The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 15, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #22,411 of 23,563
Aug 16, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #22,412 of 23,563
Hey everyone,

I just got my new A12t. I just wanted to share a few points here.

Why I got them: I had the U12t for about a year now. I absolutely love the sound signature. It's kinda perfect for my preference. I have very weird, narrow and twisty ear canals, in particular the right one. So, although the U12t are by far the best fit for my ears in my personal experience, I still had some fit issues. Since I think I found my final preference in terms of sound signature and timbre I decided to sell the U12t and go custom.

Why I am writing this: I have been sitting on the edge of going CIEMs for months now. I read every possible review of the A12t and every possible comparisons between the U12t and the A12t. I asked (bothered) quite a few contributors to this forum about their experience on going from universal to customs. By the way, there are too many people to thank individually but if you are reading this you know you got my pms and yes THANK YOU.
The main reason I have been waiting for so long is that there are some reports out there stating that the universal and the custom version sound different. Throwing 2k to the problem and checking for yourself if this is true is quite ballsy and I do understand - and share - the concern.
SO I am writing this few lines hoping to help somebody who might be trying to decide if custom is the way to go.

So how do they sound? I am (very) happy to report that the customs sound every bit as good as the universals. It is true that the customs sound ever so slightly more intimate. I believe this is not due to a difference in tuning. I am of the strong opinion that this is simply due to a much better isolation than the universals. Some time ago I read something from 64 audio suggesting to press into the ear canals the universals to have an idea of how the customs would sound. In my experience this is a reasonably accurate test.

Do they fit well? Like I said, my ear canals are quite weirdly shaped. To the point that when I got my ear impressions, the audiologist and I were wondering if 64 Audio were gonna be able to fit the Tia driver in the canal. I am happy to report that the build is perfect. Smooth, perfect seal, comfortable, they literally disappear in my ears after 5 minutes.

Like I said, I wrote this because I want to give back to the community all the help I got in the last few months of deliberation. So If anybody has any specific questions please ASK!!

PS. Sorry I got the formatting all weird!!

Aug 16, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #22,413 of 23,563
Hey everyone,

I just got my new A12t. I just wanted to share a few points here.

Why I got them: I had the U12t for about a year now. I absolutely love the sound signature. It's kinda perfect for my preference. I have very weird, narrow and twisty ear canals, in particular the right one. So, although the U12t are by far the best fit for my ears in my personal experience, I still had some fit issues. Since I think I found my final preference in terms of sound signature and timbre I decided to sell the U12t and go custom.

Why I am writing this: I have been sitting on the edge of going CIEMs for months now. I read every possible review of the A12t and every possible comparisons between the U12t and the A12t. I asked (bothered) quite a few contributors to this forum about their experience on going from universal to customs. By the way, there are too many people to thank individually but if you are reading this you know you got my pms and yes THANK YOU.
The main reason I have been waiting for so long is that there are some reports out there stating that the universal and the custom version sound different. Throwing 2k to the problem and checking for yourself if this is true is quite ballsy and I do understand - and share - the concern.
SO I am writing this few lines hoping to help somebody who might be trying to decide if custom is the way to go.

So how do they sound? I am (very) happy to report that the customs sound every bit as good as the universals. It is true that the customs sound ever so slightly more intimate. I believe this is not due to a difference in tuning. I am of the strong opinion that this is simply due to a much better isolation than the universals. Some time ago I read something from 64 audio suggesting to press into the ear canals the universals to have an idea of how the customs would sound. In my experience this is a reasonably accurate test.

Do they fit well? Like I said, my ear canals are quite weirdly shaped. To the point that when I got my ear impressions, the audiologist and I were wondering if 64 Audio were gonna be able to fit the Tia driver in the canal. I am happy to report that the build is perfect. Smooth, perfect seal, comfortable, they literally disappear in my ears after 5 minutes.

Like I said, I wrote this because I want to give back to the community all the help I got in the last few months of deliberation. So If anybody has any specific questions please ASK!!

PS. Sorry I got the formatting all weird!!
Nice review & thoughts, cuz. Enjoy the customs :thumbsup:

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #22,415 of 23,563
Anyone have any aftermarket cable pairings they enjoy with the U12t?

Looking for something that brings out a little more musicality and warmth while remaining or improving technicalities.

Some pairings I’ve heard are Cadmus and Cleo II Octa. Looking for more. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #22,416 of 23,563

Looking for something that brings out a little more musicality and warmth while remaining or improving technicalities.

I'm using Eletech Aeneid with mine.

Aug 17, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #22,417 of 23,563

As mentioned in the EA thread, the Fusion 1 seems to do what you’re looking for. At least to my ears.

“…brings out a little more musicality and warmth while retaining technicalities” is an excellent way to articulate what I am hearing. 😃

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #22,418 of 23,563
As mentioned in the EA thread, the Fusion 1 seems to do what you’re looking for. At least to my ears.

“…brings out a little more musicality and warmth while retaining technicalities” is an excellent way to articulate what I am hearing. 😃
Thanks for the feedback. One more question: does the Fusion 1 push vocals forward or is the vocal positioning the same as the stock cable?

Nitpicks I have about the stock cable is that the image feels flat, and that I wish the vocals were more prominent.

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #22,419 of 23,563
Thanks for the feedback. One more question: does the Fusion 1 push vocals forward or is the vocal positioning the same as the stock cable?

Nitpicks I have about the stock cable is that the image feels flat, and that I wish the vocals were more prominent.
Yes I feel the vocals are pushed forward with the Fusion 1. I’m comparing it to the Premium Silver Cable as I’ve not used the stock cable in a long time.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #22,420 of 23,563
Wrong thread

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #22,421 of 23,563
Wrong thread
How so? The discussion is about the U12t and how an aftermarket cable affects its performance vs. the stock and premium silver 64 Audio cables. I'm sure this discussion could also be relevant to other threads, but its also related to a 64 Audio product.

I'll add that there has been U12t-related cable discussions (stock and aftermarket) on this exact thread before.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #22,422 of 23,563
How so? The discussion is about the U12t and how an aftermarket cable affects its performance vs. the stock and premium silver 64 Audio cables. I'm sure this discussion could also be relevant to other threads, but its also related to a 64 Audio product.

I'll add that there has been U12t-related cable discussions (stock and aftermarket) on this exact thread before.
I posted in the wrong thread. So I edited my post to say that. I meant to post on the general wireless IEM thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back