The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #7,306 of 23,565

Ooftt... new 64Audio policy... closing the doors on remolding.

https://www.64audio.com/faq

Question - who or which 3rd party remold service provider would y'all turn to (and trust) to remold your 64Audio customs lineup now? These "3rd party remold service provider" able to confidently remold, replicate or handle all that minute 64Audio proprietary tech (e.g. tia, apex, etc)?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #7,307 of 23,565
yes i just had a listen with my dave and trio, u18t and over ear ADX5000. both iems on silverfi r4 cable. i take back previous comments re: vast superiority of over ears to iem.

the biggest difference was between the two iem's, i.e. trio to u18t. trio sounds like it's muddy and distant versus u18t which is also wider and deeper stage more air more 3d. u18t with r4 cable sounds very close to over ears without the extra depth and space (3d really). it is not that u18t has none, just not as much. takes a while for my ears to even tell though.

trio on 1950s dire (relatively). flattish.

i bought trios over fourtes because trios were enough for me. the fourte quite expensive i think. but i think u18t is just so good that it makes trio look like they stink in this comparison.

also r4 is an amazing cable. what that fellow Sezai does i do not know but i think i am going to buy a cable for the over ears from sezai. i must trust him given what he has done with the iem cable. it is staggering.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #7,308 of 23,565
Question - who or which 3rd party remold service provider would y'all turn to (and trust) to remold your 64 Audio customs lineup now? These "3rd party remold service provider" able to confidently remold, replicate or handle all the minute 64Audio proprietary tech (e.g. tia, apex, etc)?
FiR Audio - the only one I would trust. Bogdan Belonozhko has also previously worked at 64 and knows his way around the IEMs to say the least. Did mine and did an exceptional job at it

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #7,309 of 23,565
You’re right, they didn’t. They sold me an IEM with the promise of ownership transfers and later changed their minds. Do you see how this might maybe, I dunno, make some people angry? Or is your mind genuinely too clouded by corporate bootlicking to recognize greed when you see it?
I don't think you understand the terms of your purchase of your custom. No one promised you that you would be able to transfer ownership and have your custom reshelled. It was a separate service that they offered but in no way was it *promised* that it would be an option forever. The argument you are making is implying some legal issue or breach of contract, but there is none.

Other people have pointed out already that other companies have been doing the same. Sometimes the industry just goes in an anti-consumer direction and there just isn't anything you can do about it. See the trends of headphone jacks being removed from phones. You can make a bunch of noise about it but I doubt anything will change. Just don't buy from them again.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #7,310 of 23,565
yes i just had a listen with my dave and trio, u18t and over ear ADX5000. both iems on silverfi r4 cable. i take back previous comments re: vast superiority of over ears to iem.

the biggest difference was between the two iem's, i.e. trio to u18t. trio sounds like it's muddy and distant versus u18t which is also wider and deeper stage more air more 3d. u18t with r4 cable sounds very close to over ears without the extra depth and space (3d really). it is not that u18t has none, just not as much. takes a while for my ears to even tell though.

i bought trios over fourtes because trios were enough for me. the fourte quite expensive i think. but i think u18t is just so good that it makes trio look like they stink in this comparison.

also r4 is an amazing cable. what that fellow Sezai does i do not know but i think i am going to buy a cable for the over ears from sezai. i must trust him given what he has done with the iem cable. it is staggering.

Jesus that's probably the best setup I could imagine.

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #7,311 of 23,565

If I understand correctly the r4 isn't really suitable for mobile use?

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #7,312 of 23,565
Another case of mistaken identity :D

64audio_fourte_noir-00a.jpg

64audio_fourte_noir-00b.jpg

64audio_fourte_noir-00c.jpg

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #7,313 of 23,565
No one promised you that you would be able to transfer ownership and have your custom reshelled. It was a separate service that they offered but in no way was it *promised* that it would be an option forever.
I’m not sure if someone can dig it up but someone mentioned earlier that 64 said that they would not be removing the ability to transfer ownership of customs. I’m personally not aware of where they said this but if someone could back me up by sourcing the quote that would prove this wrong. Of course, it’s not a contract backed guarantee per se, but it’s still evidence that they backed out on their word.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #7,315 of 23,565
You've lost it man, hahaha.

That's exactly what my wife said today when she opened the package from ebay with teabags :D And my kids gave me a strange look too when I was taking pictures :p

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #7,316 of 23,565
That's exactly what my wife said today when she opened the package from ebay with teabags :D And my kids gave me a strange look too when I was taking pictures :p

Strange looks are fine, it's when you find them huddled in the corner whispering to each other you really need to start worrying :p

Jul 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #7,317 of 23,565
Just thought I'd say this but here I am conflicting over fourte vs u18t.

But I just put on the beyerdynamic t1 for the first time in a year.

Suddenly made me realize how dumb it was fretting over this. The T1 at about 700-800$ brand new blows away ALL iems.

Few weeks ago it was the i4, then Andromeda, Z1R, UE18+, Fourte and now T1 that blows away all IEMs. Didn’t mean to imply anything, just a bit confused here as to what your preference really is. Each IEM has its own advantages over others, so it’s down to which suits your tastes better (do note that everyone hear things differently).

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,318 of 23,565
I’m not sure if someone can dig it up but someone mentioned earlier that 64 said that they would not be removing the ability to transfer ownership of customs. I’m personally not aware of where they said this but if someone could back me up by sourcing the quote that would prove this wrong. Of course, it’s not a contract backed guarantee per se, but it’s still evidence that they backed out on their word.

I had a chat with Vlad Belonozhko regarding this topic today as it was quite heavily discussed on the forums.

The main reason from what I was told is that they recently had some issues with people claiming their IEMs were actually stolen and remolded, and asking for replacements, compensation etc.

He and I also agreed that purchasing a CIEM to then resell it is quite odd in of itself, as you can really get a third of its value back at best.

From a business point of view (my words not his), it is the same effort for 64 to remold and IEM as it is to build a new one from scratch. There isn't a single part of the process that gets simplified by the fact that it is a second use IEM. The difference is, that at the same cost of labor, one gets them 600 dollars, the other does 3000 (case of 18 for example). If I were in their position I would also not offer remolds.

If you want to resell an IEM, why not just stick to universals?

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #7,319 of 23,565
I had a chat with Vlad Belonozhko regarding this topic today as it was quite heavily discussed on the forums.

The main reason from what I was told is that they recently had some issues with people claiming their IEMs were actually stolen and remolded, and asking for replacements, compensation etc.

He and I also agreed that purchasing a CIEM to then resell it is quite odd in of itself, as you can really get a third of its value back at best.

From a business point of view (my words not his), it is the same effort for 64 to remold and IEM as it is to build a new one from scratch. There isn't a single part of the process that gets simplified by the fact that it is a second use IEM. The difference is, that at the same cost of labor, one gets them 600 dollars, the other does 3000 (case of 18 for example). If I were in their position I would also not offer remolds.

If you want to resell an IEM, why not just stick to universals?

This is the same reasoning as others that dropped remolding CIEMs.

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #7,320 of 23,565
This is the same reasoning as others that dropped remolding CIEMs.
While it does give certain comfort to the consumer knowing they can resell their CIEMs, from a business POV it makes no sense yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back