The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #13,772 of 23,562
Thanks, which puck is that? My issue is that I keep the Nio and Trio in a CA mesh pouch when not in use, but still attached to the cable, so I'll need an extra half-inch of height at least for all of that to fit inside the puck. Gotta protect those earpieces from scratching!
It's the puck from 64 Audio. The foam in the bottom part was easy to just pull out. The lid contains another thin foam insert to hold APEX modules, cleaning tool and a small desiccant container. You could probably take the desiccant container out giving a little more room up top. I'm only using these temporarily as I initially ordered the new IEM Pelican cases, but they are delayed due to some manufacturing issue so they graciously sent me two of these in the meantime. That's some great customer service and even more reason for me to love 64 Audio.

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #13,774 of 23,562
Received the U12t today as part of my Fourte Noir trade.

Long story short, reminds me a lot of the A18s, I used the U12t with the M15 module and the A18s on M20.

Scarily similar sound, the A18s edges it in soundstage and detail retrieval, imo. As well as having more air in the upper treble. (Keep in mind this is a universal compared to a custom, so I imagine some people will hear this differently than me). But man, for the used price of a U12t that’s probably my #1 recommendation for an IEM if someone were to ask me. That price of $1200-$1300 is just insanely competitive. I don‘t really see myself keeping the U12t though as I feel the A18s is better and well, I have it in custom.

Also the fit of the U12t with the smaller “bulge” and longer nozzle at the bottom was much better for me than the Noir.

To add some light Noir impressions, definitely a W shape but the added warmth in the lower end and lower mids helps a bit with the coherency issues I remember hearing from the OG Fourte. Probably some of the best bass I have heard, extends super low and has great rumble. Not as much air as I hear in the M5 but the slam is very satisfying without being overdone for my tastes. I was obsessed with the upper treble, while it may be too much for some I found it really fit well with the Noir’s signature. There were a few instances where I found myself turning the volume down a little as it sits on the edge of my tolerances, but a very fun listen regardless. The mids were the let down for me, I heard a dip around the lower midrange that made a few songs sound a bit off but overall I really really enjoyed the Noir. I’d love to see 64 throw something out there with the Noir’s DD/A18s mids/Noirs treble. :D

I’m still tempted to try out a Trio even though I know the fit won’t be the best just so I can hear them, but we’ll see what happens. Getting really tired of shipping gear out! Lol.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #13,775 of 23,562
And to add to my last post, I found the U12t to be a very relaxing listen relative to something like the A18s in the sense that with the A18s it’s so detailed that it almost forces you to analyze the music. With the U12t I kinda just put them in my ears and before I knew it 10 songs had passed by. For me it’s kind of like an IEM you’d put in your ears and just push play type of mood, not saying the A18s isn’t that either, but sometimes when you get all that detail retrieval thrown at you it can be a bit distracting from just sitting back and listening, hopefully that makes sense.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #13,777 of 23,562
And to add to my last post, I found the U12t to be a very relaxing listen relative to something like the A18s in the sense that with the A18s it’s so detailed that it almost forces you to analyze the music. With the U12t I kinda just put them in my ears and before I knew it 10 songs had passed by. For me it’s kind of like an IEM you’d put in your ears and just push play type of mood, not saying the A18s isn’t that either, but sometimes when you get all that detail retrieval thrown at you it can be a bit distracting from just sitting back and listening, hopefully that makes sense.
You’re doing yourself a disservice by not trying the Trio. It’s so damn good and underrated. If I still had some I’d send them just so you could demo.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #13,778 of 23,562
trio is my all time life ever best iem seriously.
I own the tia noir but sold my trios, believe it or not I am missing my Trio!

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #13,779 of 23,562
trio is my all time life ever best iem seriously.
I own the tia noir but sold my trios, believe it or not I am missing my Trio!

so are you gonna get the Trio again?

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #13,781 of 23,562
so are you gonna get the Trio again?

Highly thinking of going back to trio yes.
When I had the Ier-z1r I wasnt satisfied with fit so I was looking at something different and trio came into my radar. Once I had them and did a/b to z1r it was clear right of the bat I loved the trio a lot. Some time passed I felt trio was a little to U shaped so was looking for an upgrade and stumbled at Noirs. Now noirs are w shaped but the bass is too wide and large to my taste I loved trio and regular fourte bass a lot more but Noirs treble is the best!
So see cant have it all perfect with every upgrade its a trade now rather a better something else.

Why I keep thinking of my trio? Its cause of the super fun factor they bring in, with trio is like being at the rave club beach for 48 hours with noir is like a serious audiophile very elegant and noble with fat bass lmao

I still like the noirs a lot but I want to give trio a one more round!

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #13,782 of 23,562
This is exactly why I love Nio. It's even smoother and more laid back than the U12t, with fuller, more euphonic vocals that wrap you up in warm blanket of (still detailed but never, ever harsh) sound. And to continue the love from above, the Trio is the perfect counter if you want to spice it up, add a dollop of speed and incredible detail, and foot tap your day away. Between those two I can't see another IEM getting in on the action right now.

Sep 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #13,785 of 23,562
I’ll be doing a demo of the 64 audio range tomorrow, any suggestions or tips.

ill mainly be comparing them to the campfire audio range.

Personally, Tia Trio and Fourte sound best with foam tips. Love them. But at the same time I hate how they sound when use the original silicone tips.

For the other series, I can enjoy all of them either with silicone or foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back