The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 24, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #16,066 of 23,686
Thats NOT CANON (TTS 40K)

Also huge EU fan here, Disney Wars not so much.

Dark Tia Trilogy

Dark tia is Noir, a18s and nio 😝. Not u12t hahaha

U12t is silver tia trilogy with trios 🤣

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #16,067 of 23,686
Feb 24, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #16,069 of 23,686
Hi,
currently i am using the A12t with WM1Z, can i know DAP where can i find better synergy with?
(cable Aries ll+ )

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #16,070 of 23,686
Feb 24, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #16,071 of 23,686
Hi,
currently i am using the A12t with WM1Z, can i know DAP where can i find better synergy with?
(cable Aries ll+ )

Hiby R8 has great symmetry with the A12t. The WM1A might too.

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #16,072 of 23,686
I see your Star Trek reference and raise you some Star Wars reference:

64 Audio - The Tia Wars
64 Audio - Rise of the Tias
64 Audio - Revenge of the Tias

And when it comes to crowning a winner.....

64 Audio - The Last Tia

Don't even start with the Star Wars vs Star Trek, things could escalate quickly...

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #16,073 of 23,686
Dilithium vs Kyber lesssssssgo

I mean A18t and A18s with shiny faceplates!

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #16,074 of 23,686
These references tho 🔥

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #16,075 of 23,686
Hey folks!

Tiger is on a new experiments with cables and since my noirs are sold I couldn't hold the stock noir cable 😭 and its 4.4 and I need 2.5 for my new sp2000....

Would there be some kind fellas who could sale me a noir stock cable with 2.5 termination and hopefully the small pigtail adapter that came with it the 2.5 to 3.5....

Tiger is ready to buy!

If cant find one will have to beg @64Audio to built me a new one 😛

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #16,076 of 23,686
All of the 64 Audio IEMs I've heard peak super-duper high in the treble which is likely a product of the tia driver. If the A18s is anything like the U12t - which as I understand it, the A18s is akin to an A18t with the 12t's tuning - there should be a series of peaks at around 15kHz and 17kHz for air. You can actually see it on the graph, although the coupler should not be considered accurate at that point.

Compounding this problem, though, is that the A18s appears to tame even more of the lower-treble and dip throughout all of the mid-treble. So if these peaks for air are outside of a lister's audible frequency range, then yes, the A18s would likely come off as quite dark in accordance with the measurements depicted above. Of course, this is largely just speculation based on my experience with their IEMs.

My review of the A18s is coming either this weekend or next, so I won't elaborate too much on it. But, for me, the gist of it is: If you found the A18t neutral, the A18s will be on the warmer/darker side. If you found the A18t a tad bright or lively, the A18s will be perfect. I personally fall more on the latter, which is why the A18s has probably been the IEM closest to natural for me. But, regardless of what camp you fall into, the beauty of it really is in the options you ultimately have. Whatever your preference might be, 64 Audio now have high-end models for a fair number of demographics.
I also find darker iems to sound more natural/realistic. I think a lot of it has to do with a smoothed over 8/9k, which reduces any sibilance significantly.

The A18S is probably right up my alley, but I already own a VE8, so I'm covered on the dark side :) You're right, though! 64 has such a wide range of sound.. And on top of that, they seem to be ready to release their next generation of products. I am so excited to see what comes next! I'm personally hoping for an upgraded Fourte.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #16,077 of 23,686
i just picked up U12 Adel model with S1 and B1 modules. pretty impressive tiny light IEMs. i am just wondering the more expensive TIA model is a lot improvement? works really well with chord hugo first gen. it was about 600 USD all in i think it is ok deal. i figured can't lose much money if i don't like it. i listend to the u12 and then the noble savant ii sounds so little detail vs that one. but still not bad for 1/3 the price. so probably get rid the savant II. i think soon i can ditch all my full size cans and just keep the iems. it may not be as good as my lcd-xc but it's so much smaller and easier to wear.

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #16,078 of 23,686
Hi all, recently got hold of some Nio's, using comply memory foam tips and MX15. Very nice so far. A little bit recessed/dark, had a look at the frequency response and saw the dip around 3500Hz. Added soom eq via roon and the sound opened up nicely.

Anyone else using eq with tia iems?
Any suggestions for tips?

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #16,079 of 23,686
I also find darker iems to sound more natural/realistic. I think a lot of it has to do with a smoothed over 8/9k, which reduces any sibilance significantly.

The A18S is probably right up my alley, but I already own a VE8, so I'm covered on the dark side :) You're right, though! 64 has such a wide range of sound.. And on top of that, they seem to be ready to release their next generation of products. I am so excited to see what comes next! I'm personally hoping for an upgraded Fourte.

As an acoustic guitar player, I can't shake off the slightly muted sound that the A18s delivers. It makes it much apparent that I'm listening to a recording, or at least sounds like the sound source is from behind a veil or curtain (try Calum Graham's 'Tabula Rasa' and 'Grace'). The heavy mid-bass emphasis also exaggerates the thickness of the bass notes from guitars.

Can't argue about the top-end extension - that's probably the tia driver. But quite a significant treble section before that (mid-treble? Sorry rather new to these terms) comes off lacking the "live sound" factor that I enjoy. Even the significantly cheaper ER4XR manages to pull that off. I believe that the A18s is more suited to vocal/rock/EDM types, less so for instrumentals.

I'm now wondering if the A18t would tick the boxes missing from the A18s, or if 64A's newer models would. On that note, the promo video seems to be showcasing something like an estat driver..

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #16,080 of 23,686
As an acoustic guitar player, I can't shake off the slightly muted sound that the A18s delivers. It makes it much apparent that I'm listening to a recording, or at least sounds like the sound source is from behind a veil or curtain (try Calum Graham's 'Tabula Rasa' and 'Grace'). The heavy mid-bass emphasis also exaggerates the thickness of the bass notes from guitars.

Can't argue about the top-end extension - that's probably the tia driver. But quite a significant treble section before that (mid-treble? Sorry rather new to these terms) comes off lacking the "live sound" factor that I enjoy. Even the significantly cheaper ER4XR manages to pull that off. I believe that the A18s is more suited to vocal/rock/EDM types, less so for instrumentals.

I'm now wondering if the A18t would tick the boxes missing from the A18s, or if 64A's newer models would. On that note, the promo video seems to be showcasing something like an estat driver..

30+yr fingerstyle tinkerer here. :) The dynamics of percussive playing are extremely difficult to reproduce with IEMs. Very fast transients and woodiness needed simultaneously. I have a long list of test tracks with Hedges, Bensusan, Leeb, McKee, TE, etc (Calum's very cool!) and still chasing a good all-rounder. My first 64a will be arriving soon so I'm looking forward to seeing what that brings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back