The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #9,676 of 23,565
I mostly use M20 on my A12t.

I was originally with the M20, but the bass was overwhelming for long periods so I since switched to the M15.

Anyone running them with other modules here, or even without the modules inserted?

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #9,677 of 23,565
I saw a few people that loved the FirAudio modules. specially the 17.5 that is (believe it or not) half way between 15 and 20. :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #9,678 of 23,565
I saw a few people that loved the FirAudio modules. specially the 17.5 that is (believe it or not) half way between 15 and 20. :)
Actually just bought the Fir modules, most interested in the 13.5 because I find my A12t a bit too bassy.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #9,679 of 23,565
Actually just bought the Fir modules, most interested in the 13.5 because I find my A12t a bit too bassy.
Nice! let us know your findings there. don't remember seeing comments on 13.5.

For the music I like and the noisy ambient, M20 works well for me. but I'm curious about the others. wouldn't mind try the sealed one, just to see how it is. (I love the pressure release systems ATOM and APEX anyway)

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #9,681 of 23,565
Yes it sure was him. I should add that he was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another 64 audio IEM from him when my bank account allows!
Cool! I was in contact with him too. He is definitely a nice guy. I just couldn't justify buying it when I have the InEar SD5 and Noble Tux5 for sale.

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #9,682 of 23,565
Some brief impressions of the A18s relative to the A18t...

The 18s is definitely built off of the T's DNA. It still possesses all the fantastic technical attributes that the t has with its superb imaging, separation, and sound stage.

Where the 18s differs to my ears is that I hear more impact on the lower end and better quality relative to the T. I also hear the mid range to be a bit more forward and lush. Vocals also don't sound as dry on the 18s. The sound is slightly thicker overall relative to the T.

Overall they are quite similar in many ways but I think the S with its slightly different tuning approach will be a more favorable option for many. It hits a sweet spot between musicality and still being a reference monitor. Very impressed so far... 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Edit: listening done through SP2000.
Seems like my kind of signature, what I was looking for! Is the S version different to the T with M20 module? Or is it different?

I wish they got a Universal version for this since for first time people into CIEM, it's hard to get ear impressions at these times.

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #9,683 of 23,565
@mvvRAZ (or anyone else!) have you heard anything new on the K9?

Thank you
I don't have any news for you on the K9 unfortunately, but I'd personally say the A18s will be around for some time before they get around to releasing another new model, especially since it's catching on with the audiophile community

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #9,684 of 23,565
I've never heard the 12t's unfortunately.

I preferred the 12t and the A12t much better than the U12t as I found the stem to be too long and tips would slide down too far and was too hard to get a good seal quickly and usually took over a minute to get it to fit right. I complained about it when I auditioned it and other 64 audio IEMs 2 years ago and several members said to get the custom version and I took a chance and yes I know I shouldn't blind buy something that expensive that can't be returned, but the times when I did have a fairly good seal, I liked it. For me, it is way better than the U12t and I understand why people buy universals, but if the long stem and tips sliding down is an issue for you while auditioning them at a meetup or a big event such as the cam jams and have the same problem and like them even a little bit with a less than perfect seal, it is a huge jump up in sound.

I haven't been that active lately, but I think that I've read here somewhere or maybe somewhere else that some of the models got updates? If so which models and what was the changes if any of you are familiar with before and after models. Maybe I'm imaging it because I have recently looking to pick up something else now that I'm using IEMs more than usual as I've been more into 2ch and think I'm close to not buying full sized cans again for hopefully a few years with purchases over the past year, but swear that I read it. If the trio got an update, I might be too weak in saving money in these economic times and buy them because I'm getting older and not where I was a decade ago and saving wherenever possible for my track car hobby which is way more expensive than headphone and IEM hobby. I use that excuse whenever I make a headphone or IEM purchase that I get caught buying from the ball and chain.

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #9,685 of 23,565
what's your track car?

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #9,686 of 23,565
Seems like my kind of signature, what I was looking for! Is the S version different to the T with M20 module? Or is it different?

I wish they got a Universal version for this since for first time people into CIEM, it's hard to get ear impressions at these times.

Yes my impressions were both done using M20 modules on A18s and A18t.

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #9,690 of 23,565
I don't have any news for you on the K9 unfortunately, but I'd personally say the A18s will be around for some time before they get around to releasing another new model, especially since it's catching on with the audiophile community

1585319712396.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back