The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 6, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #15,812 of 23,543
Hey all I have a question,

which apex module should I use to get the ideal sound signature for the a18t?

thanks

I don't think there's an answer for that. What's your "ideal" sound signature; it's all highly subjective. The APEX modules (as well as Fir Audio's ATOM modules) attenuate bass/isolation/soundstage. Regardless of which module you use, the A18T is a highly resolving IEM that leans towards a neutral & balanced sound; if the sound signature isn't to your liking I don't expect the modules will really change that.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #15,813 of 23,543
Hey all I have a question,

which apex module should I use to get the ideal sound signature for the a18t?

thanks

What type of sound signature are you looking for? 64 Audio does have a large enough selection that we should be able to point you towards something in their lineup.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #15,814 of 23,543
I love the z1r but the body is killing my ear and the timbre is quite "mettalic/cold" (not sure how to describe) for my taste.

Yeah ... I get the metallic/cold feeling with the Z1R which I also own...

Its not the model you're after I know but the Nio trumps the Z1R for comfort and warmth (which is my thing) and I don't think I'm missing out on treble either; and mids/bass are superior with the Nio.

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #15,817 of 23,543
BLASPHEMY :sweat_smile:

The z1rs are now my edc ... the Nios are special :slight_smile::relaxed:

The z1r live in this in my jeans pocket .... :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

IMG_20210207_183912.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #15,818 of 23,543
The z1rs are now my edc ... the Nios are special :slight_smile::relaxed:
I'm looking forward to the day you try the Z1R's with a powerful Neutral / Analytical source... I have yet to hear a better bass than that of the Z1R (including in the Legend X, Atlas, U12t etc) but your experience with Sony is enough to leave anyone with a sour taste in their mouths. Again, preferences may come into play so each to their own. I do want to give Nio a try at some point though but I'm holding out for the new 64 IEM's before laying down cash haha.

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #15,819 of 23,543
I'm looking forward to the day you try the Z1R's with a powerful Neutral / Analytical source... I have yet to hear a better bass than that of the Z1R (including in the Legend X, Atlas, U12t etc) but your experience with Sony is enough to leave anyone with a sour taste in their mouths. Again, preferences may come into play so each to their own. I do want to give Nio a try at some point though but I'm holding out for the new 64 IEM's before laying down cash haha.

No sour grapes .... my opinions are well documented on this site before I had the problem with the cable .... and not going to happen with the more powerful sources for me as iems are portable imo for a reason - otherwise I would buy some susvaras and pair them with my hifi amp...

my acscustoms are for mountain biking... (don't listen to tunes when paragliding)

my z1rs are ... well just available for emergencies because they are in my jeans pocket... (wouldn't get them in my mtb helmet anyway)

nios are for listening to tunes dude....

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #15,820 of 23,543
No sour grapes .... my opinions are well documented on this site before I had the problem with the cable .... and not going to happen with the more powerful sources for me as iems are portable imo for a reason - otherwise I would buy some susvaras and pair them with my hifi amp...

my acscustoms are for mountain biking... (don't listen to tunes when paragliding)

my z1rs are ... well just available for emergencies because they are in my jeans pocket... (wouldn't get them in my mtb helmet anyway)

nios are for listening to tunes dude....
I mean rather than an overly warm and rolled off treble source like the Mojo. Most balanced outputs of DAP's should do the trick.

Feb 7, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #15,822 of 23,543
Whats hour favorite source for the U12T? Im curios for all the other new stuff out there.If one where to believe this site , the V40 that i own is better than most high end DAPs. Very little testing have been done between the V40 and ifi portables,mojo etc. How good of a product do you think i need for the U12T to be as good as or better than V40? Want a solution for my tablet and laptop:)

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #15,823 of 23,543
If one where to believe this site , the V40 that i own is better than most high end DAPs.
That depends on your definition of a high-end DAP. For me it means most current DAPs in the $800+ bracket, all of which are, IMO, significantly better than the V40 as a music source (especially if you connect your U12ts balanced). Once you go to the upper echelons (R8/DX300/M8 and beyond) there's really no comparison to be made between the V40 and a proper high-end DAP with a high-end IEM like the U12t. To answer your question, have a look at the new HiBy R6 or FiiO M11 Pro and go up from there.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #15,824 of 23,543
That depends on your definition of a high-end DAP. For me it means most current DAPs in the $800+ bracket, all of which are, IMO, significantly better than the V40 as a music source (especially if you connect your U12ts balanced). Once you go to the upper echelons (R8/DX300/M8 and beyond) there's really no comparison to be made between the V40 and a proper high-end DAP with a high-end IEM like the U12t. To answer your question, have a look at the new HiBy R6 or FiiO M11 Pro and go up from there.

I forgot to link the site! Link will be down below here. Due to their testing, its measures better than several high end DAPs. Same can be said at ASR also. They measured it to be quite excellent being a portable.

Even some owners of high end DAPs who owns the LG thinks its really good.

My problem is that i cant find shops in my country to try DAPs to find out myself. What i have tried on local used market: A&K 70, 120 and Ibasso dx160. And it was a downgrade.

Why do you f.ex think m11 is better than V40?

Anyway: The U12T with M20 filter is so fun and i really love the subbass. Hands down best IEM ive tried to date and the most comfortable one. Custom tips is also ordered. It will be hard to use an IEM without APEX in the future.

http://soundexpert.org/articles/-/blogs/audio-quality-of-high-end-portable-players

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #15,825 of 23,543
How is the new IEM case that are included in the packaging of U12ts/ U18t etc? Is it more practical than the old one? Any pics? Im a little keen on buying it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back