The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 21, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #21,558 of 23,720
Hi
I bought a u12t and would like to change the cable in them. Could you please help me with some advice?
Unfortunately, I can only choose from three brands because others are not sold in my shop: Effect Audio, Eletech, Plussound. Two price ranges. Around $500 and $1000.

I've ordered 2 cables from Plussound for the u12t. An X series, which I presently use and like a lot, and an exo series, which is on the way. Both were well under what you're willing to spend. Company has excellent communication and are easy to deal with, cable construction is good. And I wanted to modify an element of the newer cable I'm getting (move the splitter down a foot), that was no issue for them to do. The sound is really spectacular (I LOVE the U12t) but I really couldn't compare it to the sound from the OG cable... I don't have it here and assume it would be very similar or the same anyway. I'm sure if you spend hundreds more dollars the cables might feel a bit more "premium" in the connectors or whatever but for the cost I'm very happy and would buy from them again (and did).

You can see a pic with the X series cord here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...a-technologies.826606/page-1433#post-17256371

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #21,559 of 23,720
I've ordered 2 cables from Plussound for the u12t. An X series, which I presently use and like a lot, and an exo series, which is on the way. Both were well under what you're willing to spend. Company has excellent communication and are easy to deal with, cable construction is good. And I wanted to modify an element of the newer cable I'm getting (move the splitter down a foot), that was no issue for them to do. The sound is really spectacular (I LOVE the U12t) but I really couldn't compare it to the sound from the OG cable... I don't have it here and assume it would be very similar or the same anyway. I'm sure if you spend hundreds more dollars the cables might feel a bit more "premium" in the connectors or whatever but for the cost I'm very happy and would buy from them again (and did).

You can see a pic with the X series cord here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...a-technologies.826606/page-1433#post-17256371
I guess it's pure copper? IMO for U12t suits me Silver+Gold, GPS or most pleased Tri-Silver :thumbsup: I've got PS cables too. It's the best way...

Hi
I bought a u12t and would like to change the cable in them. Could you please help me with some advice?
Unfortunately, I can only choose from three brands because others are not sold in my shop: Effect Audio, Eletech, Plussound. Two price ranges. Around $500 and $1000.
Audeos? I paired my iems with Ego Audio Gin :heart_eyes:

Dec 21, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #21,560 of 23,720
Hi
After I got my 64 Audio Tia Trio I almost threw them in the trash. Sound was so bad! Then I got these cables. Totally saved my ears from the atrocious stock sound of the Trio. Now the Trio sound amazing!

On a serious note: My advice is to not spend more than $100 on cables unless you REALLY like the way they look. I use the above **** cables on all my IEMs because they are not too blingy, because I am not a blingy guy. They look very nice and feel way better than the stock cables which are a little stiff and janky. If you cannot receive Amazon shipments, can you receive AliExpress? Several **** or Tripowin cables are available on AE for very good prices and shipping is pretty quick as well. Good luck with your purchase.

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #21,561 of 23,720
I guess it's pure copper? IMO for U12t suits me Silver+Gold, GPS or most pleased Tri-Silver :thumbsup: I've got PS cables too. It's the best way...

Yeah, pure copper, besides the gold-plated connectors. Like (apparently) @04gto above, to be honest I'm skeptical that with a high quality wire the type of metal makes a difference. It's digital informaion passing through a wire. That said I'd read that copper is reputed to be warmer, which suits my taste anyway. The new one I ordered is copper as well.

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #21,562 of 23,720
Yeah, pure copper, besides the gold-plated connectors. Like (apparently) @04gto above, to be honest I'm skeptical that with a high quality wire the type of metal makes a difference. It's digital informaion passing through a wire. That said I'd read that copper is reputed to be warmer, which suits my taste anyway. The new one I ordered is copper as well.
No, it's an analog signal. :rolling_eyes::thinking:

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #21,563 of 23,720
No, it's an analog signal. :rolling_eyes::thinking:
I dont think it matters. From what Ive seen, in blind tests people cant tell a cheap wire from a super premium one... often even rate it better. :rolling_eyes::thinking:

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #21,564 of 23,720
I dont think it matters. From what Ive seen, in blind tests people cant tell a cheap wire from a super premium one... often even rate it better. :rolling_eyes::thinking:
Hunh???? Of course it matters!! Digital signals absolutely DO NOT traverse a cable from the headphone jack to the IEM, it is ANALOG!!

It's digital informaion passing through a wire.
No. Just, No. Through a USB cable Yes. But not your IEM cables.

Look, I am neither a skeptic nor a cable 'believer', as I haven't had the chance to try any high-end cables, so I'm not tying to make any point about cables affecting SQ.
However, we have to get the basics of how our gear works correct, is all I'm saying.

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #21,565 of 23,720
Hunh???? Of course it matters!! Digital signals absolutely DO NOT traverse a cable from the headphone jack to the IEM, it is ANALOG!!

No. Just, No. Through a USB cable Yes. But not your IEM cables.

Look, I am neither a skeptic nor a cable 'believer', as I haven't had the chance to try any high-end cables, so I'm not tying to make any point about cables affecting SQ.
However, we have to get the basics of how our gear works correct, is all I'm saying.

Take a chill pill. I didn't mean that analog and digital are the same thing, obviously they aren't. I meant that my point remains the same, I'm inclined to believe that whether or not a copper or silver or silver plated gold copper sprinkled wire is used, the sound quality is the same. What I've seen of blind tests seems to back that up. Could it be wrong? Sure, it's just a friendly opinion, shared by a lot of people. No reason to go the ALL CAPS and NO JUST NO route. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #21,566 of 23,720
Take a chill pill. I didn't mean that analog and digital are the same thing, obviously they aren't. I meant that my point remains the same, I'm inclined to believe that whether or not a copper or silver or silver plated gold copper sprinkled wire is used, the sound quality is the same. What I've seen of blind tests seems to back that up. Could it be wrong? Sure, it's just a friendly opinion, shared by a lot of people. No reason to go the ALL CAPS and NO JUST NO route. :relaxed:
That is so funny I can hear the difference in cables and others can't. I kind of feel sorry for them. :slight_frown::weary::wink:

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #21,567 of 23,720
I'm so chill I'm about to freeze over.
You are more than welcome to believe what you hear or don't hear when it comes to headphone and IEM cables. But please don't confuse digital and analog signal paths as if they are the same thing.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #21,568 of 23,720
:relaxed:
I'm so chill I'm about to freeze over.
You are more than welcome to believe what you hear or don't hear when it comes to headphone and IEM cables. But please don't confuse digital and analog signal paths as if they are the same thing.

You don't sound chill, I wonder how many times someone needs to acknowledge an error to satisfy you? Yes it is ANALOG, not DIGITAL. OK? Relax. Peace.

Dec 26, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #21,569 of 23,720
Sound review of the "HiBy RS6-->Effect Audio Grandioso cable-->64 Audio Trio" chain

Music Source:
TIDAL

Music I listen to: All kinds. Naming a few artists - Aerosmith, GNR, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, U2, Pink Floyd, Snowy White (The White Flames), By The Coast, Leif Vollebekk, Etta James, Daughtry, Billy Joel, Cranberries, Coldplay, Sting/Police, Chris Stapleton, Forest Blakk, Freya Ridings, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, The Script, Khalid, Ella Vos, Eminem, Dino James, MC Boy, Adele, Alok, JP Cooper, Lauren Daigle, Mohammed Rafi, Bappi Lahiri, Punjabi, Bilal Saeed, Arijit Singh, Jasleen Royal, Sona Mohapatra, When Chai Met Toast.

Reference link for terms used in the ‘Sound Quality’ section: https://www.headphonesty.com/sound-description-glossary/

Intro: RS6- this is a very versatile DAP! It works great with all my gear. I am yet to find something that it doesn't work well with. Effect Audio Grandioso cable- (text taken from HPZ) “The EA Grandioso is a hybrid cable built with ultra-purity OCC pure copper and pure silver materials in an upgraded geometric design. It intensifies every bit of detail and delivers a superior and dynamic music experience”. 64 Audio Trio- I think that the way the 64 Audio website describes the Trio is 200% accurate - "The perfect in-ear monitor for listeners looking for the sweet spot between reference-level clarity and a smooth sound signature for extended listening. The Trió is a great earphone for audiophiles seeking a clear, laid back, 3D sound in any genre."

I prefer a V-shaped sound and a hybrid IEM setup. I almost always stay away from all BA IEMs (no matter how good they are) as they are just not fun enough for me. Hence, I chose the Trio over the (probably more popular) U12t.

Sound quality: The first terms that come to my mind here are – coherent, accurate, natural, airy, bright (but never ever sibilant), extremely well separated with a realistic soundstage, very easy on the ears making for looooong listening sessions with no fatigue, quite detailed and analytical yet fun (perfect balance here).

This setup comes across as a very good combination/chain as the RS6’s natural R2R sound is supported very nicely by the Grandioso and Trio. Everything sounds natural and just right to me. If there is any sound coloring going on at all, it is probably very little and done very tastefully. Thus, when I go from track to track or artist to artist, the chain just adapts to the nature of the music and moves along comfortably. It is impressive really.

Coming to the Trio- this is an IEM that I absolutely adore. The saying “Less is more” is so true here. Just 3 drivers (2 BAs and 1 DD) but they each do what they’re supposed to do with nothing less than excellence. I understand that some of these adjectives do not usually go with each other but, I find the sound to be airy, well separated, relaxed, fun, analytical, and articulate.

Bass- very much present but well-controlled with no bleeding. It’s thumpy (when needed), tight, fun, and punchy! Note that I am not a bass head but definitely enjoy a thumpy, punchy, and tight bass when it’s needed! 😊

Mids- it’s all coherent and clear here. Both, male and female vocals sound natural, lush, and full-bodied. It's not a mid-forward or mid-dominating presentation but it is a more natural, better-balanced representation with respect to the treble and bass. After hearing the sound over this Grandioso cable, I think it does better justice to the mids than the stock cable. The vocals are definitely ‘more present’ now when one considers the entire sound spectrum being heard. Surely though, there would be IEMs that have more forward vocals in comparison thus letting one hear some more intricacies of the vocals. If someone asks me for a negative aspect of the Trio, I’d say this is perhaps the only and very slight negative.

Highs- energetic, airy, extended, and revealing highs but never harsh, sibilant, or fatiguing (at least on this chain). One could say they’re rounded and hence not piercing. Overall, treble is very well represented. The Trio already does an excellent job here and the Grandioso cable just added some more oomph and airiness to it thus taking it to the next level. Even though the treble is improved and airier (as compared to the stock cable), I did not find it sibilant. I could say that it now reaches closer to the edge but still doesn't step over.

Separation- is very noticeable and much better with the Grandioso cable. I think the airiness helps here as each instrument/sound is now clearer and better separated than it was with the stock cable.

Conclusion- This is an excellent chain and one that can be enjoyed for a long time. It sounds very natural and complete while being very well-separated and detailed but fun and non-fatiguing at the same time. I could throw any kind of music at it and be assured that it will handle it with ease and finesse.

RS6-Trio.jpg

Dec 26, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #21,570 of 23,720
Sound review of the "HiBy RS6-->Effect Audio Grandioso cable-->64 Audio Trio" chain

Music Source:
TIDAL

Music I listen to: All kinds. Naming a few artists - Aerosmith, GNR, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, U2, Pink Floyd, Snowy White (The White Flames), By The Coast, Leif Vollebekk, Etta James, Daughtry, Billy Joel, Cranberries, Coldplay, Sting/Police, Chris Stapleton, Forest Blakk, Freya Ridings, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, The Script, Khalid, Ella Vos, Eminem, Dino James, MC Boy, Adele, Alok, JP Cooper, Lauren Daigle, Mohammed Rafi, Bappi Lahiri, Punjabi, Bilal Saeed, Arijit Singh, Jasleen Royal, Sona Mohapatra, When Chai Met Toast.

Reference link for terms used in the ‘Sound Quality’ section: https://www.headphonesty.com/sound-description-glossary/

Intro: RS6- this is a very versatile DAP! It works great with all my gear. I am yet to find something that it doesn't work well with. Effect Audio Grandioso cable- (text taken from HPZ) “The EA Grandioso is a hybrid cable built with ultra-purity OCC pure copper and pure silver materials in an upgraded geometric design. It intensifies every bit of detail and delivers a superior and dynamic music experience”. 64 Audio Trio- I think that the way the 64 Audio website describes the Trio is 200% accurate - "The perfect in-ear monitor for listeners looking for the sweet spot between reference-level clarity and a smooth sound signature for extended listening. The Trió is a great earphone for audiophiles seeking a clear, laid back, 3D sound in any genre."

I prefer a V-shaped sound and a hybrid IEM setup. I almost always stay away from all BA IEMs (no matter how good they are) as they are just not fun enough for me. Hence, I chose the Trio over the (probably more popular) U12t.

Sound quality: The first terms that come to my mind here are – coherent, accurate, natural, airy, bright (but never ever sibilant), extremely well separated with a realistic soundstage, very easy on the ears making for looooong listening sessions with no fatigue, quite detailed and analytical yet fun (perfect balance here).

This setup comes across as a very good combination/chain as the RS6’s natural R2R sound is supported very nicely by the Grandioso and Trio. Everything sounds natural and just right to me. If there is any sound coloring going on at all, it is probably very little and done very tastefully. Thus, when I go from track to track or artist to artist, the chain just adapts to the nature of the music and moves along comfortably. It is impressive really.

Coming to the Trio- this is an IEM that I absolutely adore. The saying “Less is more” is so true here. Just 3 drivers (2 BAs and 1 DD) but they each do what they’re supposed to do with nothing less than excellence. I understand that some of these adjectives do not usually go with each other but, I find the sound to be airy, well separated, relaxed, fun, analytical, and articulate.

Bass- very much present but well-controlled with no bleeding. It’s thumpy (when needed), tight, fun, and punchy! Note that I am not a bass head but definitely enjoy a thumpy, punchy, and tight bass when it’s needed! 😊

Mids- it’s all coherent and clear here. Both, male and female vocals sound natural, lush, and full-bodied. It's not a mid-forward or mid-dominating presentation but it is a more natural, better-balanced representation with respect to the treble and bass. After hearing the sound over this Grandioso cable, I think it does better justice to the mids than the stock cable. The vocals are definitely ‘more present’ now when one considers the entire sound spectrum being heard. Surely though, there would be IEMs that have more forward vocals in comparison thus letting one hear some more intricacies of the vocals. If someone asks me for a negative aspect of the Trio, I’d say this is perhaps the only and very slight negative.

Highs- energetic, airy, extended, and revealing highs but never harsh, sibilant, or fatiguing (at least on this chain). One could say they’re rounded and hence not piercing. Overall, treble is very well represented. The Trio already does an excellent job here and the Grandioso cable just added some more oomph and airiness to it thus taking it to the next level. Even though the treble is improved and airier (as compared to the stock cable), I did not find it sibilant. I could say that it now reaches closer to the edge but still doesn't step over.

Separation- is very noticeable and much better with the Grandioso cable. I think the airiness helps here as each instrument/sound is now clearer and better separated than it was with the stock cable.

Conclusion- This is an excellent chain and one that can be enjoyed for a long time. It sounds very natural and complete while being very well-separated and detailed but fun and non-fatiguing at the same time. I could throw any kind of music at it and be assured that it will handle it with ease and finesse.

RS6-Trio.jpg
Good write up. It’s nice to see some appreciation for the Trio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back