The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 12, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #15,421 of 23,556
Welcome to the party. Interesting looking cable that. Look forward to your impressions if you care to share them.

thanks, that's cardas clear cable for headphone, then reterminated to 2pin
will give impression after i've been acustomed to the sound, i've been using stock cable for last week and after switching to this cable instantly i feel the staging wider,
mid a bit forward, notes more defined and clear, low more refined, still goes deep but not as boomy, all in all i feel Nio more refined and balanced,
i do a lot of tip rolling with Nio, switching between Spinfit, spiral dot, sedna light, before settling with xelastec

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #15,422 of 23,556
thanks, that's cardas clear cable for headphone, then reterminated to 2pin
will give impression after i've been acustomed to the sound, i've been using stock cable for last week and after switching to this cable instantly i feel the staging wider,
mid a bit forward, notes more defined and clear, low more refined, still goes deep but not as boomy, all in all i feel Nio more refined and balanced,
i do a lot of tip rolling with Nio, switching between Spinfit, spiral dot, sedna light, before settling with xelastec
I see, very nice. Yes the Nio is an extremely versatile IEM, not only receptive to tip and cable changes but also module changes. It's like 3 IEMs in one.

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #15,423 of 23,556
I see, very nice. Yes the Nio is an extremely versatile IEM, not only receptive to tip and cable changes but also module changes. It's like 3 IEMs in one.

haven't tried MX or M20 module yet, but i feel this level of bass is good enough for me

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #15,424 of 23,556
Welcome to the party. Interesting looking cable that. Look forward to your impressions if you care to share them.
Pretty cable. How is the comfort? The look thick.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #15,425 of 23,556
Pretty cable. How is the comfort? The look thick.

no pain no gain right :L3000:
jokes aside, this cable feels like whip, not too stiff, no microphonics, but i can't wear this longer than an hour

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #15,426 of 23,556
no pain no gain right :L3000:
jokes aside, this cable feels like whip, not too stiff, no microphonics, but i can't wear this longer than an hour
I like thick cables personally, find them reassuringly comfortable and 'premium' feeling. I can wear the PW No. 5 or No. 10 8-wire with any of the 64 Audio IEMs for hours on end. But then I'm not walking around with them, usually reclining or lying down.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #15,427 of 23,556
Got a nice cable for my Nio from aliexpress (called Tri Through if anyone is interested).
It's great for the money, i don't detect any changes in the sound compared with the stock one, it's much more comfortable, has 4.4 termination, and the best thing about it - it was 20€ :D

cable.jpg

It's just the cable, comfort is the main thing i care about, and paying hundreds $$ for it sounds ridiculous to me.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #15,428 of 23,556
Got a nice cable for my Nio from aliexpress.
It's great for the money, i don't detect any changes in the sound compared with the stock one, it's much more comfortable, has 4.4 termination, and the best thing about it - it was 20€ :D

cable.jpg

It's just the cable, comfort is the main thing i care about, and paying hundreds $$ for it sounds ridiculous to me.
Have you ever tried a mid - high end cable? ...

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #15,429 of 23,556
The most expensive i've ever tried was CEMA Electro acousti, N175 i think, some kind of hybrid, guys in the "cheap cables" thread like it a lot.
It didn't do anything special to me, slight changes in the sound probably because of the different impedance, that's all.
But i don't care about cables like some of you guys do, i don't believe in magic and will not spend any money on it, would rather upgrade my iems or DAP, difference will be much much bigger.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #15,430 of 23,556
Been through my cables and tips looking for a change for Fourte. Back to stock cable and Symbio peel tips. Depending on tax season this year I may get a PW 1960 2 wire as it seems everyone swears by it for any iem.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #15,431 of 23,556
Been through my cables and tips looking for a change for Fourte. Back to stock cable and Symbio peel tips. Depending on tax season this year I may get a PW 1960 2 wire as it seems everyone swears by it for any iem.

Be careful and try to audition first. That aint a cheap cable....

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #15,432 of 23,556
haven't tried MX or M20 module yet, but i feel this level of bass is good enough for me
Honestly m20 is likely only worthwhile if you need some slight extra isolation. It sounds practically identical to the m15, but with slightly less "air" and a slightly reduced soundstage. The mx however really changes things and makes it a much more neutral/balanced sounding iem, but it unfortunately has some noticeable subbass rolloff. Only other recommendation there would be the fir O module. Its kind of a midway point between the mx and m15, without the subbass rolloff. Though it's also closer to the m15 than the mx.

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #15,433 of 23,556
Not necessarily. 1960's is more suited for neutral iems that you want to inject a little bit of warmth into the signature, while keeping the technical performance.

Demo first.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #15,434 of 23,556
With all the recent talk of tips in this thread recently, I decided to experiment again. I've been living happily with Spin Fit dual flange since I received my Trio. Just for fun, and in light of 64Audio's comments about nozzle position I put some Spiral Dots on this morning. Isolation went out the window, bass disappeared. Midrange became thin and brittle or hollow- I think because the foundation was gone. On the good side, the highs and stage opened up a bit. It was obvious my freakishly oval-shaped canals made a proper seal impossible with short tips.

So for me, proper seal trumps proper nozzle- ear drum spacing.

Bring on CIEM Trio.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #15,435 of 23,556
Has anyone else had problems with the 64 Audio two prong connectors? My buds keep falling off and I'm wondering if I should try a bit of glue to keep them tight. I know, that's sacrilege, especially if I ever want to sell them. I love the sound..but the build with the two prongs is really annoying. I have EIR Z1Rs that I like and use more because they are built like a tank..and don't fall off...Should I try the glue trick or sell them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back