The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 8, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #19,216 of 23,560
Day 2 of trying out the U12t and, yeah, I don’t think I can make it work with the stock tips. Inserting them wasn’t as painful as the first day but still pretty uncomfortable, and, I can manage to mess up the fit and make them sound really bright if I move them while they’re in my ears so they might not be sitting very securely. When they were sitting right though, they were sounding great…and I think I’m starting to hear why these are better than the Dusks. Cleaner bass, better imaging and separation, actual treble extension and just a smoother sound overall. They handle busier passages much better and don’t sound like they’re breaking up in the lower treble like the Dusks do sometimes, nor do they have that same peak. Pretty brilliant stuff really. I just can’t use them with the stock tips.

I was going to wait until my Spinfits came in tomorrow but I remembered I had a Tin T2 lying around and tried those silicone tips and they seem to work pretty well for the time being. Way better fit and seal but at the cost of a bit of treble air/sparkle.

Edit: Nvm, damn tips got stuck in my ears when I removed the IEMs 😒
I hear you pain… Customs were the solution for me. :)

64a IEMs looks similar but they are all different from each other. Nio was a hard to fit for me. Duo fits alright with stock Spinfit tips, but not the ones that exposes the nozzle.

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #19,217 of 23,560
===
drftr
Even though I don't have mine yet, I give it an 80% chance that will be the reason I will sell them and never ever buy IEMs without a lip on the nozzle again. I have yet to find a reason why there wouldn't be a lip if the nozzle wasn't very wide already. Anyone care to share why this is?
===

I can fully understand this problem. My solution was custom ears TIPS for my Tia Fourte. But even those remained sometimes stuck in my ear - - may be a tribute to the quality of the reproduction of shape of the ear canal :slight_smile: , but not necessarily for the fit to the IEM nozzle :wink: .

One rather pragmatic, but not very elegant option I applied on the above "normal" Custom Ear tips to get them out easier: I sewed a short piece of string to them
( I saw this being done on noise reduction ear plug)

Alternative 2: I got another model from this German manufacturer, which I did not yet fully test however.
https://www.scheinhardt.de/in-ear-monitoring/angepasste-kopfhoerer/kopfhoerer-modelle
(Go to picture 3, 64 Audio - Tia A1 Tzar Custom Sleeves (Version 2)

Regards
Urs

PS: Needless to say : FULL Custom IEMs may probably solve all such problems ??!!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #19,218 of 23,560
Gah so many options lol. I got the CP145 Mediums and hope they’re not too big/uncomfortable. Their smalls looked too small.
Before I move to custom tips, I used to have foam Symbio F on my u12t :thumbsup: Best seal/sound ratio :smiley: Azla, JVC Spiraldot IMO didn't fit because nooze shape...

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #19,219 of 23,560
===
drftr
Even though I don't have mine yet, I give it an 80% chance that will be the reason I will sell them and never ever buy IEMs without a lip on the nozzle again. I have yet to find a reason why there wouldn't be a lip if the nozzle wasn't very wide already. Anyone care to share why this is?
===

I can fully understand this problem. My solution was custom ears TIPS for my Tia Fourte. But even those remained sometimes stuck in my ear - - may be a tribute to the quality of the reproduction of shape of the ear canal :slight_smile: , but not necessarily for the fit to the IEM nozzle :wink: .

One rather pragmatic, but not very elegant option I applied on the above "normal" Custom Ear tips to get them out easier: I sewed a short piece of string to them
( I saw this being done on noise reduction ear plug)

Alternative 2: I got another model from this German manufacturer, which I did not yet fully test however.
https://www.scheinhardt.de/in-ear-monitoring/angepasste-kopfhoerer/kopfhoerer-modelle
(Go to picture 3, 64 Audio - Tia A1 Tzar Custom Sleeves (Version 2)

Regards
Urs

PS: Needless to say : FULL Custom IEMs may probably solve all such problems ??!!
Tnx much for that! I posted a question about custom sleeves elsewhere but never got a response so I'm very happy with your input! I think it would (or at least could) be quite different from the SQ of a CIEM, right? I have never really looked into CIEMs and wonder if that enables the manufacturer to put the end of the tubes or even some of the drivers closer to the ear canal, which obviously isn't happening with custom sleeves. With UIEMs being sonically adjusted for average tip length, width, and possibly material, I wonder whether custom sleeves miss out on the best SQ UIEMs can offer. Anyone able to answer that question?

drftr

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #19,220 of 23,560
Alright I don’t think the CP145 are gonna work. I got the mediums and they seem to just be a little too big and, again, can’t get them to fit right half the time. When right they sound great, otherwise they sound tinny. Meanwhile, I’m actually able to get a more consistent fit now with the stock but they don’t feel as good. And the small CP145 look too small.

So whats next? Azla SednaFit? The different size options with those are appealing. Maybe I need small or medium small. And which ones should I get? Seems there’s different models. Also, I’m beginning to wonder, is my cable the issue? I’m using a Tripowin Zonie, which has a longer stem.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #19,221 of 23,560
Alright I don’t think the CP145 are gonna work. I got the mediums and they seem to just be a little too big and, again, can’t get them to fit right half the time. When right they sound great, otherwise they sound tinny. Meanwhile, I’m actually able to get a more consistent fit now with the stock but they don’t feel as good. And the small CP145 look too small.

So whats next? Azla SednaFit? The different size options with those are appealing. Maybe I need small or medium small. And which ones should I get? Seems there’s different models. Also, I’m beginning to wonder, is my cable the issue? I’m using a Tripowin Zonie, which has a longer stem.
Try Final Audio ear tips (type E) on Amazon. They have a 5 pack of different sizes so you can figure out the correct size plus there are very good tips

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #19,223 of 23,560
I’ve read these darken the sound some? Also cheaper on Audio46 seems
I find they do make bass darker deeper and tighter also you can lose a little in the treble. The thing I'm thinking about for you is the selection of different sizes so you can get the right fit! Also, be aware that some people have 2 different size ear canals.

Jan 8, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #19,224 of 23,560
I find they do make bass darker deeper and tighter also you can lose a little in the treble. The thing I'm thinking about for you is the selection of different sizes so you can get the right fit! Also, be aware that some people have 2 different size ear canals.
You know, between now and the time I’m typing this? I think I’m starting to get used to the stock tips. I’m figuring out how to fit them in my ears properly, they’re staying in place, and not as uncomfortable as they were in the beginning. I might just stick with them for now, but maybe I’ll try some other options in the future. Those Final E and Azla seem to be popular so that’s what I’d try next.

Jan 8, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #19,225 of 23,560

Stock Tips (M), Azla Fit (MS), Azla Fit (M), Azla Fit Short (M), Spinfit CP145 (M), Final Audio Type E (M)

Not sure if this will help but i'd figure at least you can compare the following tips and make a more informed decision.
Tried the CP145 medium but they’re too big and don’t fit well for me at all. Im worried the smalls will be too small. I’m thinking of trying SednaEarFit Light next but I’m not sure if I should go with regular or short? Do you know what they do to the sound? Will probably get medium small size.

Stock medium tips are working better now but still not the most comfortable.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #19,227 of 23,560
Day 2 of trying out the U12t and, yeah, I don’t think I can make it work with the stock tips. Inserting them wasn’t as painful as the first day but still pretty uncomfortable, and, I can manage to mess up the fit and make them sound really bright if I move them while they’re in my ears so they might not be sitting very securely. When they were sitting right though, they were sounding great…and I think I’m starting to hear why these are better than the Dusks. Cleaner bass, better imaging and separation, actual treble extension and just a smoother sound overall. They handle busier passages much better and don’t sound like they’re breaking up in the lower treble like the Dusks do sometimes, nor do they have that same peak. Pretty brilliant stuff really. I just can’t use them with the stock tips.

I was going to wait until my Spinfits came in tomorrow but I remembered I had a Tin T2 lying around and tried those silicone tips and they seem to work pretty well for the time being. Way better fit and seal but at the cost of a bit of treble air/sparkle.

Edit: Nvm, damn tips got stuck in my ears when I removed the IEMs 😒
Had the same situation with the U10s I had a while back and then the nios I recently tried. When I could get them to sit right they sounded amazing... however that was rare. It felt like I tried every single fancy ear tip I could find on Amazon and it never changed much (I think I just have weird ears). Decided to finally bite the bullet on some A12ts and it was the best decision I ever made. I highly recommend doing so too if you can afford it as you get the perfect fit and seal every single time. Reduces the hassle and just allows you to enjoy your audio the way god intended.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #19,228 of 23,560
Had the same situation with the U10s I had a while back and then the nios I recently tried. When I could get them to sit right they sounded amazing... however that was rare. It felt like I tried every single fancy ear tip I could find on Amazon and it never changed much (I think I just have weird ears). Decided to finally bite the bullet on some A12ts and it was the best decision I ever made. I highly recommend doing so too if you can afford it as you get the perfect fit and seal every single time. Reduces the hassle and just allows you to enjoy your audio the way god intended.
Campfire Atlas for me, never could get them to seal properly unless I held them in my ears. I traded them for a different pair of universals. Both the other guy and I were happy: he liked the Atlas' bombastic bass (which I never got to hear due to lack of a decent seal) and I liked the fit and full sound of his "discards". Win-win.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #19,229 of 23,560
I’ve still only had them for a couple days but I think it’s just a matter of getting used to how these fit compared to other IEMs I’ve used because I’m more used to IEMs that are meant to be inserted deep. I think these 64 Audio IEMs are designed to not go that far into your ears and it’s when I keep trying to jam them further than necessary into my ears I start having problems.

Customs sound nice but a little too costly, and I can’t sell them if I decide to try something new. I had to get my U12t’s second hand to be able to afford them, and even paid a hair more than I wanted to but I really wanted them.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #19,230 of 23,560
Tried the CP145 medium but they’re too big and don’t fit well for me at all. Im worried the smalls will be too small. I’m thinking of trying SednaEarFit Light next but I’m not sure if I should go with regular or short? Do you know what they do to the sound? Will probably get medium small size.

Stock medium tips are working better now but still not the most comfortable.
In terms of sound I found that there wasn't much of a difference between the azla and the stock tips. They're both a pretty wide bore and the only reason I went with the Azla is because I wanted a more comfortable tip and size variation. I think the safe bet would be the azla light in MS (11.9mm) or S (11.2mm). As a reference the azla light M is (12.6mm) and SpinFit CP145 is (12.5mm)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back