The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 2, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #22,996 of 23,560
Fourte OG is my favourite too.

I told myself the volur would be my last purchase, yet last night the u4s came in and it is immensily enjoyable.

Guess there is no such thing as 'this is the last one' in this hobby. Loll
What are the similarities and differences of the Volür and the Fourte?

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #22,998 of 23,560
Guys this is a long shot but is there any custom IEM that sounds like the Tia Fourte? Or is there any chance that 64audio will release the fourte in a CIEM format?

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #22,999 of 23,560
Guys this is a long shot but is there any custom IEM that sounds like the Tia Fourte? Or is there any chance that 64audio will release the fourte in a CIEM format?
64 said the shell plays a huge part in tuning and is essential to creating that spaciness, making a CIEM would affect the sounding significantly hence is unlikely to happen

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #23,001 of 23,560
What are the similarities and differences of the Volür and the Fourte?
fourte has better resolution, W sig sound, the vocal is more forward and clearer with very noticable higher degree of details, textures, etc..

the soundstage is bigger on fourte, but volur is quite close in this regard.

volur has a mild U shape sound, and the bass on volur superb. it is that good. surpassing fourte in quantity and quality. that said, bass on fourte isn't bad at all, it's superb in fact. volur is just better that's all.

fourte, has that special magic sauce in the overall sound sig, that makes it feel so natural and lifelike, i came from home audio 2 channels before entering iem world and i find the fourte close to listening to my old stereo rig. i find fourte matches me best and i think it's a beautifully made/designed iem. i think a lot of people will love fourte(many friends tried mine and love it), but this comes with a caveat, this applies only if it fits one's preference, it will be so unique that no other iem can evoke that enjoyment feeling from fourte. but i also know that there's a lot of others who doesn't like it. that's why the fourte is quite polarizing. just like many of the totl iems out there.

volur, comes close in providing that special enjoyment feeling too. it has that addicting factor which i find very difficult to put down. the bass, the whole sound sig, is quite special. it provides a more fun sound which enjoyable to listen and relax to. it plays everything(genre of music) nicely.

all in all, this is a very subjective opinion, and i'm a big fan for 64audio sound tuning and signature. objectively, maybe they're not the best, perhaps in regards to technicalities, or holography, or etc2 qualities among so many other options out there, and i've been fortunate to tried and owned quite a few others. yet in the end, fourte stays and even though i came close to trading it for other iem, the fourte has always been with me for 3+ years already, while others come and goes. i feel can never find that special feeling fourte provide, not from any other iems. some did came very close, ie: indigo, xe6, rn6. but it is always fourte OG which feels the best and the right choice for me. and this is a combination of a lot of factors, not only sound, such as: sound isolation, comfort(fit), shell material(aluminium), ease to service(customer service), build quality, and price(reasonable now compared to the $5k+ iems)..

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #23,002 of 23,560
fourte has better resolution, W sig sound, the vocal is more forward and clearer with very noticable higher degree of details, textures, etc..

the soundstage is bigger on fourte, but volur is quite close in this regard.

volur has a mild U shape sound, and the bass on volur superb. it is that good. surpassing fourte in quantity and quality. that said, bass on fourte isn't bad at all, it's superb in fact. volur is just better that's all.

fourte, has that special magic sauce in the overall sound sig, that makes it feel so natural and lifelike, i came from home audio 2 channels before entering iem world and i find the fourte close to listening to my old stereo rig. i find fourte matches me best and i think it's a beautifully made/designed iem. i think a lot of people will love fourte(many friends tried mine and love it), but this comes with a caveat, this applies only if it fits one's preference, it will be so unique that no other iem can evoke that enjoyment feeling from fourte. but i also know that there's a lot of others who doesn't like it. that's why the fourte is quite polarizing. just like many of the totl iems out there.

volur, comes close in providing that special enjoyment feeling too. it has that addicting factor which i find very difficult to put down. the bass, the whole sound sig, is quite special. it provides a more fun sound which enjoyable to listen and relax to. it plays everything(genre of music) nicely.

all in all, this is a very subjective opinion, and i'm a big fan for 64audio sound tuning and signature. objectively, maybe they're not the best, perhaps in regards to technicalities, or holography, or etc2 qualities among so many other options out there, and i've been fortunate to tried and owned quite a few others. yet in the end, fourte stays and even though i came close to trading it for other iem, the fourte has always been with me for 3+ years already, while others come and goes. i feel can never find that special feeling fourte provide, not from any other iems. some did came very close, ie: indigo, xe6, rn6. but it is always fourte OG which feels the best and the right choice for me. and this is a combination of a lot of factors, not only sound, such as: sound isolation, comfort(fit), shell material(aluminium), ease to service(customer service), build quality, and price(reasonable now compared to the $5k+ iems)..
Nailed it, agree 100%

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #23,003 of 23,560
to me it was. I liked the Eros S with the U4S and Z1R, with the Volur not so much. I am curious as to what you think.

I listened to some familiar music, first on the Eros S and then again on the stock cable. I like the stock cable more!

Bass:
- Eros S has bigger and bolder sound in the regions from bass to lower-mid. On an IEM that already has plenty of bass, the perception of the overall tonality shifts even more towards the bass. This seem to have the perception of covering some details in the mid and treble.
- The stock cable has tighter, more detailed bass. It isn't as bold, and I think because of that, more details can be heard in the mid and treble. The overall tonality isn't as warm as the Eros S and seems more balanced.
- In this area, I prefer the stock cable.

Mids:
- Eros S has warmer mid (maybe because of the bolder lower-mid I mentioned above). That warmth kind of covers up some details.
- The stock cable has cleaner/clearer mid. This is more obvious when listening to music with vocals, and especially male voices.

Treble:
- Eros S seem to have elevated treble (maybe because of the silver wires). But that seems to come at the expense of smoothness. In tracks that don't have great recording/mastering, the treble can be grainy.
- The stock cable's treble is more around the same level as the mid, so it doesn't stand out as much compared to the Eros S. It is more balanced relative to the mid. The treble is also smoother, and it's more forgiving in almost all of the music I have. It's not lacking any details though. The details are all still there, just smoother.

Soundstage:
- The Eros S has a wider soundstage, but shallower front-to-back. This in effect sounds flatter.
- The stock cable has a narrower soundstage, but deeper front-to-back. It sounds more holographic. The center image is also more solid and precise. This makes me think maybe the Eros S has an artificially wider soundstage that stretches out (or diffuses) the center image.

I'm going to stick with the stock cable. This was an interesting experiment! I should have given the stock cable more chances to shine before just blindly switching to the Eros S. I got the Eros S for the U4s and it worked well with it, I thought it must work well with the Volur too, but I was wrong.

Edit: Forgot to share my equipment chain. I used:
iPhone 14 Pro with Apple Music (lossless) --> FiiO LT-LT1 Lightning to USB-C cable --> Chord Mojo 2.
Stock wide-bore silicone ear tips.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #23,004 of 23,560
After trying the U12T, U18S, U18Ts and Fir Xenon 6, I have just bought a preowned set of U18Ts as they sounded the best to me.

As the U18Ts are ancient, what the upgrade path is from here or will these be endgame? Are there newer IEMs that outperform the U18Ts at a similar or lower price?

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #23,005 of 23,560
After trying the U12T, U18S, U18Ts and Fir Xenon 6, I have just bought a preowned set of U18Ts as they sounded the best to me.

As the U18Ts are ancient, what the upgrade path is from here or will these be endgame? Are there newer IEMs that outperform the U18Ts at a similar or lower price?
Endgame to me. 18t is truly a legendary iem with outstanding technicalities. Resolution-wise it still holds ground among the giants. You though may want a cable swap to unleash its potential.

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #23,007 of 23,560
Endgame to me. 18t is truly a legendary iem with outstanding technicalities. Resolution-wise it still holds ground among the giants. You though may want a cable swap to unleash its potential.
Good to hear, my wallet thanks you!

What cable upgrade do you recommend? I’ve read comments with varying opinions on cables (being subjective of course). I’ve got one of these PW Audio cables currently being used with the Nio. Reckon that they are good enough?

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #23,008 of 23,560
Good to hear, my wallet thanks you!

What cable upgrade do you recommend? I’ve read comments with varying opinions on cables (being subjective of course). I’ve got one of these PW Audio cables currently being used with the Nio. Reckon that they are good enough?
Reply directed to PWA thread

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #23,009 of 23,560
anybody using the Correir brass tips with a 64 audio IEM? I love them but they won't stay on the IEM enough and come out in my ear. I tried plumber's tape but that doesn't work. Any tips for these tips?

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #23,010 of 23,560
anybody using the Correir brass tips with a 64 audio IEM? I love them but they won't stay on the IEM enough and come out in my ear. I tried plumber's tape but that doesn't work. Any tips for these tips?

I already ordered Pentaconn Coreir (and many others), my Volür and the tips are still on the way but if I have this problem I would probably try a techinque like this just the doing the other way around. The point is to try to make things a bit thicker. Or maybe combining multiple things: teflon tape (optionally make its surface a bit rough), grind the inside of the tip a tiny bit with diamond micro round file (only the silicon if possible not the brass, that would scratch the IEM later) and the trick from the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back