The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 1, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #22,981 of 23,720
I tip rolled a bunch of my favorite tips back to back to back to back with the Volur, I think the Correir Brass are my favorite. They not only maintain a really good bass, but add a bit of spaciousness to the presentation with a boost in the upper mids/lower treb. Other tips I tried that were great were the new Symbio W, a couple different pairs of Azla - clear and regular, the older Symbio W, the stock tips both silicone types, and a set of Auvio's I've liked with other IEM's.

Dec 1, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #22,982 of 23,720
I am so happy with og fourte that I intend to sell what’s left of my entire collection and “quit the hobby” and ride off into the sunset with the og fourte
Fourte OG is my favourite too.

I told myself the volur would be my last purchase, yet last night the u4s came in and it is immensily enjoyable.

Guess there is no such thing as 'this is the last one' in this hobby. Loll

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #22,983 of 23,720
I tip rolled a bunch of my favorite tips back to back to back to back with the Volur, I think the Correir Brass are my favorite. They not only maintain a really good bass, but add a bit of spaciousness to the presentation with a boost in the upper mids/lower treb. Other tips I tried that were great were the new Symbio W, a couple different pairs of Azla - clear and regular, the older Symbio W, the stock tips both silicone types, and a set of Auvio's I've liked with other IEM's.
Despite the awkward fit on nozzle of Coreir, it is also my favori tip pairing.

Look how it graphs differently too:

graph_25.png

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #22,984 of 23,720
Despite the awkward fit on nozzle of Coreir, it is also my favori tip pairing.

Look how it graphs differently too:

graph_25.png
That seems to put it on paper.

How do you get these tips to stay on though? You have to remove them slow or they get stuck. I tried one wrap of Teflon tape. What is the best way to apply it?

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #22,985 of 23,720
I am so happy with og fourte that I intend to sell what’s left of my entire collection and “quit the hobby” and ride off into the sunset with the og fourte
That's actually what I did, sold everything expect the fourte and have been listening only to them for like a year

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #22,986 of 23,720
Can you tell a bit about the differences between the old and new Symbio W?

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #22,987 of 23,720
Hi guys, I have been trying the u12t again lately, and while it is exceptional as I remebered, I am bothered by the treble (I am encountering some sibilance with Azla Xelastec). Would the Volur be a better choice in that regard?

Ideally I am looking for an IEM version of the Focal Utopia I love so much

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #22,988 of 23,720
Hi guys, I have been trying the u12t again lately, and while it is exceptional as I remebered, I am bothered by the treble (I am encountering some sibilance with Azla Xelastec). Would the Volur be a better choice in that regard?

Have you tried the u18t/s yet? They may be what you're looking for

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #22,990 of 23,720

Ha ha. I had just switched back to my Fourte from the Utopia on the TT2 before reading your post.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #22,991 of 23,720
It's about 2 years ago and my "Entry" into the "High-End IEM" World:
I kept the FOURTE (regretfuly only as a Universal-Model) and I sold my Focal STELLIA (OK, it's not quite indentical to the Utopia, I agree...)
But: the FOURTE is a most capable replacement for the Stellia in many ways.
--> IF you dare to go "Custom" , the EE ODIN is an option, or the Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor - there may be many more, of course
The "U / A 12 / 18" Series I don't know.

Regards
Urs

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #22,992 of 23,720
It's about 2 years ago and my "Entry" into the IEM World:
I kept the FOURTE and sold my Focal STELLIA (OK, it's not quite indentical to the Utopia, I agree...)
But: the FOURTE is a most capable replacement for the Stellia in many ways.
--> IF you dare to go "Custom" , the EE ODIN is an option, or the Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor - there may be many more, of course

Regards
Urs
As much as I respect the odin its treble is just too irritating and music becomes unenjoyable after an hour

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #22,993 of 23,720
The Volur are not just about wanting bass priority, they are a very complete package. It's how all the other frequency ranges work with the Volur bass. It's not a basshead IEM at all. It's just an excellent IEM along with S-tier bass in regards to quality.

Wanting a step up in the bass department for IEM needs a DD driver. The all BA U12T is not gonna give that satisfaction.

The NIO would be probably great for that, or the Volur if he can stretch his budget. The Volur could be endgame for most people for almost all of their music. But for EDM you need a very good DD setup for the lows IMO.

Thanks again for putting the Volür on my radar. The local shop was extremely helpful, I rarely got so nice treatment from shops like this. I made the decision and ordered the Volür, yaaaay. For I while I am affraid even breathing air gonna be too expensive for me though :D.

For cable recommendation anyone can confirm this is good idea? I don't want to spend an other fortune just on cable.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #22,994 of 23,720
Can you tell a bit about the differences between the old and new Symbio W?
Here are comparison photos. The newer version is the clear silicone that look much more orange. The difference is subtle but there. It's nozzle width but also how they sit on the Volur. The old darker version has a slightly narrower opening and the new clear versions basically just allow the Volur speaker to have no restriction in the nozzle.

PXL_20231202_184857640 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20231202_185042999 (Medium).jpg

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #22,995 of 23,720
Thanks again for putting the Volür on my radar. The local shop was extremely helpful, I rarely got so nice treatment from shops like this. I made the decision and ordered the Volür, yaaaay. For I while I am affraid even breathing air gonna be too expensive for me though :D.

For cable recommendation anyone can confirm this is good idea? I don't want to spend an other fortune just on cable.

Glad they appealed to you. I hope you enjoy them as much as the potential feels like. Looking forward to your thoughts. I like the stock cable with them myself when I am using them wired. I think Linsoul is reputable though. Can't say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back