The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 15, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #23,041 of 23,560
I’m looking for a strong bass and not piercing highs.
How are the highs on the u12t?
With the Sure se846 sometimes the highs are very annoying.
The U12t is tough to beat. Some cheaper options that definitely don't sound cheap are Penon 10th Anniversary, which I have, Penon Turbo, and the Penon Quattro. Quattro is evidently pretty awesome

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #23,043 of 23,560
Thanks! I will take a look on the Penon, it looks interesting.
How is the bass and highs on the Quattro?

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #23,044 of 23,560
Please help me choose:
u12t or Neo
Just get the Volür and get a kind of combo of those two but not quite

That was my dilemma

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #23,045 of 23,560
Hello everybody
I have the opportunity to get the u12t.
I have never listened any 64 audio iem
Would the u12t will be a good choice?
I have been hooked to empire ears bravado and Shure se846.
Currently I’m using Cayin n7 and n3pro

I have the U12t & love them. Also demo'd the Nio when I bought them. If bass is what you want, maybe the Nio with the dynamic driver. The bass is nice on the U12t, but if you want low low, you probably want something with a dynamic driver (speaking from my experience with the Odins) and/or bone conduction (if you really love your bass).

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #23,046 of 23,560
Hello everybody
I have the opportunity to get the u12t.
I have never listened any 64 audio iem
Would the u12t will be a good choice?
I have been hooked to empire ears bravado and Shure se846.
Currently I’m using Cayin n7 and n3pro
Can't go wrong with the U12t. It sounds so real. Nothing I have owned beats it yet

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #23,047 of 23,560
Highs never ever bother on the U12t.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #23,048 of 23,560
I love U12t but if you want strong bass and gentler treble, Nio fits best from the 64 Audio portfolio. Possibly N8 too, but that's custom only. Other than Trio, I don't find any 64 IEMs problematic in treble, but many (including U12t and the recent Volür) can push upper treble forward.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #23,049 of 23,560
The thing is I have to choose between the U12t and Nio.
If somebody have listen both maybe can share the experience between this two.
Volür will be maybe my next one.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #23,051 of 23,560
I had the SE845 years ago. IMHO, no comparison. The U12T should sound far superior. It will have tighter bass that is still strong, mids that sound more open and treble that will also sound more open and correct. There is a but though. The SE846 has what I feel is a treble ( or upper mids) that is more veiled and less bright. The 12T is not bright per say, but in comparison to the SE846 it is certainly brighter. If you actually prefer more closed in upper registers, you might take issue with it. Is there anyway you can demo them first just to be sure?

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #23,052 of 23,560
I think U12t is the best. But Neo, U4s, or U6t are also strong options for less money. I have not heard Monarch II or Unique Melody Mest MkII, or Sound Rhyme 8, but they come highly recommended from my friends. Headfi usually has some used ones up for sale. Also look at the BQEYZ Wind. Cheaper and well reviewed. FAudio Spring on Musicteck looks great to me. There are some ideas. The 64 Volur was reported to have terrible treble from my friend who demoed them.

Hope you find what you want. Happy listening! 🎶

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #23,053 of 23,560
Hello all, nice to meet you! :)

I am seriously considering purchasing the 64 Audio Volür and I would like to ask your opinion!

Here are some facts:
- I am listening to Electronica 90% of the time. Trance, Vocal Trance, Techno, Progressive Trance, Downtempo, Jungle, Drum'n'Bass, House etc
- I am planning to use it with the iFi GO Pod almost all of the time! Very rarely I will use it with the rest of the devices, which can be seen in my Signature.
- In my Signature you can also see all of my IEMs, so this is the sound I am currently used to
- I will be listening to my own WAV files via UAPP, to Amazon Music Unlimited and to YouTube Premium from my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra)

Questions:
1. Is it a good idea to purchase the 64 Audio Volür?
2. Is the treble overly bright? Read this review, that's why I'm asking - @vsg28 your opinion, please?
3. I am planning to purchase them from HIFONIX in the UK. Is this a legit and trusted retailer, @64Audio ?
4. Between the 64 Audio Volür, the the FIR Audio Radon 6 and the Custom Art Fibae 7U custom, which one would you choose and why?

Looking forward to your replies, thank you very much! :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #23,054 of 23,560
Hello all, nice to meet you! :)

I am seriously considering purchasing the 64 Audio Volür and I would like to ask your opinion!

Here are some facts:
- I am listening to Electronica 90% of the time. Trance, Vocal Trance, Techno, Progressive Trance, Downtempo, Jungle, Drum'n'Bass, House etc
- I am planning to use it with the iFi GO Pod almost all of the time! Very rarely I will use it with the rest of the devices, which can be seen in my Signature.
- In my Signature you can also see all of my IEMs, so this is the sound I am currently used to
- I will be listening to my own WAV files via UAPP, to Amazon Music Unlimited and to YouTube Premium from my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra)

Questions:
1. Is it a good idea to purchase the 64 Audio Volür?
2. Is the treble overly bright? Read this review, that's why I'm asking - @vsg28 your opinion, please?
3. I am planning to purchase them from HIFONIX in the UK. Is this a legit and trusted retailer, @64Audio ?
4. Between the 64 Audio Volür, the the FIR Audio Radon 6 and the Custom Art Fibae 7U custom, which one would you choose and why?

Looking forward to your replies, thank you very much! :)
I'm not very good at describing sound or making recommendations but can give my answer on some of those:

2. I don't find them bright at all, I'm over 40 and I don't think I can hear the upper treble peak that some people have mentioned or at least I don't notice it as a negative.
3. Yes they are legit and trustworthy, I've bought many things from them including my Volurs and I've visited their physical store - very very well stocked! and very friendly and helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back