The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 18, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #7,637 of 23,565
:joy:

Aug 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #7,639 of 23,565
What do you mean coherence issue?

Anyways this unit come on 2019 from b stock unit not sure what they do with this one the 2 pin slot look like new and cable is new one too.

Feel free to let us know what 64 Audio says if they reply to your email. I recently bought one too and the serial number is 201. I thought that was pretty low as well. Maybe they refurbish them or something?

-Collin-

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #7,641 of 23,565
if you like your spiral dots...

1) decore one of the Dekoni Bullets
2) insert the core onto the U12t nozzle
3) insert the spiral dot over the core

Just tried this with the core from an old pair of Comply tips. Scraped off the red foam. Put the core over the nozzle. Fitted the Spiral Dot over, sitting about 2/3 down so jut put a lot more (without the added core they slide all the way back until they’re almost flush with the nozzle).

Wow - what a revelation! Vocals razor sharp. Blacker background. Better isolation. Details clearer. Truly a marked (positive) difference. Thanks so much for the tip! Will maybe try out with the Dekoni core....looks to be a tad thinner / smaller diameter than the Comply core.

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #7,642 of 23,565
@deafdoorknob and @xenithon

Another option are the new Spiral Dot ++ tips. They're the latest generation and they actually have a noticeably smaller core than the originals. I too love Spiral Dot and it's a huge drawback when I get an IEM that doesn't play nice with them. The part number is "EP-FX10ML-B" (replace ML with any size you need). They're stupid expensive and hard to find right now, but Amazon Japan will ship them to the US and I've bought eight pairs to replace all my original Spiral Dots. Here's are some photos for you:

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

Happy tip rolling!

-Collin-

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #7,643 of 23,565
How is 1950 pair with tia forute ? Collin

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #7,644 of 23,565
@deafdoorknob and @xenithon

Another option are the new Spiral Dot ++ tips. They're the latest generation and they actually have a noticeably smaller core than the originals. I too love Spiral Dot and it's a huge drawback when I get an IEM that doesn't play nice with them. The part number is "EP-FX10ML-B" (replace ML with any size you need). They're stupid expensive and hard to find right now, but Amazon Japan will ship them to the US and I've bought eight pairs to replace all my original Spiral Dots. Here's are some photos for you:

Happy tip rolling!

-Collin-

Now that looks VERY interesting. Will see if I can get my hands on a set. Assume if a particular size worked in the standard Spiral Dot the same size would work in this ++ version?

Also have you perhaps compared to the Final Audio E tips - seem to have a very similar design (but are more cost effective and more readily available).

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #7,645 of 23,565
Now that looks VERY interesting. Will see if I can get my hands on a set. Assume if a particular size worked in the standard Spiral Dot the same size would work in this ++ version?

Also have you perhaps compared to the Final Audio E tips - seem to have a very similar design (but are more cost effective and more readily available).

Sizing seems interchangeable with the older ones as I wear ML in both. Just to warn you for sticker shock, they're $25 for two pairs.

I used Final E type prior to these and they were my go-to for 64 Audio IEMs and my Dita Dream where a smaller bore was needed. I feel like the Spiral Dots sound slightly fuller with a smaller dose of treble sparkle, at least on the dream. Hard to A/B tips though because there are other factors. The Spiral Dots fit my ears more securely than the Final E type though.

Hope this helps!

-Collin-

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #7,646 of 23,565
After all the praise for the PW 1960s I have caved in and bought one to pair with my Noir, looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

Aug 18, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #7,647 of 23,565
After all the praise for the PW 1960s I have caved in and bought one to pair with my Noir, looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

Nice! Which cable do you use with Noir currently and also with your U18T? I have regular Fourte and U18T and am always cable rolling to find the best pairings. But both sound great with anything really :)

-Collin-

Aug 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #7,648 of 23,565
Sizing seems interchangeable with the older ones as I wear ML in both. Just to warn you for sticker shock, they're $25 for two pairs.

I used Final E type prior to these and they were my go-to for 64 Audio IEMs and my Dita Dream where a smaller bore was needed. I feel like the Spiral Dots sound slightly fuller with a smaller dose of treble sparkle, at least on the dream. Hard to A/B tips though because there are other factors. The Spiral Dots fit my ears more securely than the Final E type though.

Hope this helps!

-Collin-

Collin, do you know a place to buy these online?

Aug 18, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #7,649 of 23,565
Aug 18, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #7,650 of 23,565

Noir + 1960s 4-wire is so good I sometimes hesitate to switch back to U18t + 1950s for my weekly rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back