The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 20, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #23,117 of 23,721
I end up buying the u18t the price was too good.
I don’t really know what to expect.
I read a lot of negative reviews but still I want to listen myself.
Anybody has experience with the u18t?

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #23,118 of 23,721
Dec 20, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #23,119 of 23,721

Weren't you interested in better bass? I don't think you listened to anyone here :)

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #23,120 of 23,721
i've recently compared the u12ts (with old 64 logo) to the u18ts (with new 64 logo), as i was thinking about getting the 12ts as well.

in the brief comparison, both sets were hooked up to the 12ts' stock cable and fitted with the same eartips. both had the shinny silver m20 modules and i used my sp1000m as source. volume was kept constant throughout and i just looped "i love being here with you" from "diana krall live in paris" a few times.

to my ears, everything coming out from the 18ts sounded closer to the ears with faster speed.

the 12ts, however, projected sound farther out in a more laid back manner. contrary to consensus though, i did not feel that the quantity and quality of the bass from the 12ts were more than those from the 18ts. but the 18ts were indeed a little more detailed.

for live performances, i think i'd prefer the 12ts.

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #23,121 of 23,721
I've just had a very similar experience.
Was saving for the Volurs but came across a pair of preowned u18ts with a price too good to turn down.

Have been using them for 2 weeks and so far its been a great hearing experience.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #23,122 of 23,721
As I mentioned, I found a pre owned U18t in excellent price. I want to try it.
I want to hear how $3000 iem sound
Have you ever try the u18t?

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #23,123 of 23,721
I have the u18t for quite a while now. To my ears its a fairly "technical" IEM meaning that it's more neutral, nuanced, good imaging and honest to the source. If your source has bass and good bass it will give you that. To some it may not be a very 'rich" sounding IEM and if that's the kind of sound signature that attracts you more that the u18t may not be your cup of tea. However when paired with Sony WM1Z and the 1ZM2, such a combination somehow give me "the best of both world" that the u18t refinements then are blended by the "richness" from these 2 DAPs ..

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #23,124 of 23,721
All of our UIEMs should fit into the case with the cable. Just wrap it around your fingers, in the general diameter of the case and it should fit without issue. The lid does go on tight because of the textile material.
Question about the new boom mic. Any idea when it will be back in stock? Also, what is the price? Can't see due to it being sold out. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #23,125 of 23,721
we'll soon start selling them once we're stocked up properly. it sounds great with Nio so keep an eye on the thread we'll update everyone when they're available.

You weren't lyin! Nio and M12 sound awesome together. Sounds cleaner and more open, with the bass barely being affected too(coming from M15). I dig it. Sounds like peak Nio to me.

Attachments

• 20231221_155608.jpg
    20231221_155608.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #23,126 of 23,721
Question about the new boom mic. Any idea when it will be back in stock? Also, what is the price? Can't see due to it being sold out. Thanks!
Thanks for your question. We weren't expecting our entire stock to be scooped up in a single day, glad people are receptive to the concept. We're scrambling to restock so hopefully have more by the new year. Price is $249

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 22, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #23,127 of 23,721
So, I've received the Volür on December 20, said that I should give it at least 7 days to get used to it and try it but there's no need to wait

I am here to say that I am shocked and I will try to describe how I feel...

In the beginning, I've listened to the Volür with the stock cable using the FiiO BTR7, the Qudelix-5K, both of these via LDAC 990/909kbps, and the Mojo 2.
With all of these devices, the sound is stunning, absolutely fabulous, and there's almost no difference in the sound quality between them, something that proves that the Linear Impedance Design (LID) actually works! My personal order preference is BTR7, then Mojo 2 and then the 5K.

This is of very little importance, though, because my Volür will stay permanently attached to my iFi GO Pod, this is the reason I bought it. I am very-very happy to say that there is a perfect synergy between the Volür and the GO Pod! It also fits perfectly inside the case and the fit, on my ears, is excellent! Better than the cable, as the Pods keep them fit in place.

The sound is shockingly fantastic, absolutely marvellous, I have never heard anything like this!! [For the time being], I have the albums shown in the screenshot, saved on my Samsung S23 Ultra and I am listening via UAPP, LDAC 990/909 kbps. All of my music is in WAV.

It is the first time I am hearing my music like this. Details I was not aware they existed. Instruments I had no idea they were placed "there". Bass lines I never knew they existed. Voices in the background I was missing completely! The treble is purely amazing and exactly the way I like it!! The bass.... there are no words to describe the bass... one can only dream of this bass!!! All the voices, male - female, sound completely natural to me.

Today, I was wearing the set while working. I am impressed because with low volume (and Focus Music), I can focus completely on my work but after work, all I have to do is turn up the volume and the Volür becomes alive and super exciting!

Another thing that makes me genuinely happy is how excellent / superb / amazing / fantastic the Volür sounds with YouTube Premium!! This is very important for me because all of my best randomly-generated playlists come from YouTube Premium! It feels exhilarating walking on the streets and listen to that new and amazing song in unparalleled quality!

(I also have Amazon Music Unlimited, and it sounds really nice, but if they won't give bit-perfect on Android 14 next year, I'll terminate the subscription.)

So, those were my impressions. I cannot speak technically or even descriptively in the Audiophile sense. Not a native English speaker, either. For me it is enough what I feel:
I made the absolute best purchase, ever!!! :) :)

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 23, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #23,128 of 23,721
@64Audio I have just DM-ed you, please check your private messages as soon as possible!

Thank you

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #23,129 of 23,721
For the first time I'm listening to the Volur simply off the lighning dongle straight from iPhone, and it's still fabulous.

Definitely hear it more as it measures with a darker/ smooth treble than with my DX320x.

So good for a plug and play!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back