The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 25, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #12,931 of 23,556
yeah my only knock on the z1r is it’s a lot better for female voices, it doesn’t handle male voices as well. But given the U12t and nio handle male voices so well (as does the Solaris), it’s not really clear to me what the tia trio would get me that I don’t already have. And I don’t listen to EDM. And I actually really enjoy the skow decay on the z1r, it almost feels like the notes echo.

On a different note I’m intrigued by the EE Hero as well, for many of the same reasons. Impressions seem mixed so far. I would love to try the Odin but not sure I’m comfortable spending that much on IEMs (which just inherently seem a lot more fragile to me compared to full size cans). I had the LX and while the bass was something else, I found it crowded out everything else and was too much for me.
Ah that's fair! EDM is big for me so I forget it isn't for everyone lol. Yeah... The Odin is getting love from every reviewer that I follow, but I don't think I want to head down that rabbit hole.

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #12,932 of 23,556
I have actually found an awesome way to sleep and listen to music. I need to experiment more with it, but check it out:

If you get two studio monitors and put one on each side of your bed, pointing at you, you will get something maybe even better than IEMs can offer. You can have pretty low volume and you get an amazing soundstage and imaging. The only caveat is that you have to stay relatively in the middle of the two speakers. What's awesome is that you can do this for only $2-300.

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #12,934 of 23,556
Sorry. I got on this thread because the 64 Audios are the best I've ever heard.

I think TWS might be the most comfortable option to sleep with.

JH customs have a 7pin connector now which should be ultra durable, so maybe like a custom Roxanne or Layla or something of the sort?

Aug 26, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #12,936 of 23,556
Similar music taste, though more singer/songwriter and cinematic music too. And I prefer Nio for all of it.
So why would you want to own the U12T again? Relevant for me as I am about to decide to sell it or not... I can understand having it if one listens to multiple genres. But I listen to metal and rock mostly. And on top of that I listen to over-ear headphones most of the time, much less with iems. So pretty sure it goes.. but interested in your perspective.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #12,937 of 23,556
I need IEMs to be quiet in bed...are the Tia Fourte's tougher? I'm looking for durable, tough and great sound. Price not important. I need the best. JMR77..how do the Senns compare to the Fourte's??

I find Xelento the best option in terms of comfort for sleeping, more than the IE800S, because even if the Senns are also small they don't have a flat surface which is best when turning your head. I do not own the Fourte but I A/B them against my Trió. Soundwise the Fourté are better than the Senns in basically every category, unless you may find their tonality weird, which some people do, I did a bit. If sound goes first for you then Fourté should be the way to go, especially if you like big soundstage.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #12,938 of 23,556
So why would you want to own the U12T again? Relevant for me as I am about to decide to sell it or not... I can understand having it if one listens to multiple genres. But I listen to metal and rock mostly. And on top of that I listen to over-ear headphones most of the time, much less with iems. So pretty sure it goes.. but interested in your perspective.

I think this is really up to personal preference. I too have a U12t and a Nio. Wrote a detailed comparison a while ago on this thread. I am selling neither right now. If I really had to sell one it would likely be the Nio....while I love its musicality and DD bass, the articulation, space, and detail of the U12t is what is addictive for me. It makes it more of an all-rounder to my ears, though I can totally understand that the Nio can be more of an all-rounder for others based on their preferences and genres they listen to.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #12,939 of 23,556
I have Trio and Nio. Love them both. When it comes to all BA offerings, I have the SE846 which I enjoy, and the Noble something or other (from Drop) with 10 BAs. I've almost pulled the trigger on the U12t about 5 times, and decided I didn't need it.

Please, talk me out of it. I grow weaker each attempt.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #12,940 of 23,556
I have Trio and Nio. Love them both. When it comes to all BA offerings, I have the SE846 which I enjoy, and the Noble something or other (from Drop) with 10 BAs. I've almost pulled the trigger on the U12t about 5 times, and decided I didn't need it.

The U12t is the best all-BA IEM you'll find south of crazy $3k pricetags, and even then it'll probably be neck-and-neck. Does that help your resolve? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #12,941 of 23,556
What @xenithon said. I'll probably never sell the Nio (unless 64 Audio makes a true U12t DD hybrid, which I don't believe is possible), but can see myself adding a U12t one day for the sheer spaciousness and technical acuity. If you want to see INTO your music while still enjoying it, there's nothing quite like the U12t. If you want to sit back and FEEL your music, there's nothing quite like the Nio that I've heard. Pick your poison, or pick both.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #12,942 of 23,556

I have the U18t and Trio. Like you, I've almost pulled the trigger on the U12t about 10 times...but 5 minutes ago, I finally gave in and took advantage of 64 Audio's promo. :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #12,943 of 23,556
I have the U18t and Trio. Like you, I've almost pulled the trigger on the U12t about 10 times...but 5 minutes ago, I finally gave in and took advantage of 64 Audio's promo. :)
:O

I've wanted to get an A12t for so long now, but I'm being told that there's no real point considering I own the A18S already..... i'll fold sooner or later though I just know it

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #12,944 of 23,556
:O

I've wanted to get an A12t for so long now, but I'm being told that there's no real point considering I own the A18S already..... i'll fold sooner or later though I just know it
Just do it and post your impressions already. It's small fry at the current promo price.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #12,945 of 23,556
Just do it and post your impressions already. It's small fry at the current promo price.
Aight lemme send Ricky an email...

Edit: Sent :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back