The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 23, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #22,441 of 23,560
Sure .. I have the A4s and the A12T versions.

To my ears the vocals are pretty much the same, which is to say pretty relaxed, both of the IEMs while they do vocals pretty well I would say instruments are presented a bit more forward on the two IEMS.

It should be noted that resolution and details are better on the A12T, but the A4S is really not that far behind IMO.

Now back to the vocals, to my ears vocals take a back seat to musical instruments like guitars, violins and etc.

However if you want a good well balanced IEM from 64a with a emphasis on the mids and a more forward vocal presentation then I would check out the U6T.
could you compare the highs on A12t and A4s?

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #22,442 of 23,560
could you compare the highs on A12t and A4s?
Between the A4s, A6T, and the A12T they have the same driver config for the highs.

1ba + 1 Tia, so the treble is pretty good, symbol crashes, and that sort of stuff sound accurate, the A6T and the A12T are sort of the same in terms of tuning where the treble is there and extended but its not overly done, pretty balanced and still vert detailed.

the A4S treble is turned to be a bit more present and boosted, still not piercing or anything like that, but sometimes drum symbols will definitive catch your attention.

I honestly EQ it down a bit on the A4S

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #22,444 of 23,560
Cable looks dope 😍. Is it available for separate purchase or is it bundled with Nio?
The cable is come together with Fourte Blanc, and as far as I know this cable is not available to buy separately

Aug 24, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #22,445 of 23,560
if there is a potential for a short, it would be the amplifier that is shorting due to low resistance. We can't definitively say what would cause an issue like this but there are IEMs and headphones that are source sensitive and U18t/A18t is definitely one of them. We see this even in professional audio when used with wireless RF packs and the rate at which their batteries are depleted.

The two phenomena that we have direct experience with is when you turn the volume all the way up with a Dragonfly DAC and any IEMs with a really low impedance it will shut the dragonfly down and restart it. Also, at one point with certain mobile/laptop devices, we ran a 60hz sine wave and plugged the low impedance IEMs directly into the headphone out and we would go from a completely clear tone to a total buzz at around 75%; it wasn't a gradual thing but instantaneous. In all of these cases the IEM components were operational and remained operational after the experiments. It does seem that the amps themselves have a tough time delivering current with such little resistance, especially at higher volumes.
I’m happy to report it was Apple dongle. It doesn’t seem to provide enough juice to the u18t making them distort and anyone planning on using them with just their iPhone should be weary of this.

I find the treble a bit much sometimes although I love how vivid they sound throughout the midrange. Can anyone recommend a cable no more than $200 that would smooth out the highs and maybe provide a touch more rumble and impact in the bass? I’ve read some good things about the PlusSound - X but I have no first hand experience.

I’m also wondering if there are Comply foam tips that extend more past the nozzle that would do the trick. I don’t know if the Comply P-Series are compatible. Anyone know? 64 Audio isn’t a listed brand on the Comply website in their compatibility listings which is strange because they have virtually every other big name brand on there.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #22,446 of 23,560
I would highly recommend @skedra to make you a copper cable, he made me one for my supermoon which helped with the sharp highs whilst adding some meat to the mid bass and rumble in the subbass. He does https://vikingweavecables.com/

For foam tips, I've always enjoyed campfire marshmallow tips on my 64a gear

20230814_144549.jpg

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #22,447 of 23,560
I’m happy to report it was Apple dongle. It doesn’t seem to provide enough juice to the u18t making them distort and anyone planning on using them with just their iPhone should be weary of this.

I find the treble a bit much sometimes although I love how vivid they sound throughout the midrange. Can anyone recommend a cable no more than $200 that would smooth out the highs and maybe provide a touch more rumble and impact in the bass? I’ve read some good things about the PlusSound - X but I have no first hand experience.

I’m also wondering if there are Comply foam tips that extend more past the nozzle that would do the trick. I don’t know if the Comply P-Series are compatible. Anyone know? 64 Audio isn’t a listed brand on the Comply website in their compatibility listings which is strange because they have virtually every other big name brand on there.
If you’re looking for something under $200 you should check out the Ares S from Effect Audio. I think this cable would give you what you are looking for in terms of smoothing out the highs while providing a bit more rumble in the lows.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #22,448 of 23,560
I've had similar issues with the U12t upper-treble peak.

Pure copper cables (not silver-plated copper cables) smooth out the treble and add bass.

Ear tips also play a huge role. It's generally cheaper and easier to tip-roll than to cable-roll so you may want to start here.

Azla Sedna Shorts and Azla Sedna Regulars do a great job taming the treble while maintaining or adding to the bass.

Ear tip qualities that help with treble harshness - wide bore, short stem. Narrow bores/longer stems tend to bring vocals forward and add treble details (but also harshness and sibilance with bad pairings).

I used to use SpinFit W1 tips which accentuated the U12t upper-treble peak and introduced sibilance. Swapping to Azla Sedna Shorts fixed this issue.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #22,449 of 23,560

The Comply P-Series tips have smaller diameter bores. The Comply 500 series fit U18t and other 64 Audio IEM's. Foam tips do typically take off some of the brightness and make the sound a bit warmer/darker.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #22,450 of 23,560
I had the opportunity to listen to the U4s at CanJam in London. Absolutely fantastic. Instant love. Cheers to Olivia and Kehlani, wonderful people!

Aug 24, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #22,451 of 23,560
the new version of the Symbios are wide bore and short-stemmed.

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #22,452 of 23,560
To anyone using spinfits for their univ 64a iems, which spinfit model do you use?

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #22,454 of 23,560
To anyone using spinfits for their univ 64a iems, which spinfit model do you use?
I’ve used SpinFit W1 with the U12t and U4s.

It’s a transparent ear tip that works well with the U4s, but I found it adds harshness to the upper-treble peak on the U12t.

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #22,455 of 23,560
at this point i just want an eartip that will stick to my ear lol. i guess its my fault for using a heavy cable which makes me have to readjust just from moving a tiny bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back