The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 19, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #22,172 of 23,721
Any more info regarding when the DD from the Blanc will make it into the N8 assuming that’s still in the works?
those LPF improvements have been slowly working into the other models where the DD fires directly into the shell.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jun 19, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #22,174 of 23,721
Litening to the u12t paired with the ak sp1000, i feel like im a music producer. I can hear every single layer of the sound. Its just insane.
EVERY single sound, passage has its own space, tonality and texture. And still it all comes together to create a one musical unit.
12t is so good for live recordings, all the layers in the song are in the right position.

Jun 20, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #22,175 of 23,721
Litening to the u12t paired with the ak sp1000, i feel like im a music producer. I can hear every single layer of the sound. Its just insane.
EVERY single sound, passage has its own space, tonality and texture. And still it all comes together to create a one musical unit.
I was just listening to the excellent 2022 remaster of Revolver with the u12t

https://brutallyhonestrockalbumrevi...5/album-review-the-beatles-revolver-2022-mix/

and what you said absolutely applies. It's like being in the studio with the Beatles. Here, There, and Everywhere sounds insanely good (as the review above discusses).

Jun 21, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #22,176 of 23,721
My A12t may arrive today, after months of waiting.
Hoping it'll fit well and it'll end up being a good day!

Jun 21, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #22,177 of 23,721
Hello Audiophile Community! 🎶

I'm in pursuit of a cable upgrade for my beloved Nio earphones. Currently, I'm using the Luminox Day for Night cable, which performs admirably in the bass to mid-range spectrum. However, I’m yearning for an enhancement in resolution with a touch of body in the treble.

I’ve shortlisted a few candidates for this upgrade and would deeply appreciate your thoughts on them. Alternatively, if you have any other suggestions in mind, please don’t hesitate to share.

1. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon: I'm intrigued by the reputation of Moon Audio cables. Will the Silver Dragon add the desired clarity and weight to the treble?
  2. 64Audio Premium 8-Braid Cable: This one caught my eye, but the silver variant at $999 is beyond my budget. Has anyone had experience with the more affordable options?
  3. EffectAudio Creopatra or Leonidas (considering used options for budget reasons): These are highly praised in audiophile circles. Any personal experiences to share regarding the improvements they could bring?
  4. Open to Suggestions: If there’s an under-the-radar gem or a classic favorite that you think would be a perfect match, please let me know!
Thank you all in advance for your insights and advice! 🙏🎵

Jun 21, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #22,178 of 23,721

I'm in pursuit of a cable upgrade for my beloved Nio earphones. Currently, I'm using the Luminox Day for Night cable, which performs admirably in the bass to mid-range spectrum. However, I’m yearning for an enhancement in resolution with a touch of body in the treble.

I’ve shortlisted a few candidates for this upgrade and would deeply appreciate your thoughts on them. Alternatively, if you have any other suggestions in mind, please don’t hesitate to share.

1. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon: I'm intrigued by the reputation of Moon Audio cables. Will the Silver Dragon add the desired clarity and weight to the treble?
  2. 64Audio Premium 8-Braid Cable: This one caught my eye, but the silver variant at $999 is beyond my budget. Has anyone had experience with the more affordable options?
  3. EffectAudio Creopatra or Leonidas (considering used options for budget reasons): These are highly praised in audiophile circles. Any personal experiences to share regarding the improvements they could bring?
  4. Open to Suggestions: If there’s an under-the-radar gem or a classic favorite that you think would be a perfect match, please let me know!
I honestly think that buying a cable more expensive than 80 bucks for 64 Audio iem is a waste of money :)
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing any significant sound difference between Pioneer 300r and AK sp1000 when using u12t.
64 Audio iems are extremely resistant to changes in sound depending on the source so i think that a cable will make even smaller difference.
The LID system works surprisingly well.
But thats to my ears.

Jun 21, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #22,179 of 23,721
U12t is so good that you don’t need to go up in the 64Audio line up. I currently own a Fourte and I always regret for not buying U12t first. Because if I would have bought the U12t, I would have not gone for Fourte. Fourte is still a level up to U12t but U12t is that great iem. And try pairing it with Sony W1MA2 and you will be amazed by how great synergy it has with Sony. That’s an endgame pairing for sure.

Jun 21, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #22,180 of 23,721

Changing cable is the least reliable way to improve sound quality, IMHO. I have the pleasure to use a gigantic DIY cable from a friend that is supposed to 1:1 clone of something very expensive. And yes, there is noticeable difference with my U12t. But, that’s not a positive difference at all. The midrange is boxier, the treble suddenly becomes harsh and metallic.

Most of the time, there is very little change or even reduction in sound quality. For example, the sound becomes noticeably muddy with a $20 cable I got from XINHS store on aliexpress.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #22,181 of 23,721

Parametric EQ is free :wink:

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #22,182 of 23,721
those LPF improvements have been slowly working into the other models where the DD fires directly into the shell.
did it also apply to the older batch that receive a driver repair service recently?

I just received my Nio from repair around a month ago and the bass sensation just feels different than before

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #22,183 of 23,721

I have a Nio also, once I paired it with Leonidas II, using M15 module, what I can feel is the sweet vocal, tighter and deeper bass, the treble is well extended but not as crisp.
this impression might be biased. Before using Leo II, I was pairing the Nio with 8 braid balanced pure silver cable from local cable builder. (I never used the stock cable :wink:)
From the review that I read at that time is Cleo brighter than Leo II. I'm talking about the original Cleo, not the new Cleo II.
IMG_2291.jpg

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #22,184 of 23,721
Preliminary thoughts on the 64 Audio A12t:

Fit & Finish:

They fit like no other earbud or in-ear that I have ever used.
This is to be expected... and makes me very glad that I went through the trouble to get a custom.
I've always struggled with earbuds/IEMs and it is nice to have something that JUST FITS.

The left fits better than the left, but it's hard to say if this is a design issue or a "my ear canal" issue.
This isn't to say that I am ready to send the right in for a refit -- I can shake around all I want and they maintain their seal -- there's just a noticeable difference in feeling between ears.
Looking at my spare ear impressions, I tend to think this might be related more to my ear canals.

Sound:
To be honest, this section is almost difficult for me to write about.
The A12t just... produces the music in a way that makes it difficult to single anything out.
I convinced my friend to purchase the A4s, which is supposedly most of the way to the A12t, and he has been asking for impressions.
With a lot of headphones, IEMs, and speakers, I can usually pick out something I want to change, or items I consider poor or downright special.
The 64 Audio A12t doesn't really inspire me to change anything about it and this is something I would consider to be a good thing.

Now, this isn't the most exciting sound signature either. It doesn't necessarily "wow" you until you take a step back and realize that you're just listening to music.
When I put these on, I am disengaged from the outside world and thrown into my own corner of a venue, without the people around me.
They are great for primary or background listening.

To my ears, I prefer the M20 Apex module to the M15.
M15 adds a bit of air and soundstage but at the expense of the bass, which I am quite enjoying.
These are great for being BA bass. I was worried when I purchased them, but I am plenty happy with the BA bass.
I'll also say that the extra isolation the M20 module provides is nice.

Ease of Use:
This is a section that I feel is important for something I would consider to be portable audio.
I'm driving these via Bluetooth (yeah, screw me, right?) with the Fiio UTWS5 MMCX (with an IPX adapter)
What can I say?
They sound great. I'm sure hooking them up to my stack at home would yield slightly better results, but I just don't care.
I hear NO REASON to get rid of the reason I decided to buy some custom IEMs.

ONE COMMENT I WILL MAKE -- I prefer the right-angle MMCX to IPX adapter with the UTWS5, to the mini straight MMCX to IPX adapter.

Comparisons:
Nothing to put here until I receive my custom Fatfreq Grand Maestro.
If the Grand Maestro exceeds these, I will be very pleased, to say the least.

I guess I could compare it to the 7Hz Timeless or the NUMEROUS sub-$50 IEMs I purchased for fun.
This is a very clear overall step up from the budget market, but I also have to give the budget market a lot of credit.

The 7Hz Timeless was a nice stopgap, but I found the A12t to be hugely more coherent.
Similarly, I found the 7Hz Timeless to be a bit spicy for my ears at times, so I had to keep the volume lower to compensate.

Conclusion:
These really are a "jack of all trades, master of none" in-ear monitor.
Purchasing a custom was a great decision. It sucks to have to clean them so much, but the fit and isolation are worth the trouble.
Knowing I am getting the same sound every time is also important to me.

They just "sound right," with the right amount of engagement to enjoy music, but not enough to get too lost while I am trying to complete my work.

I'm pleased with my purchase thus far.
Curious to see what the Fatfreq Grand Maestro will bring. Will I be blown away, or will I wish I would have skipped the purchase?

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #22,185 of 23,721
The A12t just... produces the music in a way that makes it difficult to single anything out.

With a lot of headphones, IEMs, and speakers, I can usually pick out something I want to change, or items I consider poor or downright special.
The 64 Audio A12t doesn't really inspire me to change anything about it and this is something I would consider to be a good thing.

Now, this isn't the most exciting sound signature either. It doesn't necessarily "wow" you until you take a step back and realize that you're just listening to music.
This is spot on for me with the universal version. Great write-up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back