really is such a delicious sounding IEM.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #23,188 of 23,560
finally mine arrived! :)
first impression are the bass is really really deep with great punch and enough decay, mids are sweet, treble is well defined but not sharp to me.

IMG_8475.jpeg
Do you feel like they were worth the price? I want these but I just got the Monarch MK3. I'm not sure if I am prepared to spend over twice as much for the Volur..

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #23,189 of 23,560
Do you feel like they were worth the price? I want these but I just got the Monarch MK3. I'm not sure if I am prepared to spend over twice as much for the Volur..

The Monarch Mk III, which I only heard for one day, is a really good kilobuck IEM. As far as sound signature goes, they are in general similar. Obviously there are differences but overall , more similar. It's not like having both really complement each other with two unique signatures. If you could own one, of course the Volur, but if you can't return the Monarch, just enjoy them for a while. They are not twice as good as the Monarch by any means.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #23,190 of 23,560
The Monarch Mk III, which I only heard for one day, is a really good kilobuck IEM. As far as sound signature goes, they are in general similar. Obviously there are differences but overall , more similar. It's not like having both really complement each other with two unique signatures. If you could own one, of course the Volur, but if you can't return the Monarch, just enjoy them for a while. They are not twice as good as the Monarch by any means.
This is good information, thank you. Maybe one day I can sell the Monarch and put the cash towards the Volur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back