The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 27, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #12,991 of 23,557
Aug 27, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #12,992 of 23,557
Hi all, New to 64Audio family here.

I preordered Nio back in late June, but the long waiting time unfortunately has depleted my interest in it. However, I came across a chance to get a pair of Fourte Noir at a fair price.

I pair the Noir with Leonidas II Octa, stock silicon tips/symbio w peel, and I am loving the sound! Bass is perfect, treble could be a little bit too hot occasionally, mid might be slightly downplayed to me.

Wondering if you guys have any recommendations on the eartips to fit the Noir, maybe to extract slightly more mids and high-mids? I listen to J-POP and female vocals for most of the time. Thanks!

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #12,993 of 23,557

I preordered Nio back in late June, but the long waiting time unfortunately has depleted my interest in it. However, I came across a chance to get a pair of Fourte Noir at a fair price.

I pair the Noir with Leonidas II Octa, stock silicon tips/symbio w peel, and I am loving the sound! Bass is perfect, treble could be a little bit too hot occasionally, mid might be slightly downplayed to me.

Wondering if you guys have any recommendations on the eartips to fit the Noir, maybe to extract slightly more mids and high-mids? I listen to J-POP and female vocals for most of the time. Thanks!
The usual wisdom on tips is that if you want a brighter sound out of them you want a wider bore tip and maybe potentially with a shallower fit. The usual suspects for wider bore tips are the azla sedna tips and the spiral dot ++. I dont have the fourte noir, but I would guess that the stems on all the universal 64 audio IEMs are the same, so they should fit just fine, though for the spiral dots you may need an adapter (like what you can find with the double flange spinfits).

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #12,994 of 23,557
Hi!!

Some good and no too expensive cable for tame the highs and mantain the stage and transparence for a new Tia Fourte?
it’s an excellent IEM but the treble is a bit harsh

Regards!!✌✌
Im enjoying using a PW Audio 1960s 2W with my Trio...I think it will match well with Fourte as well.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #12,995 of 23,557

That is a really excellent cable. Not sure changing tips will give you what you are looking for.. Maybe different iems..?

(Nio can be found in the classifieds btw. But I am not sure it would match well with the genres you mention, as those are probably not very bass heavy?)

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #12,996 of 23,557
Toronto bois getting a Trio incoming. Won't make Saturday's meet though for me to share how much I dislike agree with Crinacle's ranking like it better than u12t think of it.

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #12,997 of 23,557
thanks for all the recommendatIons!! 👍

Someone has tried the dunu noble or dunu hulk with Fourté?
It’s seems a very well made cable and very pliable...
I have some interest in the PW Audio No 5 8 wire...
Maybe all are good copper alternatives...🤔

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #12,998 of 23,557
I'm looking for a cable recommendation for the u12t that I having coming shorty - the 20% off did for me and I couldn't resist any longer. I'll be using them with the stock cable for a while anyway, but I have the FiiO m11 Pro, which reviews state works best using the balanced 4.4mm socket. I'm UK based and wondered which cables would work best below around £200? there is also a balance 2.5mm socket, but the 4.4mm seems to be the best in this case

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #12,999 of 23,557
I'm looking for a cable recommendation for the u12t that I having coming shorty - the 20% off did for me and I couldn't resist any longer. I'll be using them with the stock cable for a while anyway, but I have the FiiO m11 Pro, which reviews state works best using the balanced 4.4mm socket. I'm UK based and wondered which cables would work best below around £200? there is also a balance 2.5mm socket, but the 4.4mm seems to be the best in this case
I used them on 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4 on the M11 Pro... Just forget the 3.5mm exists and focus on the best bang for your buck in either 2.5 or 4.4 as both sounded much better.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #13,000 of 23,557
My JH Audio Lola custom is my best fitting custom along with my A12t. How? My A12t was sent to JH Audio and they 3D scanned it. It was offered by them to keep from getting impressions during a pandemic. Now my Lola fits just like my A12t. It was a no-brainer as to which CIEM I would have them scan.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #13,001 of 23,557
That's a good point. 64a has the best fit (if the impressions are good)

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #13,002 of 23,557
Has anyone come up with a way to protect the two-pin connection? A cool plastic piece that fit over it...or metal, might protect the connectors...Might be something for a great designer to market for 64 Audios? Has anyone else had problems breaking the two pins?

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #13,003 of 23,557
Has anyone come up with a way to protect the two-pin connection? A cool plastic piece that fit over it...or metal, might protect the connectors...Might be something for a great designer to market for 64 Audios? Has anyone else had problems breaking the two pins?
It is a weak point but you just have to be careful. MMCX is stronger but has its own issues. I like the QDC idea (like on the BLON-03) - more IEMs should standardise on that, and it looks better too.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #13,004 of 23,557
Two pins are not the best, but I think recessed are the best way for two pins. I personally don't like MMCX (e.g. rotation, lose). QDC's is like Recessed inverted. :). JH audio's are quit nice.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #13,005 of 23,557
It is a weak point but you just have to be careful. MMCX is stronger but has its own issues. I like the QDC idea (like on the BLON-03) - more IEMs should standardise on that, and it looks better too.
The QDC connectors pretty much completely forbid non-QDC cables though. They’re practically a fully proprietary connector

My personal favourite is recessed 2 pin sockets, they are quite sturdy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back