The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 21, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #17,810 of 23,608
Hi guys!
I just got a Trio.
Had some issues with fit as it appears my ears are made for Solaris OG type of IEMs (are my ears huge??? :frowning2: ) but it appears that with the Xelastec I overcame the fit problem.
What would be a great cable upgrade?
You could try the Eletech Plato. I found this to be a really good pairing with the Trio. It was detailed yet musical.

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #17,811 of 23,608
Hi guys
I’m trying to get my first ciem (and prbly the last) and I just want some inputs on a12t. My main iem rn are W80 and EE hero, and i’m not sure if it’s going to be a noticeable upgrade?

I know hero is harshly v-shaped and w80 is kind of an all-rounder, and I thought it would be nice to have an all-rounder ciem with a bit of bass boost, which seemed like a12t is right up my alley.

I listen to various genres- RnB, jazz, rock, J-pop, K-pop, and a little bit of hiphop.
I will demo U12t before I go for a12t, but I heard both sound different from each other?
I am also considering N8 but a12t seems so appealing to me.. not sure why..

wholesome opinions are welcome
Thanks!

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #17,812 of 23,608
Hi guys
I’m trying to get my first ciem (and prbly the last) and I just want some inputs on a12t. My main iem rn are W80 and EE hero, and i’m not sure if it’s going to be a noticeable upgrade?

I know hero is harshly v-shaped and w80 is kind of an all-rounder, and I thought it would be nice to have an all-rounder ciem with a bit of bass boost, which seemed like a12t is right up my alley.

I listen to various genres- RnB, jazz, rock, J-pop, K-pop, and a little bit of hiphop.
I will demo U12t before I go for a12t, but I heard both sound different from each other?
I am also considering N8 but a12t seems so appealing to me.. not sure why..

wholesome opinions are welcome
Thanks!
This reminds me that I still have to write my A12t review and contrast it with the uni. From the top of my head:

1. The uni has a slight bump in the mid bass, whereas the custom has a sub bass bias..

2. The custom is much darker.

3. Treble is smoother on the custom

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #17,813 of 23,608
This reminds me that I still have to write my A12t review and contrast it with the uni. From the top of my head:

1. The uni has a slight bump in the mid bass, whereas the custom has a sub bass bias..

2. The custom is much darker.

3. Treble is smoother on the custom
Darker huh.. well I don’t know how “bright” U12t is so can’t decide yet. Is it safe to say A12t has much warmer tonality than that of U12t’s?

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #17,814 of 23,608
Darker huh.. well I don’t know how “bright” U12t is so can’t decide yet. Is it safe to say A12t has much warmer tonality than that of U12t’s?
Yeah I would say that the custom does have a warmer tonality than the universal.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #17,816 of 23,608
The U12t is not bright at all, it is quite warm indeed. Therefore, the A12t should be even warmer.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #17,817 of 23,608
I wouldn’t say “much warmer”, but warmer due to the better seal. I don’t think is impossiblE to find a pair of tips that will replicate the custom signature. It’s hard, not sure if it’s impossible.

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #17,818 of 23,608
I wouldn’t say “much warmer”, but warmer due to the better seal. I don’t think is impossiblE to find a pair of tips that will replicate the custom signature. It’s hard, not sure if it’s impossible.
A12t tonality is a tad warmer than U12t, but I would not classify it as warm. Def a bump in the sub base. Overall signature similar. I swapped out the universal for custom for fit reasons and for the more low end presence. And it delivered in both categories. The table is smoother. I love the tonality of the A12t. *For my ears* both variants are too fatiguing for long listening sessions. I have an A18s which is definitely much warmer. It’s packed with detail and information, a lot to absorb and I always seem to find something new in a track. While I prefer the signature of the A12t I find myself listening to the U18s for hours. A12t is my guilty pleasure

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #17,819 of 23,608
Hi guys,

Speaking of U12T, what cable would you recommend to go with it? I currently use the Penon's PAC480 and I wonder if higher tier cables such as DHC's Compliment-C or Eletech Socrates would take the U12t to the next level? FYI, I like my bass beefy, my vocals up front and my soundstage huge! :dt880smile:

Thanks!

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #17,820 of 23,608
Hi guys,

Speaking of U12T, what cable would you recommend to go with it? I currently use the Penon's PAC480 and I wonder if higher tier cables such as DHC's Compliment-C or Eletech Socrates would take the U12t to the next level? FYI, I like my bass beefy, my vocals up front and my soundstage huge! :dt880smile:

Thanks!
I’m using the 64 Audio Premium Silver cable and really enjoy the synergy. I find it pairs better with U12t than all the other cables I’ve got (EA Leo II Octa, Horus Octa, Code 51, Eletech Iliad & PW Orpheus)

To my ears, it has a good mix of upper frequency clarity and bass warmth and extension. Vocals sound clear and detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back