The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 7, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #22,381 of 23,565
Trying my new Tia Trio and it’s intense. Don’t know if i can take the highs … love the bass it slaps like no other.. but I think the highs are a little to much for me ☹️ changing cables trying different sources to see if can control a bit more the treble but it’s aggressive … still my preference is the U4S the treble is on the limit for me , more smooth and I can listen for longer time.

I little disappointed , really wanted to like the trio , I like it but I think I can’t take the treble.
Usually narrow bore silicone tips do tame down the treble peaks, including final E tips and something like the Sony hybrid ones. They don’t compromise as much as foam tips and fit great with the tia trio.

I use the stock spinfit tips and they are a great middle ground compared to the other ones 64 audio provides. Super comfortable too!

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #22,382 of 23,565
Does anyone have experience cable-rolling with the U12t? I like the U12t with the stock cable, but I’m interested in trying to bring out more color/fullness like the tonality of the U4s.

I’m thinking a good quality copper cable might do the trick. I want to hear your thoughts.

I have a EA Ares 8W and EA Code 23 coming in at the end of the month. I’ll share my impressions on those once they arrive.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #22,383 of 23,565
They don’t compromise as much as foam tips and fit great with the tia trio.
Whenever I read comments like this I feel like a third class Head-fier for actually preferring foam tips on some of my IEM's. For example obviously I'm totally crazy for liking these Shure Yellow foams I'm currently using with my Westone MACH 80 IEM. :)

Aug 7, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #22,384 of 23,565
Whenever I read comments like this I feel like a third class Head-fier for actually preferring foam tips on some of my IEM's. For example obviously I'm totally crazy for liking these Shure Yellow foams I'm currently using with my Westone MACH 80 IEM. :)
That’s not my intention😅

But it is important to note that achieving a seal with foam tips is always better than no seal with whatever silicone tips. If it fits, all is well 👌

Aug 7, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #22,385 of 23,565

In my view it's a case of prominent communtiy members/Youtubers taking a vocal position and it influencing and "trickling down" into the masses. Moreover, since a shallow-seated silicone tip is less invasive, more people will adopt it, get used to it, and then claim it is sonically superior.

Not that my opinion is any more valid than that, but deep-seated foam tips have always been preferred for me because IEMS are supposed to be "monitors"—it's right there in the name (the "M")—and therefore whatever offers the highest isolation is what, in my opinion, it's supposed to sound like.

Aug 7, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #22,386 of 23,565
Not crazy at all. Different tips objectively change the sound signature of the IEM's, but comfort is really subjective. If you like the sound of foams and they're comfortable then it makes sense to use them. No shame in that at all. I use foam tips with some of our 64 IEM's too, even though I prefer the feel of SpinFit tips. They just make some models sound better.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 7, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #22,387 of 23,565
Not crazy at all. Different tips objectively change the sound signature of the IEM's, but comfort is really subjective. If you like the sound of foams and they're comfortable then it makes sense to use them. No shame in that at all. I use foam tips with some of our 64 IEM's too, even though I prefer the feel of SpinFit tips. They just make some models sound better.
+1 to this. Not a 64 IEM, but I use foam tips with the Moondrop S8. With silicone tips, I find them a bit shouty and lacking in the low end. Foam tips to the rescue.

Aug 7, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #22,388 of 23,565
Does anyone have experience cable-rolling with the U12t? I like the U12t with the stock cable, but I’m interested in trying to bring out more color/fullness like the tonality of the U4s.

I’m thinking a good quality copper cable might do the trick. I want to hear your thoughts.

I have a EA Ares 8W and EA Code 23 coming in at the end of the month. I’ll share my impressions on those once they arrive.
I use a Lavricables Grand line and love it! Better bass , good separation , depth and more 3D sound, a lot more dynamic than the stock one! Almost all my cables are from Lavricables.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #22,389 of 23,565
I use a Lavricables Grand line and love it! Better bass , good separation , depth and more 3D sound, a lot more dynamic than the stock one! Almost all my cables are from Lavricables.
Thanks for sharing. Are you using a silver cable?

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #22,391 of 23,565

Yes, I’ve just had a few of the EA cables for a few weeks as part of a tour and I really liked the Ares 8w with my A12t. I thought it added an even larger sense of stage vs stock, with a slight increase in warmth in the lower mids. The 12t is already 🐐 class IEM, but this cable made it feel an even grander experience.

Code23 took this even further while keeping a bit tighter control of micro details, and sounded absolutely fantastic with 12t. BUT the ergonomics of that cable are far less than ideal, I felt like I was fighting with it every time I used it, and due to the stiffness of the ear hooks, I was afraid of the torque imparted on the 2pin connector. Universals I tried actually twisted out of my ears if I moved my head around a bit, so Code23 is a no go for me.

My takeaway is that I’m definitely on the lookout for a high quality copper cable to pair with my A12t, might just get the Ares 8w itself depending on a couple other things. I’ve got a cheap NiceHCK one from a recent Ali sale to use in the meantime anyway.

Best thing of course is to experience them for yourself, sounds like you’ll be able to do that soon enough, good luck!

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #22,392 of 23,565
Thanks for sharing. Are you using a silver cable?
Yes , the top one from Lavricables Grand line, I have order now a new one for my New Trió.
IMG_6769.jpeg

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #22,393 of 23,565
Yes, I’ve just had a few of the EA cables for a few weeks as part of a tour and I really liked the Ares 8w with my A12t. I thought it added an even larger sense of stage vs stock, with a slight increase in warmth in the lower mids. The 12t is already 🐐 class IEM, but this cable made it feel an even grander experience.

Code23 took this even further while keeping a bit tighter control of micro details, and sounded absolutely fantastic with 12t. BUT the ergonomics of that cable are far less than ideal, I felt like I was fighting with it every time I used it, and due to the stiffness of the ear hooks, I was afraid of the torque imparted on the 2pin connector. Universals I tried actually twisted out of my ears if I moved my head around a bit, so Code23 is a no go for me.

My takeaway is that I’m definitely on the lookout for a high quality copper cable to pair with my A12t, might just get the Ares 8w itself depending on a couple other things. I’ve got a cheap NiceHCK one from a recent Ali sale to use in the meantime anyway.

Best thing of course is to experience them for yourself, sounds like you’ll be able to do that soon enough, good luck!
Thanks for the impressions! They’re absolutely in line with my expectations so it’s good to hear.

I’ll probably use one of them for the U12t and the other for my Diva.

I may get a second Ares S 8W for my Helios if I like the pairing. I’m hoping it adds some warmth and body to the Helios.
Yes , the top one from Lavricables Grand line, I have order now a new one for my New Trió.
IMG_6769.jpeg
Thanks for sharing! I admit I’m a little wary about using a silver cable with my U12t because I’m afraid it will make the sound more strident.

In what ways does the Lavricables Grand line silver cable impact the tonality of the IEMs you paired with it?

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #22,394 of 23,565
Thanks for the impressions! They’re absolutely in line with my expectations so it’s good to hear.

I’ll probably use one of them for the U12t and the other for my Diva.

I may get a second Ares S 8W for my Helios if I like the pairing. I’m hoping it adds some warmth and body to the Helios.

Thanks for sharing! I admit I’m a little wary about using a silver cable with my U12t because I’m afraid it will make the sound more strident.

In what ways does the Lavricables Grand line silver cable impact the tonality of the IEMs you paired with it?
I will share a PM with other user regarding the same question:

"Hi, I love it ! I have tried a lot of good cooper cables but since I have tried my first Lavricables I never look back . I have 7 cables from Lavricables , headphones and iems . Regarding the U12T I’m using the Grand line not wallet friendly and a little heavy in weight. But the sound is top notch , better separation I have heard on a cable , very like 3D sound, bass hits hard on impact and very clean ! Mids go a little forward but in a good way and treble on the contrary that everyone says are not shouty , my felling is very clean and detail but not harsh sounding . Also have Master line on my U4S but for the U12T it deserves the Grand Line cable for the reasons above👌"

You gain great depth with the Grand line like I never heard before with any cooper cable, just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #22,395 of 23,565
Chilling with a delicious local pilsner in West Yellowstone by the fire jamming with the U4s.

The rich tonality is perfect for this setting. M15 module, no EQ

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_204504_01.jpg
    IMG_20230808_204504_01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back