The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #18,122 of 23,556
Look great, but calling out the handcrafted bit as I thought they were 3-d printed?
The shells are 3D printed but each IEM is hand-assembled. And it's quite an artisinal job too (U18s in the video below but all 64 Audio IEMs follow a similar process):

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #18,123 of 23,556
A while back I posted in here about using CIEMs in the gym (I think it was here?). I spent my workout today with the A12t instead of my AirPod Pro’s and it was absolutely incredible. The only annoying part was a silly choice I made myself by going for a 64” cable and not the smaller 48?“ one 64 audio provides, so it had a bit too much slack and I had to wrap some of it up in my pocket. I’ll probably just order the shorter one. I did notice a little bit of air interfering with the music (because of APEX I assume) if I stood directly in front of a fan but it was nothing a little click on the volume couldn’t drown out :wink:

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #18,124 of 23,556
A12t bests APP…confirmed?

🌚

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #18,125 of 23,556
Rantng,
"I will update with pics shortly" - PLEASE , Do send such pics.:thumbsup:
I'm still looking for different models of such "Full-Ear-Mold -" * samples. (*for lack of a better word)

Regards
Urs
944507DC-4C4F-43CC-B8C5-23EC219D5826.jpeg60436000-D8BC-4380-9DE8-929D7A379895.jpegF3994F9A-4D89-4CBF-B8CC-5AC6893DB271.jpeg4D526E91-4ADF-49AB-B24E-DFADC6045715.jpeg0888B85E-767B-466B-8A47-26E00E07C61A.jpeg

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #18,126 of 23,556
They sound virtually identical to me. I do hear the U12t with azla sedna short light tips to have maybe a TINY bit more bass as those tips tend to enhance the low end, but other than that I can’t notice any differences. I was going into the A12t expecting them to be warmer/darker than the U12t, so the fact that I can’t hear any noticeable differences from the upper mids and highs is a great plus for me. I’m really happy with the outcome. Now I can’t say that this will be for everyone, there was a difference to me between the U and A18s but I sent 64audio different scans for the A12t, perhaps that made the difference? I don’t know.
Yup, different or better scans sure make a difference. I'd sent Custom Art direct 3D scans (Lantos) but had ADV scan from a mold. And the ADV tips are better, due, I've come to believe, to the limitations of a direct 3D scan. Or else the more enveloping sleeve really makes a difference compared with Custom Art's much smaller tip. Would have to get the same scans to Custom Art to really know.... Good luck with your new A12t. :)
I have silicone earplugs from CA & ADV, both using the same digital files. The ADV earplugs are more comfortable while also providing a better seal/isolation. The Custom Art earplugs look like solid CIEMs, but with most of the material trimmed off, while the ADV earplugs are more like traditional custom earplugs. (I will update with pics shortly). I aslo opted for the shot-filled earplugs from CA, but I’m not sure if that’s what I received. Anyway, I would have thought the thicker body (along with the shot) would mean better isolation/attenuation from the Custom Art plugs, but I actually get a better seal & fit from the ADV plugs. Not sure if there was any post-processing work done by Custom Art, but as soon as ADV runs another promo/sale I will be ordering a second set of earplugs from them. Different manufacturers have different methods/standards of fit, so even with the same files/scans/impressions, you may experience different levels of fit/seal/comfort. I’ve used the same digital files for CIEMs as well and find this to be true.
Where the direct 3D Lantos scan had a problem was the wider area outside the ear canal, which ADV needs but Custom Art doesn't. When I told Custom Art there was missing information outside the ear canal they advised not to worry, that the canal information would be fine. So I'm thinking now the scans sent to Custom Art were fine and, based on your comment Rantng, the difference in sound is due to the larger size and better seal of the ADVs. Now, referring to the shot-filled plugs from Custom Art, you say you're not sure that's what you received -- because they're not clear or translucent, I assume (?). But the presumably shot-filled body is thicker? I'm trying to think how this can be. Nevertheless, I'm now leaning strongly to ADV plugs from here on. Sounds like you are, too. :)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #18,127 of 23,556
Hifi headphones stock them and have 3 in stock.
UK is not part of Europe anymore. I used to buy a lot from hifiheadphones uk before brexit, not anymore due to custom and vat charges. 1299 pounds means 1450+ eur plus around 300+ eur in vat/customs. 1750+ eur for a 1299 usd iem plus big delays in delivery due to customs etc.…:) And the couple of 64 audio authorized online shops in EU don’t stock them (u18s for example were never stocked, who knows if the u6t will be). It seems that 64 Audio heavily focused distribution only on UK at the time (6-7 distributors there).
Not the best idea IMO

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #18,128 of 23,556
A while back I posted in here about using CIEMs in the gym (I think it was here?). I spent my workout today with the A12t instead of my AirPod Pro’s and it was absolutely incredible. The only annoying part was a silly choice I made myself by going for a 64” cable and not the smaller 48?“ one 64 audio provides, so it had a bit too much slack and I had to wrap some of it up in my pocket. I’ll probably just order the shorter one. I did notice a little bit of air interfering with the music (because of APEX I assume) if I stood directly in front of a fan but it was nothing a little click on the volume couldn’t drown out :wink:
Get some Bluetooth adapter like the fiio uts 3s for gym? Might be a bit of a bottle neck normally but doubt you’d notice in that situation.

Aug 8, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #18,129 of 23,556
UK is not part of Europe anymore. I used to buy a lot from hifiheadphones uk before brexit, not anymore due to custom and vat charges. 1299 pounds means 1450+ eur plus around 300+ eur in vat/customs. 1750+ eur for a 1299 usd iem plus big delays in delivery due to customs etc.…:) And the couple of 64 audio authorized online shops in EU don’t stock them (u18s for example were never stocked, who knows if the u6t will be). It seems that 64 Audio heavily focused distribution only on UK at the time (6-7 distributors there).
Not the best idea IMO
Yeah, as you say it sucks. Hifiheadphones have stopped listing customs in general anyway, so unless we are prepared to pay through the nose it more limited than it was.

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #18,130 of 23,556
Rantng,
Thanks for the colorful :wink: pics
Are these for different persons or different IEM models ?

Regards
Urs

Aug 8, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #18,132 of 23,556
The blue & white earplugs are the Custom Art ones, the dark grey are the ADV earplugs.
Wait, the blue and white are Custom Art? They're larger than the grey ADV! In this pic, the green tips are Custom Art, the clear is ADV.

Attachments

• CA vs ADV.jpg
    CA vs ADV.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #18,133 of 23,556
Wait, the blue and white are Custom Art? They're larger than the grey ADV! In this pic, the green tips are Custom Art, the clear is ADV.
My pics are of earplugs, not custom tips. My post was mainly addressing another user's comment of how molds may be better than 3D scans. I was commenting on how different manufacturers have different methods/implementations of digital files/molds to make their final product. Both the Custom Art & ADV earplugs were made using the same digital files, but fit & final product differ.

Ambient Acoustics (https://ambient-acoustics.ua/eng/in...tips-for-in-earphones-and-headsets-2-pcs.html) also makes custom tips for IEMs; they offer them in silicone & acrylic. Depending on the IEM, the custom tips are almost seamless and appear to be the closest you can get to a custom fit without going custom. I haven't tried them myself, but you can check out their IG page for photos.

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #18,134 of 23,556
Sorry for replying twice. Posting here so my pic shows for comparison. You mention that the Blue and White are Custom Art, and grey is ADV? In my pic the green are Custom Art, clear is ADV. I'm wondering if Custom Art had an option for a more full tip or sleeve than the small tips I got from them?

Attachments

• CA vs ADV.jpg
    CA vs ADV.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #18,135 of 23,556
Sorry for replying twice. Posting here so my pic shows for comparison. You mention that the Blue and White are Custom Art, and grey is ADV? In my pic the green are Custom Art, clear is ADV. I'm wondering if Custom Art had an option for a more full tip or sleeve than the small tips I got from them?
The Custom Art tips are much simpler and only meant to fit over the nozzles so you don’t need to swap eartips. As far as I know this is their only option. ADV has a database of scanned universal IEMs so they are able to offer a fuller more custom sleeve. Piotr (Custom Art) only began offering custom tips after requests so it’s cool that he offers this service; he’s quite experienced with silicone CIEMs. The custom earplugs/sleeves are a bigger part of ADV’s core business so it makes sense for them to offer this. Basically Piotr is just a really cool guy willing to work with us difficult & demanding audiophiles. :wink:

Feel free to PM me with additional questions, don’t want this to get too off-topic. Piotr himself is also pretty responsive to inquiries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back