The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #6,976 of 23,565
Curious about the order status page in the email they send you.

I checked the impressions on file option since I had my A3s done about a bit more than a year and sent in my impressions then.

But the page seems to indicate they're waiting for my impressions despite the order showing the on file option? Oversight on the web pages part?

Possibly, may want to give them a shout. Did you select Impressions on file when you made the new order? Also any comments on the a3's? Not much about them on the web. Nearly ordered a set of them during the 4th of july.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #6,977 of 23,565
Possibly, may want to give them a shout. Did you select Impressions on file when you made the new order? Also any comments on the a3's? Not much about them on the web. Nearly ordered a set of them during the 4th of july.
Yup, the order invoice on the same page shows Impressions: On File

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #6,978 of 23,565
How about the original shanling m0? or fiio's copy version of it, m5? But you have to keep in mind, these smaller daps (including r3) are made for convenience as their top priority, or to use them as a small digital transport to drive external dac/amp; they will not be able to match resolution of higher end models. Probably the smallest flagship I have access to is Plenue L, it's relatively compact, but headphone jacks are on the bottom, the opposite side of volume knobs and when you put it in your pocket and want to have those knobs facing up, the headphone plug better be angled or you use right angled adaptor (like those 2.5mm to 4.4mm musicteck is selling).

Thanks for the recommendation:).

Shanling m0 a little underpowered for you?
I don’t know yet. I will try after I receive my a18 later next week.

How long after Impressions are received before production starts? My impressions were received yesterday.

Don’t expect it will start soon cus if you didn’t get the rush order, it will take about 3-4 week to be done. So just relax and wait hehe.
My a18t is on rush order now. It should be done on next Mon or Tue. :ksc75smile:

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #6,979 of 23,565
Curious about the order status page in the email they send you.

I checked the impressions on file option since I had my A3s done about a bit more than a year and sent in my impressions then.

But the page seems to indicate they're waiting for my impressions despite the order showing the on file option? Oversight on the web pages part?
No worry bro. My a18 is the same like you. It still say that i need to send the impressions now. I called them yesterday and they said that I don’t need to check on their web cus their web system have problems now. They confirmed with me that they had my impressions a while ago and would start to produce it sometime yesterday and would be done next week cus of rush order.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #6,980 of 23,565
Would u12t or u18 be a good upgrade from my old k10ua. Are they similar in signatures

I love my custom K10, and I still listen to it, but the A18t is an absolute revolution in sound in comparison. The same can be said about the A12t.

To be fair, the tech in the K10 is a few years old, and when it came out it was the revolution in sound to many.

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #6,981 of 23,565
Would u12t or u18 be a good upgrade from my old k10ua. Are they similar in signatures

Great question! I really liked the K10UA as a relatively analytical alternative to my warmer, richer Westone W60. The U18t is similar to the K10UA, but imagine more. Just... a WHOLE heap more. Far more detail, wider soundstage, better placement of instruments, deeper bass, sweeter treble, richer mids. It's a big leap over the K10 in my humble opinion. The U12t has all of that too, but to a lesser degree.

The thing that continues to impress about the U18t is: 18 months on, it's incredibly open-sounding and somehow has so much detail but remains incredibly musical and rich. Vocals, guitars, bass, strings, piano, sound lush and rich and I can hear the pluck of the notes and the breathing of the artists. An astonishing achievement that remains a true delight.

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #6,982 of 23,565
Don’t expect it will start soon cus if you didn’t get the rush order, it will take about 3-4 week to be done. So just relax and wait hehe. My a18t is on rush order now. It should be done on next Mon or Tue. :ksc75smile:

Thanks. Rush was not worth it for me; so I have no problem waiting..

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #6,983 of 23,565
The thing that continues to impress about the U18t is: 18 months on, it's incredibly open-sounding and somehow has so much detail but remains incredibly musical and rich. Vocals, guitars, bass, strings, piano, sound lush and rich and I can hear the pluck of the notes and the breathing of the artists.

The 18t takes a wrecking ball to the musical/analytical dichotomy. At any moment, whether you're zeroing in on some tiny detail or being swept away by the larger soundscape is pretty much up to you.

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #6,984 of 23,565
Meanwhile I'm just settling on the A6t. I have tasted dimishing returns and deemed it not worth.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #6,985 of 23,565
Meanwhile I'm just settling on the A6t. I have tasted dimishing returns and deemed it not worth.

Sadly, I think I am in the Chris Rock mentality here. Specifically, he said "Once you meet a woman who does <xxxxxxx> in bed, you can never go back to a woman who doesn't do that."

I'm ascending that ladder of audio filth, one driver at a time.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #6,986 of 23,565

I was at CanJam SoCal, working my way up through the 64 lineup, figuring I'd stop once I got to a level that I wasn't realistically going to spend. That was the A4 for me. I actually gave the 6 a try, and thought it was too dark and intense for me to use as an all-rounder. Though now, I think I could probably fit the A6 with the M15 module and it would be pretty danged sweet.

Anyway, all of them sounded really, really good. I could easily have 'settled' for the A4t and never have regretted it.

Then I won the drawing for a free pair of IEMs, and so naturally I sat down to listen to the high end stuff. Now I have tasted the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. God help me when the A18t finally gives out and I have to spend actual money to get a replacement.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #6,987 of 23,565
I'm ascending that ladder of audio filth, one driver at a time.

Sounds like a gateway drug. I went from 1 to 3 to 14 then back to 5/6 and staying there.

I was at CanJam SoCal, working my way up through the 64 lineup, figuring I'd stop once I got to a level that I wasn't realistically going to spend. That was the A4 for me. I actually gave the 6 a try, and thought it was too dark and intense for me to use as an all-rounder. Though now, I think I could probably fit the A6 with the M15 module and it would be pretty danged sweet.

Anyway, all of them sounded really, really good. I could easily have 'settled' for the A4t and never have regretted it.

Then I won the drawing for a free pair of IEMs, and so naturally I sat down to listen to the high end stuff. Now I have tasted the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. God help me when the A18t finally gives out and I have to spend actual money to get a replacement.
Oh geez that's insanely lucky, I mean I would have an A18t if I was lucky enough to win a draw :p

I'm also beginning to suspect that if I didn't deviate to the Zeus and got the A6t last year I would have saved myself a lot of money. @Deezel177 offers good advice.

So it seems that the M15 might be the apex module for me. I already have the M20, does anyone know if 64 Audio will change it to the M15 if I ask? And also, who's their Headfi point of contact these days?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #6,988 of 23,565
Sounds like a gateway drug. I went from 1 to 3 to 14 then back to 5/6 and staying there.

Oh geez that's insanely lucky, I mean I would have an A18t if I was lucky enough to win a draw :p

So it seems that the M15 might be the apex module for me. I already have the M20, does anyone know if 64 Audio will change it to the M15 if I ask? And also, who's their Headfi point of contact these days?

I believe they come with both modules?

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #6,989 of 23,565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back