The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 18, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #7,621 of 23,565
Hey all. I finally managed to work my way up to a set of U12t’s and been doing some initial listening this weekend.

Thoroughly enjoying it, using a Fiio M11 as source and chi-fi balanced cable. A good sign for me is that no part of the frequency spectrum jumps out, and I’m not finding myself going into instant analysis mode. It’s literally just music flowing out and toes being tapped.

Lots more testing to go, which some critical listening using my go-to known tracks. But in the interim there’s a couple questions I had for those that own or have owned the U12t:

- what tips do you find works best? Currently silicon tips seem to work better than any foam tips (incl. Dekoni Bullets). The foamies tend to cut out too much space / air and emphasize midbass more than I’d like. My trusted JVC Spiral Dots are turning out my fave though they tend to get pushed back too much up the nozzle. Any decent alternatives? I’ve see the Final Audio tips being mentioned a few times.

- any suggestions on cables? Mine came with the premium cable but SE and I need balanced. Would prefer something with strong sub bass, clean midbass, good soundstaging (air and width) and has to be good with female vocal (emotion, purity, etc). Thinking some form of SPC perhaps. Anyone tried out the Forza Hybrid? Not looking to spend an excessive amount so around the $150 mark or so.

Final Audio tips are always my go-to. They seem to make everything sound more refined, clean (not in a lean way) and coherent relative to other silicone tips. I think the Satin Audio Griffin is a great choice for what you’re looking for cable-wise. It pretty much ticks all the boxes apart from the strong sub-bass. The Griffin tightens and adds clarity to the mid-bass, but it doesn’t necessarily add sub-bass. Hopefully, the balanced output of your DAP can compensate in that regard.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #7,622 of 23,565
Final Audio tips are always my go-to. They seem to make everything sound more refined, clean (not in a lean way) and coherent relative to other silicone tips. I think the Satin Audio Griffin is a great choice for what you’re looking for cable-wise. It pretty much ticks all the boxes apart from the strong sub-bass. The Griffin tightens and adds clarity to the mid-bass, but it doesn’t necessarily add sub-bass. Hopefully, the balanced output of your DAP can compensate in that regard.

Many thanks - will likely look to get a set of final audio tips. Will also have a look at Satin Audio - hadn’t heard of the before. It’s fine if they don’t add sub bass; I think the U12t has plenty for my tastes. I just don’t want something that softens the bass - should still be tight and punchy (one of the reasons I’ve taken the PW No. 5 off the shortlist)

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #7,623 of 23,565
i had problems in the past... what are you sending them in for?

No not have any problem from now but look like I got the b stock one from ebay

Just want to know anything i need to worry about like common problem that happen to tia fourte like your fourte what wrong with it?

And they sent you the new one or they repair it?

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #7,624 of 23,565
Many thanks - will likely look to get a set of final audio tips. Will also have a look at Satin Audio - hadn’t heard of the before. It’s fine if they don’t add sub bass; I think the U12t has plenty for my tastes. I just don’t want something that softens the bass - should still be tight and punchy (one of the reasons I’ve taken the PW No. 5 off the shortlist)

Looks like the Griffin is for you, then.

To read about the cable and the company further, you can check out my review here: https://theheadphonelist.com/satin-audio-griffin-and-chimera-new-standards/

No not have any problem from now but look like I got the b stock one from ebay

Just want to know anything i need to worry about like common problem that happen to tia fourte like your fourte what wrong with it?

And they sent you the new one or they repair it?

B-stock IEMs only have cosmetic defects on them, like misaligned serial number engravings, etc. Functionally and build-wise, they’re passed through the same QC, and should be on par with all of 64 Audio’s other pieces.

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #7,625 of 23,565
6398266B-4ADC-4FBF-BF35-370C8BCC4903.jpeg 4790403C-5907-4CB0-B418-2D528F2142EF.jpeg 71BE4125-BDF6-4FF4-B032-E66E70034C83.jpeg 5AC21B14-D7CB-43D1-8628-8C88E108EEBB.jpeg

Looks like the Griffin is for you, then.

To read about the cable and the company further, you can check out my review here: https://theheadphonelist.com/satin-audio-griffin-and-chimera-new-standards/

B-stock IEMs only have cosmetic defects on them, like misaligned serial number engravings, etc. Functionally and build-wise, they’re passed through the same QC, and should be on par with all of 64 Audio’s other pieces.

Thank you for your answer anyway

The b-stock I got its the same as the one that someone unboxing them in the 2 yr ago like the graphic on faceplate and serial number

Make me think that they are re-sell them after repair or not ? I email to 64 audio already. Not sure what happen

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #7,628 of 23,565
I got a brand new one recently and the serial number is in the 2000s. Yours is 54. I bet the sound has changed too. Mine has no coherence issues. Yours probably will.
What do you mean coherence issue?

Anyways this unit come on 2019 from b stock unit not sure what they do with this one the 2 pin slot look like new and cable is new one too.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #7,629 of 23,565

Final E-type, Acoustune AET07, and E-Pro Horn Shaped tips are probably my 3 most used tips.

Satin Audio is a Vietnamese cable brand. I've considered getting cables from them before - that 2.5mm F/M splitter is pretty intriguing given that I have an ES100.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #7,630 of 23,565
Hey all. I finally managed to work my way up to a set of U12t’s and been doing some initial listening this weekend.

Thoroughly enjoying it, using a Fiio M11 as source and chi-fi balanced cable. A good sign for me is that no part of the frequency spectrum jumps out, and I’m not finding myself going into instant analysis mode. It’s literally just music flowing out and toes being tapped.

Lots more testing to go, which some critical listening using my go-to known tracks. But in the interim there’s a couple questions I had for those that own or have owned the U12t:

- what tips do you find works best? Currently silicon tips seem to work better than any foam tips (incl. Dekoni Bullets). The foamies tend to cut out too much space / air and emphasize midbass more than I’d like. My trusted JVC Spiral Dots are turning out my fave though they tend to get pushed back too much up the nozzle. Any decent alternatives? I’ve see the Final Audio tips being mentioned a few times.

- any suggestions on cables? Mine came with the premium cable but SE and I need balanced. Would prefer something with strong sub bass, clean midbass, good soundstaging (air and width) and has to be good with female vocal (emotion, purity, etc). Thinking some form of SPC perhaps. Anyone tried out the Forza Hybrid? Not looking to spend an excessive amount so around the $150 mark or so.
I'd heavily heavily recommend Forza Audioworks. Amazing sound (like them better than the EA Eros II, and some of the best build quality in the industry

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #7,631 of 23,565
I'd heavily heavily recommend Forza Audioworks. Amazing sound (like them better than the EA Eros II, and some of the best build quality in the industry
I have FAW for both my HD800 and Auteur and love them hence considering their IEM cables. Just deliberating between their option - leaning toward hybrid.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #7,632 of 23,565
I have FAW for both my HD800 and Auteur and love them hence considering their IEM cables. Just deliberating between their option - leaning toward hybrid.
I haven't tried their copper cable but at its price point its definitely worth an order. Matthew also agreed to make an 8 wire version of their IEM cable for me, and I am receiving that on Tuesday so I will let you know how it is. He charged me around 250 + shipping and at that price point it's an easy decision imo

Aug 18, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #7,633 of 23,565

if you like your spiral dots...

1) decore one of the Dekoni Bullets
2) insert the core onto the U12t nozzle
3) insert the spiral dot over the core

6BFA8BE0-B2E3-475C-B20C-97E012EF12BB.jpeg

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #7,634 of 23,565
@mvvRAZ hey mate, have you managed to reshell your A18t? Custom or Uni?

Aug 18, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #7,635 of 23,565
@mvvRAZ hey mate, have you managed to reshell your A18t? Custom or Uni?
Yessir I have both the custom and the universal now

Ever since I got the universal the customs have barely left their box though as the U is way flatter, I get quite a bit more bass on the custom due to the seal and that isn’t really my sound sig

I do quite like the Noir so far - well I love it - but it is a bit too bassy for me and I have a silver cable coming to correct that. Also ever since I went to unbalanced I’ve managed to shave off some bass too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back