The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 11, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #19,891 of 23,565
I'd personally take the U12t with the new logo honestly. Not a big fan of the 1960s even though it's a very well reviewed cable, and by this point it's pretty outdated Imo. Would much rather get some mid-priced silver instead
The two years old U12t actually comes with the new logo but without the mX module. Maybe it isn't two years old afterall :smile_phones:
To add to that, you have at least 1year -5 hours of warranty left :)
Yes warranty is a good point!

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #19,892 of 23,565
The two years old U12t actually comes with the new logo but without the mX module. Maybe it isn't two years old afterall :smile_phones:

Yes warranty is a good point!
Not a big fan of the mx module on the A12t or A18S personally. Becomes too transparent and bass light for me.

If the condition of the 2 year old U12t is good/excellent.. you might as well take the 1960s I guess, but to me it kinda suffocates the upper treble. From experience 64 tend to be very reasonable with prices for repairs, so either way you should be covered - also their IEMs are built like tanks, they have had some QC issues here and there, but once you get something that doesn't have any issues, it's very unlikely that something goes wrong with it Imo

Have used my 64 stuff for years without any trouble

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #19,893 of 23,565
64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Apr 11, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #19,894 of 23,565
If anyone's interested in more of the story behind Tia, checkout our blog post here. We're probably going to be doing a deeper dive, similar to this one, on all of our other proprietary/patented pieces of tech like Apex, LID, and 3D Fit. Stay tuned.

https://blog.64audio.com/the-story-of-tubeless-in-ear-audio-tia/
Enjoyed reading it
Actually my buddy just received his Fourté minutes ago
And we have a close matching personal sound preference
So waiting on his 'ears' ... 😉👌

Apr 11, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #19,895 of 23,565
Hi all! Proud new owner of u12t, here. Trying to catch-up with the thread but 1300+ pages is kind of too much 😅 - Any recommendation in terms of balanced cable? Much appreciated!

Apr 12, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #19,897 of 23,565
Hi all! Proud new owner of u12t, here. Trying to catch-up with the thread but 1300+ pages is kind of too much 😅 - Any recommendation in terms of balanced cable? Much appreciated!
I'm using a 50 buck Tripowin 2.5mm cable from Linsoul. Does what it says on the box.

Edit to add - Most importantly, no damn memory wire.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #19,898 of 23,565
I'm using a 50 buck Tripowin 2.5mm cable from Linsoul. Does what it says on the box.

Edit to add - Most importantly, no damn memory wire.
Lovely, thanks! I did not want to invest ,more than what the U12T have costed me, in the cable :beyersmile:

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #19,899 of 23,565
I just got an Eletech Fortitude. No memory wire, great suppleness. I've got some SPC graphene cables from XINHS on the way to compare. Should be a fair bit better since U12t seems to like some silver :)

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #19,900 of 23,565
I just got an Eletech Fortitude. No memory wire, great suppleness. I've got some SPC graphene cables from XINHS on the way to compare. Should be a fair bit better since U12t seems to like some silver :)
Thanks! I will be taking a look at them, I am based in the EU so hope I can find some good stuff around without having to enjoy the customs.

Apr 12, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #19,901 of 23,565
Thanks! I will be taking a look at them, I am based in the EU so hope I can find some good stuff around without having to enjoy the customs.
I'm also from EU, aliexpress is mostly customs free or a small amount but it's a lottery. Eletech is avaiable at Audeos for example, which will be customs free for sure :)

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #19,903 of 23,565
the A18s I ordered just came in and i'm currently putting them through their paces. I decided to keep the front plate design super simple this time around. I wanted to mimic 64A's own gold and silver logo options but played a little with negative space to show off the internals and make em pop a little. I'm thoroughly enjoying them so far

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #19,904 of 23,565
Anyone that has the duo can comment on voice calls? with the openback design does it make it more comfortable when speaking?
I havent used them for any voice calls, but I will say that they still isolate, so its not going to be free and open like speaking normally. The more open back design may help with any pressure changes that might arise from moving your mouth though.

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #19,905 of 23,565
I havent used them for any voice calls, but I will say that they still isolate, so its not going to be free and open like speaking normally. The more open back design may help with any pressure changes that might arise from moving your mouth though.
I see thank you, I guess i will have to try it to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back