The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #23,102 of 23,560
One of the biggest variables we recommend for people to consider when reading reviews, or even listening for themselves, is how they perceive music at varying volume levels. This factor may play the biggest role of all, more than signal-chain or ear tips. If you're listening level isn't similar to someone else's, you could be hearing a completely different product. Even within your own listening sessions, between genres and recording styles, a simple volume adjustment can make or break the sound of a particular song through whatever devices you're listening with.
This is so important and so true! I often find myself questioning why someone hears an IEM a certain way when I hear it so differently, only to discover our listening volumes are vastly different. An absolutely critical factor in any assessment of any sound description.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #23,103 of 23,560
I just bought a preowned set!
Can’t wait to receive it
I have read some reviews and a lot of them are negative opinions, but still I want to try the u18t.
Anybody try the Fir Atom modules ?

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #23,104 of 23,560
I agree, this can certainly be true. At CanJam I have had some people audition my N8-Traillii rig or N8-Fourte and when they hand it back to me, the volume levels sound like they are in the 90’s and even hitting 100db! I have witnessed this with HP’s as well. This goes back to what Twister said alluding to physical ear differences and some folks may have physical issues.

The other, and very important reason IEM comparisons can be wildly different is that most folks and even many reviewers do not volume match each IEM to the other. When making a comparison review, this is probably the most critical aspect that needs to be done in a comparative review. Even if the comparison is for cables.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #23,105 of 23,560
I am not really talented with photos so decided to approach the problem from the opposite direction. Here is my brand spanking new Volür with my ugly Christmas sweater + Die Hard + Bruce + Astell. Thanks everyone for answering my questions all over the place and thanks to my local dealer too who helped me with things.

bruce.jpg

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #23,106 of 23,560
I am not really talented with photos so decided to approach the problem from the opposite direction. Here is my brand spanking new Volür with my ugly Christmas sweater + Die Hard + Bruce + Astell. Thanks everyone for answering my questions all over the place and thanks to my local dealer too who helped me with things.

bruce.jpg
Merry holidays! Looking forward to hear your impressions and any comparisons!

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #23,107 of 23,560
I went onto Google University last night and played a 16khz, 17khz and 18khz tone. I could easily hear the 16 and 17 and the 18 was starting to get much fainter but definitely could hear it.

I'm 48. I play music loud. Is this a correct way to test your treble sensitivity?

I don't find the Volur treble fatiguing either. But is that the right way to know where my ears are at?

Dec 20, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #23,108 of 23,560
I've received the Volür today

I will listen to them for at least 7 days and then post my impressions.

For now, I just want to say that the driver match on my units is perfect and the fit on my ears is just amazing!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #23,109 of 23,560
finally mine arrived! :)
first impression are the bass is really really deep with great punch and enough decay, mids are sweet, treble is well defined but not sharp to me.
View attachment IMG_8497.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #23,110 of 23,560
I went onto Google University last night and played a 16khz, 17khz and 18khz tone. I could easily hear the 16 and 17 and the 18 was starting to get much fainter but definitely could hear it.

I'm 48. I play music loud. Is this a correct way to test your treble sensitivity?

I don't find the Volur treble fatiguing either. But is that the right way to know where my ears are at?

Well some people (I believe) have more "sensitivity" at certain frequencies. Each person may vary on this. I can hear 18Khz, and never had any problem with Volur upper treble. Something like Tia Fourte with silicone eartips bothered me on treble section though.

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #23,112 of 23,560
finally mine arrived! :)
first impression are the bass is really really deep with great punch and enough decay, mids are sweet, treble is well defined but not sharp to me.

IMG_8475.jpeg
Wow your shells look amazing! Super intricate and colorful.

Enjoy the music :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 20, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #23,113 of 23,560
Guys, quick question about the Volür case: are you placing the stock cable inside there?
I've tried one time but it feels pretty squeezed to me so I've left it outside.

Dec 20, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #23,114 of 23,560
Guys, quick question about the Volür case: are you placing the stock cable inside there?
I've tried one time but it feels pretty squeezed to me so I've left it outside.
All of our UIEMs should fit into the case with the cable. Just wrap it around your fingers, in the general diameter of the case and it should fit without issue. The lid does go on tight because of the textile material.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back