The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 9, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #22,141 of 23,563
Thanks for finding it. You know, I think I've actually seen that, ha. So... according to that review, the 17db Atom is indeed between the M15 and M20. I wonder if anyone out there who has used all three could confirm that? I've been thinking about picking one up. (I'm an M15 kinda guy, but sometimes wouldn't mind alternating by adding a touch more bass. But I usually find the M20 to be too heavy/smaller soundstage etc.)

Thats more or less True, I have all the Fir audio atom modules as well as the MX, m15, and m20 for my A12T, the fir gold(+) is just ever so slightly more open than the m20, but still more isolating than the m15 module.

The bass is slightly less attenuate as well, but there is still more bass compared to the m15 module.

Basically the FIR modules allow you to fine tune in between the 64 Apex modules.

The only exception would be the FIR red(0) vs the MX, where the MX kills the bass response completely.
The FIR audio Red is just as open and spacious as the MX module but still retains some bass.

Jun 9, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #22,142 of 23,563
Thats more or less True, I have all the Fir audio atom modules as well as the MX, m15, and m20 for my A12T, the fir gold(+) is just ever so slightly more open than the m20, but still more isolating than the m15 module.

The bass is slightly less attenuate as well, but there is still more bass compared to the m15 module.

Basically the FIR modules allow you to fine tune in between the 64 Apex modules.

The only exception would be the FIR red(0) vs the MX, where the MX kills the bass response completely.
The FIR audio Red is just as open and spacious as the MX module but still retains some bass.

Thanks a lot, just the info I was looking for.

I agree with you about the MX. I actually do enjoy it but only with music that basically has no bass. Which isn't much, so I barely use it.

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #22,143 of 23,563
Thank you guys for posting all this information in regards to the modules. I think I am still in the honeymoon phase with the used pair of U12T that I picked up a few weeks ago. The set came with the MX attached and I fell in love with the spaciousness and clarity that it presented. I was afraid to even try the other modules because previous posts here said the M15 and M20 were just too bassy and shrank the space too much. Today I finally tried the M15 and I have to say I am very satisfied with the sound. The bass is a bit more present, the space does not seem to be affected, and only the mids are TINY bit more recessed. I think it is a small trade-off. Now I am excited to try to get my hands on the Fir modules. Especially for the Red module that apparently keeps the spaciousness but still has more bass presence compared to the MX.
The U12T keeps impressing in every way. With all these module options, it is so versatile. It seems that a lot of the IEMS in the signature might have go up in the classifieds in the near future. The U12T covers so many options.

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #22,144 of 23,563
Thank you guys for posting all this information in regards to the modules. I think I am still in the honeymoon phase with the used pair of U12T that I picked up a few weeks ago. The set came with the MX attached and I fell in love with the spaciousness and clarity that it presented. I was afraid to even try the other modules because previous posts here said the M15 and M20 were just too bassy and shrank the space too much. Today I finally tried the M15 and I have to say I am very satisfied with the sound. The bass is a bit more present, the space does not seem to be affected, and only the mids are TINY bit more recessed. I think it is a small trade-off. Now I am excited to try to get my hands on the Fir modules. Especially for the Red module that apparently keeps the spaciousness but still has more bass presence compared to the MX.
The U12T keeps impressing in every way. With all these module options, it is so versatile. It seems that a lot of the IEMS in the signature might have go up in the classifieds in the near future. The U12T covers so many options.
Agree, the best allrounder ive ever heard. Its smoothness, imaging, space, bass are all addictive. Im having them in my ears for 4-6h everyday and cant stop listening.
There is also another great thing about them- they dont need any fancy source to play their best. Im now enjoying them with the Fiio M15s, well it can be called fancy when compared to the cheaper daps or dongles but i honestly dont hear any difference when compared to my dongles or old Pioneer 300r. They scale with dynamics but overall sound quality is almost the same.
With the Fiio and All to DSD enabled im getting a life like imaging and separation, fantasting pairing.

Jun 10, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #22,145 of 23,563
I prefer the M15 over the other two. The MX is wide and open, but the sense of depth is somewhat reduced, making U12t more “wall of sound”, which I don’t like. M20 is just meh. It’s like all the good thing about U12t has been sucked out.

I’m quite curious about the M12 module from U4S.

I just had a session with U12t, powered my Shanling M6U + Topping G5. The vastness of the soundstage when listening to the soundtracks from the elder scrolls online is just mesmerising.

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #22,146 of 23,563
Im now enjoying them with the Fiio M15s, well it can be called fancy when compared to the cheaper daps or dongles but i honestly dont hear any difference when compared to my dongles or old Pioneer 300r
I once used U12t to review DAC/amp. Never again. The LID circuit inside U12t works so well that it was a nightmare to pick out the differences in A/B tests (unless you use them with very very bad phone output)

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #22,147 of 23,563
I purchased the U4s a few days ago and I love it. To my ears, they're a slightly colored U12t with a more intimate soundstage and a more organic bass. The U12t is still the better all-rounder with better technicalities and less fatigue, but the U4s fits my personal preferences slightly better.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #22,148 of 23,563
I purchased the U4s a few days ago and I love it. To my ears, they're a slightly colored U12t with a more intimate soundstage and a more organic bass. The U12t is still the better all-rounder with better technicalities and less fatigue, but the U4s fits my personal preferences slightly better.
Welcome to the club! How do you like the new M12 module with the U4s? And have you used it on your U12t?

Jun 13, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #22,149 of 23,563
Welcome to the club! How do you like the new M12 module with the U4s? And have you used it on your U12t?
Thanks! I used it on my U12t first and the bass level is perfect. I haven’t used it on the U4s yet because I’m enjoying the DD bass.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #22,150 of 23,563
Thanks! I used it on my U12t first and the bass level is perfect. I haven’t used it on the U4s yet because I’m enjoying the DD bass.
Yeah , that DD bass is very addictive 😅

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #22,151 of 23,563
IMG_4214.jpeg

Got a new cable to match the U4S
Im currently on a bussiness trip to Singapore so i ordered a cable from a local cable maker that I bought several times before.
Its a Null Audio Lune MKVII , requested for the metalware to be changed to dark blue anodized to match the U4S.

But thenni realised i forgot to bring my U4S with me 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #22,153 of 23,563
Jun 14, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #22,154 of 23,563
IMG_4214.jpeg

Got a new cable to match the U4S
Im currently on a bussiness trip to Singapore so i ordered a cable from a local cable maker that I bought several times before.
Its a Null Audio Lune MKVII , requested for the metalware to be changed to dark blue anodized to match the U4S.

But thenni realised i forgot to bring my U4S with me 🤦🏻‍♂️
I got the exact same came for my U12T lol 👍🏻

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #22,155 of 23,563
I got the exact same came for my U12T lol 👍🏻
How is the pairing ? compared to the stock cable ?
I bought this because i need the 4.4 balance connector and also because of the matchiness of the colour 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back