The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #9,661 of 23,720
i was emailing someone about a loaner program to test out a pair before i buy, but they said its on the back burner due to "logistics", because of covid19. ive been trying since feb 1st to try the u18t, but they had a waiting list. i asked about the u12t and they said its not possible right now.

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #9,662 of 23,720
i'm next for the s....

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #9,663 of 23,720
Some brief impressions of the A18s relative to the A18t...

The 18s is definitely built off of the T's DNA. It still possesses all the fantastic technical attributes that the t has with its superb imaging, separation, and sound stage.

Where the 18s differs to my ears is that I hear more impact on the lower end and better quality relative to the T. I also hear the mid range to be a bit more forward and lush. Vocals also don't sound as dry on the 18s. The sound is slightly thicker overall relative to the T.

Overall they are quite similar in many ways but I think the S with its slightly different tuning approach will be a more favorable option for many. It hits a sweet spot between musicality and still being a reference monitor. Very impressed so far... 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Edit: listening done through SP2000.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #9,664 of 23,720
Some brief impressions of the A18s relative to the A18t...

The 18s is definitely built off of the T's DNA. It still possesses all the fantastic technical attributes that the t has with its superb imaging, separation, and sound stage.

Where the 18s differs to my ears is that I hear more impact on the lower end and better quality relative to the T. I also hear the mid range to be a bit more forward and lush. Vocals also don't sound as dry on the 18s. The sound is slightly thicker overall relative to the T.

Overall they are quite similar in many ways but I think the S with its slightly different tuning approach will be a more favorable option for many. It hits a sweet spot between musicality and still being a reference monitor. Very impressed so far... 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Thought about the A18s, but don’t want to sell my A12t. Are they different enough? I believe it would be different enough from the rest of my IEM / CIEMs. Also considering the N8.

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #9,667 of 23,720
congrats on the s...and the weight loss!

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #9,668 of 23,720
@mvvRAZ (or anyone else!) have you heard anything new on the K9?

Thank you

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #9,669 of 23,720
Just bought my first 64 Audio product a few days ago and just wanted to lay down my inital thoughts.

The U18T’s are the first iem I’ve ever semi blind bought after not listening to them for about 2 years. I was initially worried that I wouldn’t love the U18T coming off an Andromeda S.

My sound preference is usually clinical and reference sounding with my gaze focused on the Inear pp8 as my next IEM. But I got a great deal that I couldn’t resist and next thing you know, the u18ts were at my door.

First thing I noticed was the separation and detail, like, holy moly. My god, when paired up with my SP1000 SS I just didn’t want to take it out of my ears. Nearly everything sounded fantastic, even some poorer recordings found ways to perform where my sensitive andro wouldn’t. I’ve still got a lot of listening to go, and I'm enjoying every second of it. I’m also sure I’ll be visiting this thread a lot more!

PS. Anyone want a Andromeda Stainless Steel?

Edit: Just noticed that I got the blessed post number

Attachments

• 20200326_165143.jpg
    20200326_165143.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #9,670 of 23,720
congrats, man!

enjoy the 18...it is a fantastic transducer, and remains one of the best i've heard to date.

what music do you listen to?

and don't forget to try both apex modules!

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #9,671 of 23,720
Thanks, I'm delighted to have them!

I don't really have a type, I kind of listen to everything! Although I'm listening to a lot more Jazz, blues and older rock a lot more with these earphones. Or pretty much anything well engineered. Which is interesting considering my side job/hobby as a Dj has a host of songs that are the opposite of what I just stated, and the U18Ts are now my monitor of choice for mixing.

So here was the catch for the good price. The seller wanted to keep one of the modules for his other IEMs. I chose the M15 for now and will be buying a m20 soon!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #9,672 of 23,720
try some npr tiny desk concerts...they all sound amazing on the 18.

the m15 module really showcases the best of what the 18 can do - airy, large stage, flat and neutral response across the entire frequency range, tia treble, etc.

definitely good to have the m20 as well though, so you can switch between the two whenever you want.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #9,673 of 23,720
Just bought my first 64 Audio product a few days ago and just wanted to lay down my inital thoughts.

The U18T’s are the first iem I’ve ever semi blind bought after not listening to them for about 2 years. I was initially worried that I wouldn’t love the U18T coming off an Andromeda S.

My sound preference is usually clinical and reference sounding with my gaze focused on the Inear pp8 as my next IEM. But I got a great deal that I couldn’t resist and next thing you know, the u18ts were at my door.

First thing I noticed was the separation and detail, like, holy moly. My god, when paired up with my SP1000 SS I just didn’t want to take it out of my ears. Nearly everything sounded fantastic, even some poorer recordings found ways to perform where my sensitive andro wouldn’t. I’ve still got a lot of listening to go, and I'm enjoying every second of it. I’m also sure I’ll be visiting this thread a lot more!

PS. Anyone want a Andromeda Stainless Steel?

Edit: Just noticed that I got the blessed post number
Nice one! Guess you bought it from David. (I had my eyes on it too)

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #9,674 of 23,720
I mostly use M20 on my A12t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back