The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 8, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #22,261 of 23,560
Hey everyone, my name is Matt, and I'm a member of the engineering team here at 64 Audio. I thought it might be nice to be able to let you guys in some of the engineering, tuning, and design decisions that we make, as well as answer some questions about our IEM's.

What part is wobbling? Is it the black plastic socket itself, or is it that the cable has some play when inserted into the socket. The latter is normal as relieves some of the strain on the pins and the internal components.
Hi Matt and welcome! thanks for your explanation, I thought it was a kind of design feature.

Sockets are fine - no obvious play while cable is unattached. As the cable is attached and I slightly press on the cable connector as leveler, the socket with 2 pins inside the earpiece would slightly move back and forth, which makes it play or wobble.

In my case the sockets have different amount of “wobble” – the socket of one earpiece has more play than socket in the other. I wondered if it is too loose, or too wobbly, something inside may break or loose connection. Or maybe I am making too big deal about it.

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #22,262 of 23,560
I now believe that pure copper vs silver plated cables makes a difference in sound. I was a big skeptic.

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #22,263 of 23,560
I now believe that pure copper vs silver plated cables makes a difference in sound. I was a big skeptic.
Yes, eventually you end up believing this. I was never a believer of cable rolling but views have completely changed. They do make a significant difference. With a good(costly) cable the iems sound more refined and open.

Please elaborate on your views. Which iems and which cables and what changes did you notice?

Jul 9, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #22,264 of 23,560
Yes, eventually you end up believing this. I was never a believer of cable rolling but views have completely changed. They do make a significant difference. With a good(costly) cable the iems sound more refined and open.

Please elaborate on your views. Which iems and which cables and what changes did you notice?

I have the U4s. I tried the Ares S pure copper on them, and I had to take the M15 module out and use the M12, whereas with the stock cables or Go Pods I preferred the M15.

All with spinfit cp100

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #22,265 of 23,560
I have the U4s. I tried the Ares S pure copper on them, and I had to take the M15 module out and use the M12, whereas with the stock cables or Go Pods I preferred the M15.

All with spinfit cp100
If you have some cash to burn give the Eros S cable a try with the M15 module. To my ears that combination opens up the soundstage of the U4s a bit while still retaining the bass performance of the U4s with the M15 module.

Jul 9, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #22,266 of 23,560
If you have some cash to burn give the Eros S cable a try with the M15 module. To my ears that combination opens up the soundstage of the U4s a bit while still retaining the bass performance of the U4s with the M15 module.
That's what I was looking at. Couldn't find the Eros S ii anywhere for 2 pin plus a 3.5mm - ended up finding a refurbished one direct from effect audio

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #22,268 of 23,560
Hello 64 Audio fans. I've just got my u12t, and loving it.

However, I'd really like to have an apex module between the m15 and m20. I've read that FIR Audio has the '+' XL module, which seems to fit, but I'm in the UK, and Fir modules are not listed in their Europe representative (eliseaudio.com). Does anyway know of a way to get FIR modules in the UK, or are there any other good alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #22,269 of 23,560
Hello 64 Audio fans. I've just got my u12t, and loving it.

However, I'd really like to have an apex module between the m15 and m20. I've read that FIR Audio has the '+' XL module, which seems to fit, but I'm in the UK, and Fir modules are not listed in their Europe representative (eliseaudio.com). Does anyway know of a way to get FIR modules in the UK, or are there any other good alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
I bought these for my U12t two years ago directly from the Fir Audio site: $49 for the modules and $40 for UPS shipping. To which must be added the VAT and duty costs, which I don't remember how much they amounted to.
It was worth it.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #22,270 of 23,560
I bought these for my U12t two years ago directly from the Fir Audio site: $49 for the modules and $40 for UPS shipping. To which must be added the VAT and duty costs, which I don't remember how much they amounted to.
It was worth it.
I don't think it possible anymore. Their checkout page has a big red warning stating: "To purchase IEMs in this country, please contact our dealer." And then I can't get through to checkout. But the "dealer" (eliseaudio.com) does not have modules listed. I might drop them a message.

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #22,271 of 23,560
I don't think it possible anymore. Their checkout page has a big red warning stating: "To purchase IEMs in this country, please contact our dealer." And then I can't get through to checkout. But the "dealer" (eliseaudio.com) does not have modules listed. I might drop them a message.
Drop a mail to Fir customer center and they will help as always !! Otherwise you can try BloomAudio.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #22,275 of 23,560
Just bought a U12t from a fellow headfier here and can't wait to try it out against my U4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back