The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 5, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #21,932 of 23,668
I have the same issue with U4s fitting. Ive tried a few eartips on M size (including cp145 and W1) and after pushing them had and wiggling them right and left i manage to get an ok-ish seal.
However, after some time, when ears become warmer and more oily, they start to feel very loose on my left ear. Ive also tried larger eartips, where they get a better seal but they stand too far from the ear canal.
Not sure if youve found any nicer tips by now, but in the upcoming days im expecting cp100 and softears uc to try out as well / update.

Weirdly, I did find the best fitting tips (for me at least) earlier today and it was one I thought I would try just for the hell of it. Its tips for my Samsung Buds Pro 2 by AZLA, the thing with these is that they are short and it seems to make the difference. I don't find that they gradually and slowly push out of my ear canal in time, which pretty much all other ones I have tried so far appear to. I figure on that basis I might get a set of AZLA Sednafit Shorts if I decide to try another tip out.

Attachments

• 20230505_171839.jpg
    20230505_171839.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #21,933 of 23,668
I would like to try again 64audio.
When I had the u12t I found them boring as well. I was eying the Trio but your comment about highs is pushing me back.
I'm left with u4s and u6t . Frequency response chart are pretty similar.
I can get u6t for a cheaper price than u4s... Dilemma...
I own the Trio and I’m also sensitive to highs. I use Symbio F foam tips and I find this really calms down the Trio’s high end, leaving me able to enjoy what the Trio has to offer.

I also find that the Trio pairs well with an SPC cable and I’m currently using the Effect Audio Cadmus with it.

May 5, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #21,934 of 23,668
I would like to try again 64audio.
When I had the u12t I found them boring as well. I was eying the Trio but your comment about highs is pushing me back.
I'm left with u4s and u6t . Frequency response chart are pretty similar.
I can get u6t for a cheaper price than u4s... Dilemma...

Many say U6t is a "mini" 12t, so If a happen to find 12t boring I would pass 6t. U4s looks more "fun", but less technical than those 2.

back when I had Duo, I remember thinking that going from 12t to duo was like going from an studio to a small venue. Studio is controlled, detailed and narrow. small stage to be more open and less detailed.
A/U12t is far and away the most technical of the 3, it's very obvious to me going back and forth with 6t. 12t has about the most perfectly spherical soundstage I've ever heard coupled with excellent detail retrieval, instrument placement, and remarkable sub-bass extension. For me, 12t is only 'boring' in that it just about perfectly renders whatever you are listening to in it's most natural state absent of much colouration, which lets me hear deeply into how the music was written and performed. This kind of listening I do not find boring at all, and if I do want some colour, well I've got that covered elsewhere.

I heard 4s to be very similar to 6t, although perhaps a bit more U-shaped with a slightly more emphasised sub-bass, whereas I find 6t to be just a bit warmer in the lower mids. My preference leans more toward the 6t, but 4s is very much it's equal, just with that tilt more toward sub-bass.

May 5, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #21,935 of 23,668
A/U12t is far and away the most technical of the 3, it's very obvious to me going back and forth with 6t. 12t has about the most perfectly spherical soundstage I've ever heard coupled with excellent detail retrieval, instrument placement, and remarkable sub-bass extension. For me, 12t is only 'boring' in that it just about perfectly renders whatever you are listening to in it's most natural state absent of much colouration, which lets me hear deeply into how the music was written and performed. This kind of listening I do not find boring at all, and if I do want some colour, well I've got that covered elsewhere.

I heard 4s to be very similar to 6t, although perhaps a bit more U-shaped with a slightly more emphasised sub-bass, whereas I find 6t to be just a bit warmer in the lower mids. My preference leans more toward the 6t, but 4s is very much it's equal, just with that tilt more toward sub-bass.
I appreciate your thoughts on the A/U12t.
Which module do you use with it?

May 5, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #21,936 of 23,668
I appreciate your thoughts on the A/U12t.
Which module do you use with it?
I prefer M15, I find 12t bass enough at that level, while keeping the stage width. M20 is bassier, but the stage narrows a bit for a more intimate kind of presentation. I have MX that came with the U6t, but haven't spent much time with it tbh...

May 5, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #21,937 of 23,668
I have the same issue with U4s fitting. Ive tried a few eartips on M size (including cp145 and W1) and after pushing them had and wiggling them right and left i manage to get an ok-ish seal.
However, after some time, when ears become warmer and more oily, they start to feel very loose on my left ear. Ive also tried larger eartips, where they get a better seal but they stand too far from the ear canal.
Not sure if youve found any nicer tips by now, but in the upcoming days im expecting cp100 and softears uc to try out as well / update.
I think you can try Azla Sedna Light size L. The Widest I have in my ear tips collection.

May 6, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #21,939 of 23,668
I broke pins twice in a year on my U12t. They were gone soon after.

May 7, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #21,942 of 23,668
For anyone who is sensitive to highs, good news! Wait a few years until your mid 40's and then you won't be so sensitive anymore :beyersmile: .

Ask me how I know. :L3000:
i’m joining soon lol.

May 7, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #21,943 of 23,668
For anyone who is sensitive to highs, good news! Wait a few years until your mid 40's and then you won't be so sensitive anymore :beyersmile: .

i’m joining soon lol.
Once you reach there! a whole new world of bright iems and headphones open up to you! It's like re-discovering the hobby all over again!

May 7, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #21,944 of 23,668
Can only locate one ' real world ' photo of the purple abalone, posted by 64 on social media channels

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrtFiTYM4EG/?img_index=1

@64Audio there is a UK retailer offering digital impressions. I can recall forum discussion from some time back asking whether digital technology captures the same extent of information as traditional physical moulds (for example ear canal depth?). For 64 as a manufacturer, is there a difference between digital impressions or (scans of) physical impressions?

P.S. 64 already have a scan of my physical impressions on file so have no stake in the answer either way

May 7, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #21,945 of 23,668

I’m past my 40’s and I’m still sensitive to highs 😓🥺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back