The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 8, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #14,401 of 23,559
I don’t have my A12t here with me to be able to tell you about that pairing specifically, but basing it off of what it does to my Thummim/A18S, I’d say it provides a boost to the low end, a little warmth to the midrange (which might be a result of the weight that the bass is adding), and a slightly shelved treble presence - it doesn’t roll off as some other cables that I’ve tried, it just isn’t quite as forward as it is on say the Plato (pure silver), or the Iliad

I haven’t yet tried other cables by @doctorjuggles, my sister has the graphene plated silver but I haven’t had the time to play around with it yet, I have quite a lot of IEMs and HPs to listen to/review atm :D

Currently waiting on a 1950s clone from him though, pretty interested how that’ll turn out

I just can't stop basking in the nice combination of colors you got on that King Copper photo, kudos for the dual color choice on the IEMs too :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #14,402 of 23,559
I just can't stop basking in the nice combination of colors you got on that King Copper photo, kudos for the dual color choice on the IEMs too :)
Hehe thank you, there's a lovely warmth to it :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #14,404 of 23,559
I’m in the U.K.. do you guys think £2500 for the tia fourte new is worth it ?
They go for like 1700 euros used, you'll lose a fair bit of cash if you ever want to sell it

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #14,406 of 23,559
That’s a good point, I’ll have to try them out again and see what’s about on the used market as well. Anyone know of any second had sets up for sale on the U.K./ eu. I’m also looking at the u12t as well
A friend is selling his Tia Fourte Noir (was originally mine actually) for 2650 euros - you can find it in the FS section of the forum - other than that, you can always post a WTB

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #14,410 of 23,559
That’s a good point, I’ll have to try them out again and see what’s about on the used market as well. Anyone know of any second had sets up for sale on the U.K./ eu. I’m also looking at the u12t as well
FWIW Hifiheadphones have them for £1,999.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back