The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #13,756 of 23,561
My son uses a small Pelican case for his pair of IEMs. He attaches it to the outside of his backpack with a carabiner when he goes to school. Something similar to the R20 or G10.

Thanks. That is good for one IEM, but I want to pack 6 IEMs into one Pelican case or other case that I can take with me on vacation or company trip.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #13,757 of 23,561
Thanks. That is good for one IEM, but I want to pack 6 IEMs into one Pelican case or other case that I can take with me on vacation or company trip.
The Pelican cases as shown by 64 Audio are a nice modular solution but hardly compact.
88CD27BD-0669-4CF4-AD02-15E15F18FE6E.jpeg

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #13,758 of 23,561
Could someone tell me what comply foam tips size NIO uses?
The nozzle on the NIO seems to have a different design from all the rest of the universal lineup.
Many thanks!!

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #13,759 of 23,561
I have my Nio for 3 days, still burning in, but I can't wait and listening to it.
I only have prof. cable on hand right now, but it sounds really good, it is the way my music should be.
It makes my Dunu DK-3001 Pro sounds mediocre, a very large gap between them. (so is price, I know)

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #13,760 of 23,561
Thinking about a couple of 64 audio aluminum cases for my A12t and Tia Trio. I like those better than the plastic cases. Also at $39, they are less expensive than the JH Audio cases, which are $100. My Empire Ears and JH Audio cases are all round, except for the Lola case. I am thinking about getting a Pelican case to hold all my IEMs in their cases. I guess I could get a Pelican case and hold all the IEMs out of their cases.

Any one using a Pelican case to contain multiple IEMs for travel such as vacation?

I'm thinking about some puck cases myself, but they'd have to be large enough to hold my IEMs inside a small mesh pouch, connected to rolled up 8-wire PW Audio cables.

The whole point of a puck case is to hold an IEM and cable, and I really don't want to detach my IEMs after every use. Problem is finding a puck case large enough for larger cables yet compact enough for easy storage. I think the 64 Audio pick case has foam cutouts just for the IEMs, which is no good for how I want to use it.

It is said that pure silver cable will tame the bass a little bit, is it the case when using silver cable on Nio?
By how much if it is.

The silver cable definitely tightens up the Nio bass a bit compared to the stock or a copper cable. The PW No. 10 8-wire boosts everything without adding any harshness. It's the best pairing I've heard with the Nio to date.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #13,761 of 23,561
I'm thinking about some puck cases myself, but they'd have to be large enough to hold my IEMs inside a small mesh pouch, connected to rolled up 8-wire PW Audio cables.

The whole point of a puck case is to hold an IEM and cable, and I really don't want to detach my IEMs after every use. Problem is finding a puck case large enough for larger cables yet compact enough for easy storage. I think the 64 Audio pick case has foam cutouts just for the IEMs, which is no good for how I want to use it.

The silver cable definitely tightens up the Nio bass a bit compared to the stock or a copper cable. The PW No. 10 8-wire boosts everything without adding any harshness. It's the best pairing I've heard with the Nio to date.
the puck case arrived with my A12t and it's so nice, I absolutely love it. It also has the space for the M modules, so it's really convenient. The next time I order something from 64 I'm definitely getting like 8 or 9 puck cases to keep everything in them

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #13,762 of 23,561
the puck case arrived with my A12t and it's so nice, I absolutely love it. It also has the space for the M modules, so it's really convenient. The next time I order something from 64 I'm definitely getting like 8 or 9 puck cases to keep everything in them
Pls can you take and post some pics and also dimensions (inner width X height). Can the inner foam be removed to make room for IEMs + a thicker cable?

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #13,763 of 23,561
Pls can you take and post some pics and also dimensions (inner width X height). Can the inner foam be removed to make room for IEMs + a thicker cable?
Sure will do tonight ^^

Foam is meant to be removed - I'm currently keeping the A12t and the Plato inside - it's tight (an 8 wire would probably not fit in), but it fits well

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #13,764 of 23,561
Sure will do tonight ^^

Foam is meant to be removed - I'm currently keeping the A12t and the Plato inside - it's tight (an 8 wire would probably not fit in), but it fits well
Thanks, yep that's the problem. Most of these pucks don't take 8-wire cables into account.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #13,765 of 23,561
Thanks, yep that's the problem. Most of these pucks don't take 8-wire cables into account.
For larger IEMs and thicker cables I’m quite happy with the Eletech cases - they all have zippers so they’re quite safe in there, I use them pretty much daily at the moment

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #13,767 of 23,561
Can you buy those separately (and without an Eletech logo)?
I’m afraid not. They had a LE case some time back, and I’m guessing they will again in the future

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #13,769 of 23,561
It's tight, but I got the Nio with the PW Audio No 10 8-wire in a puck case. Also, the 8-wire No 5 fits a little better because the wire is a thinner gage on that cable.

Top.jpgSide.jpg
Thanks, which puck is that? My issue is that I keep the Nio and Trio in a CA mesh pouch when not in use, but still attached to the cable, so I'll need an extra half-inch of height at least for all of that to fit inside the puck. Gotta protect those earpieces from scratching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back