The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 18, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #18,991 of 23,575
A series use .75mm 2 pin sockets as opposed to the industry standard .78mm on universals… why? No idea :/
Oh, well mine have already been "widened" by the various other .78mm cables I've bought, so it should be okay now :)

Thanks for the info.
Good grief. And I've not seen a .78 to .75 adapter. Anyone?

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #18,992 of 23,575
Good grief. And I've not seen a .78 to .75 adapter. Anyone?
I don't think such an adapter is possible, given the difference is only 0.03mm. It's down to manufacturing tolerance margins at that point. :D

I don't know whether or not this change to 0.75mm was recent, but I've had zero issues cable-rolling my 64 Audio universals. The most recent one I have is the Fourté Noir, so I don't know if they've changed it since then. But, I've also seen a number of photos from 64's Hong Kong dealer showing the Duo with a number of aftermarket cables plugged into it, and they all have the standard 0.78mm plugs on them. So, honestly, even if there has been a change, I don't know if it's that big of a deal. Again, it's mostly down to manufacturing tolerances at that point.

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #18,994 of 23,575
Yeah I wouldn’t stress over the .75mm on A series, .78mm cables fit just fine .. takes a smidge more effort but it’s not really a big deal.
Oh, a slight mistake there on my part. I thought it was the universals that had the odd connector standard. My point still stands, and I've also had absolutely no issues cable-rolling my 64 Audio customs either, the latest of which was the A18s. I only don't have the evidence of the Hong Kong dealer's photos to fall back on this time, but, again, it's likely not gonna be an issue, given how small the difference is.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #18,995 of 23,575
On the topic of cables, just saw that on the 64audio site it says something along the lines of
"The premium silver cable is only usable on our univetsal models". Anyone can verify that and why this might be the reason? My customs are also non-recessed (so is the premium cable afaik), so what could be the problem?
Actually, the issue is not.78 vs.75 but the connector of the silver cable is flat, not CIEM. It won't fit into a CIEM socket.

Edit: sorry, you mentioned your customs being non recessed. Yes, I think the comment on the site refers to the connectors on the cable being non recessed.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #19,000 of 23,575
Actually, the issue is not.78 vs.75 but the connector of the silver cable is flat, not CIEM. It won't fit into a CIEM socket.

Edit: sorry, you mentioned your customs being non recessed. Yes, I think the comment on the site refers to the connectors on the cable being non recessed.
Some are recessed some aren’t. The A18S and the A18t are generally a little harder to build with recessed sockets because of the amount of components inside. I generally much prefer their recessed sockets though, cables fit so snug in them

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #19,001 of 23,575
Hi Everyone, we're running our Black Friday Promo from now through Cyber Monday.

Custom IEMs:
10% off Base Price A3t-A6t
20% off Base Price N8-A18s

Universal IEMs-
B-Stock UIEMs are 30% off original price (normally 20%)
Free Pearl Premium Cable ($199) with any UIEM order (U6t/Duo/Nio cable in a Pearl color. Black also available to purchase on the site)

Free 2-Day Shipping on all Domestic IEM orders
Ends November 29th
No Promo Code Needed
Does not stack with other discounts

BF2021-Lineup.jpg

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Nov 22, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #19,002 of 23,575
Where are we with the new products teased earlier this year? I believe we got two out of three? Anything in the pipeline anytime soon?

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #19,003 of 23,575
Where are we with the new products teased earlier this year? I believe we got two out of three? Anything in the pipeline anytime soon?
Obviously the anwser is to get an A12t :p

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #19,005 of 23,575
Those B-stock are quite tempting… (I need to keep telling myself to not fall for the temptation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back